Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush

He proved alot here running the ball, amazing how fans turned on him the second he was no longer here. He needed to be used more as a receiver though

Nobody turned on him, we all love what he gave us...his all. He wanted to come down here and prove that he was an all around running back, so that's what we did. He caught plenty of balls out of the backfield, as for the slot, i'm not sure why people think he'd be a fit there. He is a long strider and has never played WR, Davone Bess IMO is absolutely a better option in the slot than Reggie.

I liked reggie alot but i cant wait to see what miller can do. Reggie danced in the hole too much alot of the time and left yards on the field. Miller hits the hole hard and i think hes a home run threat too.

Miller is simply a more complete back. Love Reggie...and wish him the best. But Miller is a better fit for what we are trying to do.

be more exciting with Bush back, love how people annoint a back that had 50 carries last year and most in basically meaningless time in games

I don't see Sherman using Bush to his full potential out of the backfield, not like the Saints at least.
So definitely yes I'm not a fan of running Bush 25 times a game, that's not his strength at all imho.
Lamar Miller will be much better imho in that sense.

Now if we used Bush out of the backfield more, of course I would want him here, who wouldn't?
And yes I am aware of Lamar Miller's carries, that's why it's my opinion and I don't really expect everybody to agree with that. Not a big deal.
I'm just stating what I think. And I'm excited as hell to see Lamar as our lead back.

Nobody turned on him, we all love what he gave us...his all. He wanted to come down here and prove that he was an all around running back, so that's what we did. He caught plenty of balls out of the backfield, as for the slot, i'm not sure why people think he'd be a fit there. He is a long strider and has never played WR, Davone Bess IMO is absolutely a better option in the slot than Reggie.

what do you mean he caught plenty of passes out of backfield . BAsed on games started he had career lows in receptions out of backfield because we did not use that play enough. I never said said use him out of slot but you could spread him out on certain plays because Bess has no where near the same speed as Bush who is one of the faster guys in the NFL. For the amount of games started he should have had no less than 60 receptions. As for turning on him please. A year ago people were talking about he would lead the league in rushing and now somehow its obvious Lamar Miller is a better back and both are quite far from the truth

I don't see Sherman using Bush to his full potential out of the backfield, not like the Saints at least.
So definitely yes I'm not a fan of running Bush 25 times a game, that's not his strength at all imho.
Lamar Miller will be much better imho in that sense.

Now if we used Bush out of the backfield more, of course I would want him here, who wouldn't?
And yes I am aware of Lamar Miller's carries, that's why it's my opinion and I don't really expect everybody to agree with that. Not a big deal.
I'm just stating what I think. And I'm excited as hell to see Lamar as our lead back.

Well for a player that carried the ball 25 times or more in college twice thats alot of faith. In fact he only carried the load for his team for one season in college so yea thats alot of faith. dont get me wrong I like mILLER but way too much blind faith in back that had 50 carries last year.

Well for a player that carried the ball 25 times or more in college twice thats alot of faith. In fact he only carried the load for his team for one season in college so yea thats alot of faith. dont get me wrong I like mILLER but way too much blind faith in back that had 50 carries last year.

Definitely yes, durability is a legitimate concern with Lamar.
Imho that is my only worry about him.
If he is on the field for us, I have no worries about his skill and production.

We will find out soon enough.

typical after the fact dribble. Just wait til their other running back gets injured. suddenly they will hint that he was a FT RB in Miami.

By catching plenty of balls do you mean the second lowest receiving total of his career only worst season receiving was
when he played 8 games..so yes he did have his worst season receiving last year.

The first 12 games of the season he averaged 2 receptions a game while with the Saints he averaged
almost 5 catches a game.

Sherman didn't utilize Bush to his abilities
and I still have my doubts about Sherman

Reggie is a good player, I'm sorry to see him go.

I think letting him walk was more about him being a square peg and our offense being a round hole, than any indictment of his ability. They clearly want more of a north/south runner and someone who is a stronger blocker on passing plays (Reggie just doesn't have the size, IMO).

Detroit got a good player.

Reggie is a good player, I'm sorry to see him go.

I think letting him walk was more about him being a square peg and our offense being a round hole, than any indictment of his ability. They clearly want more of a north/south runner and someone who is a stronger blocker on passing plays (Reggie just doesn't have the size, IMO).

Detroit got a good player.

Miller is not a good blocker either

It's too bad Harbaugh didn't punch Schwartz outz after the Lion's crybaby coach felt Harbaugh squeezed his hand too hard. Focus on your own stinky Lions Schwartz.

Miller is not a good blocker either

Miller's a bulkier guy. He's got a good 15-20 pounds on Reggie despite being an inch shorter. I think he has more potential to be a good blitz pickup guy. You could tell that Reggie made the effort, but it's tough to block a blitzing linebacker when you are 6' 195lbs.

Miller's a bulkier guy. He's got a good 15-20 pounds on Reggie despite being an inch shorter. I think he has more potential to be a good blitz pickup guy. You could tell that Reggie made the effort, but it's tough to block a blitzing linebacker when you are 6' 195lbs.

i will say now Miller wont have close to the career that Reggie has and thats not saying much. Hope Im wrong but thats the way I see it

Also in all fairness to the people busting on Bush, our receivers did little to help him last year. When we had a threat like Marshall he was much more effective

Back
Top Bottom