Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush

Bush is going to fit in their system very easily there and it is true we did use him well in the running game but very poorly in the passing game - no getting around that.

With that said, I don't think he would have accepted a 2 year deal when he could (and did) get a long term deal like the one he got from Detroit. If I'm the Dolphins, as much as I wanted him back, I don't think I'd want to give him 4 years, either. I would have loved to have him back on a similar deal to what he signed the first time, but if he was willing to accept that and we didn't give it to him, then I'd call that a mistake.

We will never know and at this point, just need to move forward.

4 years never means 4 years though. just structure it so we dont get burned

So...What's the point of this thread? Why is it on the main forum? Bush isn't a Dolphin anymore.

Scheme fit is very important in the NFL. The Dolphins want to run a ZBS, and Reggie Bush simply is not the one-cut runner that fits it.

Scheme fit is very important in the NFL. The Dolphins want to run a ZBS, and Reggie Bush simply is not the one-cut runner that fits it.

Well that, and his WPA wasn't high enough...

It's comparing how the Fins used him vs. how Detroit will. Who made you a mod? Oh, right, no one.

How about we wait for the results, eh? Also, MOD? I'm not a mod but that doesn't change the fact that he's no longer a Dolphin.

Umm..

Reggie coming to Miami was all about Reggie trying to prove he was a real running back.

Reggie WANTED to run into the box...... is this for real? He would have been upset if we tried to use him ONLY like the Saints did.

What a joke.

Umm..

Reggie coming to Miami was all about Reggie trying to prove he was a real running back.

Reggie WANTED to run into the box...... is this for real? He would have been upset if we tried to use him ONLY like the Saints did.

What a joke.

He should have been used more in passing game u must admit

If the Dolphins see a lot of potential in Lamar Miller then I'm fine with letting Reggie go. Maybe 1 or 2 more years wouldn't have hurt, but Reggie's already 28 and I wouldn't feel good giving him a 4 year contract.

If we're looking to grab another RB through the draft I hope we take a look at Johnathan Franklin, he's a great runner, he can catch passes, and he's a good pass blocker. The only big knock on him was that he fumbled too much, but he really cleaned that up in his senior season only fumbling once I believe.

If the Dolphins see a lot of potential in Lamar Miller then I'm fine with letting Reggie go. Maybe 1 or 2 more years wouldn't have hurt, but Reggie's already 28 and I wouldn't feel good giving him a 4 year contract.

If we're looking to grab another RB through the draft I hope we take a look at Johnathan Franklin, he's a great runner, he can catch passes, and he's a good pass blocker. The only big knock on him was that he fumbled too much, but he really cleaned that up in his senior season only fumbling once I believe.

at that price 4 years wouldnt hurt

at that price 4 years wouldnt hurt

Not it wouldn't have. But I think this is all about Philbin having a lot of faith in Lamar Miller and Reggie's injury concerns, or even that there's a RB that they like a lot in the draft. Of course that's only my opinion, but now that he's gone I'm ready to move forward and hopefully watch Lamar Miller become a great RB.

Back
Top Bottom