Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush

Not it wouldn't have. But I think this is all about Philbin having a lot of faith in Lamar Miller and Reggie's injury concerns, or even that there's a RB that they like a lot in the draft. Of course that's only my opinion, but now that he's gone I'm ready to move forward and hopefully watch Lamar Miller become a great RB.

He has potential but if the staff was so sure of him they should have played him more in meaningful minutes and he is just as much an injury concern

He has potential but if the staff was so sure of him they should have played him more in meaningful minutes and he is just as much an injury concern

Yes, but one of them is 28 year old and injury prone, which isn't usually a good thing to have. If they don't feel Miller is the guy then it looks like there's someone in the draft that they really like.

Yes, but one of them is 28 year old and injury prone, which isn't usually a good thing to have. If they don't feel Miller is the guy then it looks like there's someone in the draft that they really like.

One is also proven and its not the young guy

Reggie might be 28 but barely has mileage because he missed a lot of time in the Saints, plus barely got any snaps there, and while with us he didn't have any of those chronic injuries. He took his conditioning to another level with us and looked stronger and faster than he did with the Saints. I would have brought him back, how can you not want to see Reggie and Mike on the field together? Plus Reggie let his practice habits lead by example. He was a very respectable player for us. It's a huge loss for us IMO. But oh well, let's hope that Miller and Jonas Gray shows something. I have no hope for Mr. Concussions.

anything is possible but 50 carries is not a very large sample and there were games where he wasnt very efffective. I just think Bush's receiving ability and versatilty made him more valuable.

I'm guess Joe Philbin and staff had a different view of what a running back should be in their system so they went another direction. I trust philbin to make the right personnel decisions, until he proves he shouldn't be!

Well not every coaching staff is perfect but at the same time we don't have unlimited money, we can't build an all star team. Running back is the easiest to replace but still I would have brought him back at 4 million per year. That's a bargain for Reggie's skill set.

I'm guess Joe Philbin and staff had a different view of what a running back should be in their system so they went another direction. I trust philbin to make the right personnel decisions, until he proves he shouldn't be!

Well didnt they choose Nannee to be a starting wr last year so let not act like they are infallible.

All I can think is that they plan on using Miller "a lot" and thought that if they kept Bush as his backup in such a small role that Bush would feel underutilised so they decided to allow him to utilize his vast skills with another team, since he's still fairly young. That keeping Bush would've been a disservice being that he's still in the prime of his career and they were going to be using Miller in an Adrian Peterson full time type of role. I'm guessing that they feel Marcus Thigpen is capable to fill the "small role" Bush would've been asked to fill and decided to go that route.

I think that the Mendenhall interest was more to replace Thomas than replace Bush as I think that Thigpen will be replacing the small Bush role. imo

Isn't Ford Field artificial turf?

I don't like Schwartz at all but most people will agree with him. Bush was underutilized here.

I think he pissed the staff off slightly by not running exactly where certain run plays were designed and not getting the easy yardage.

Also, the way that the staff responded to that fumble to me shows that he REALLY should have just stayed out of it when that clown was let go in training camp.

Didn't Bush want to run against teams that had 8 in the box? That he wasn't a scat back?
Who cares what Reggie wanted? I like the guy and I wish we had kept him. He proved that he can run inside but I agree this was not the best thing for the team all the time. Coach Schwartz does have a point, IMO.

I said this before, the way we used Reggie was not what was best for the team. He is much more dangerous as a dual threat. With that said he wanted to be used as a 3 down back and that's what we did.
Exactly. Reggie wanted to prove he was "more" than just a 3rd down passing receiving back and while some are complaining about how he was used by the team - we essentially gave him what he asked for. It's ironic that what Coach Schwartz is saying is that he wants to use Reggie like NO did, which is what Reggie didn't like.

No one can fault Reggie's professionalism, his work ethic, and his character. We may miss him but I'm sure I won't miss him dancing in the backfield instead of hitting the hole. Maybe Lamar Miller will prove to be his replacement - I think it's too early to be comfortable with that at all. I'm hoping that the passing game will get some defenders out of the front and make all of the RBs we have left more effective. Maybe even Lane can get his average up to 3 yards per carry.

I thought we used him wrong the whole time he was here too. He played well, but we had him lined up as a runningback instead of a slot receiver, where he would've excelled. He's great in open space.

Wasn't the general consensus by the time he left in New Orleans that he wasn't all that great as a pass catcher? They forced fed him on so many plays, lined him up all over the field, and he never produced like they expected. Sproles and even Thomas when forced into the role outperformed Bush.

I thought during his short spell in Miami he played better than he ever had with the Saints. He had a stretch where he was looking like the best back in football......it didn't last long but sure was fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom