Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Top 10 is very debatable. Lotta good QBs. Plus he’s been banged up a lot, he’s definitely an old 33. I think he could get a late first maybe but not a high one.
I don’t think Detroit is thinking they’ll get a high one. It said in the article they would accommodate him and send him somewhere he wants to go. So if that’s the case he’s going to want to walk into a good situation. He will want to go to a contender. So you’ve got SF at 12. NE at 15. Washington at 19. Indy at 21. Even throw in NO at 28 I believe? I believe 1 of those is the probable landing spot. Then Detroit would own 2 1st rounders and they have the ammo to come up to 2 or 3 bc that’s what it’s going to cost bc if they’re coming up it’s for a QB. It’s an interesting scenario that could definitely involve us.

Stafford and Matt Ryan can be located on every passing play. 3 steps, 5 steps, 7 steps, or shotgun they move around as much as the STATUE of LIBERTY. You can pin drop them on a map on passing downs. The Patriots did it to the immobile Ryan and Stole the SB from them.

They expect to fetch perhaps a first round pick. Dolphins could drop down from 3 to 7 and pick up that extra first. I would expect one of Chase or Smith would be there at 7. If not take Parsons and use the other two firsts on offensive weapons.

Problem is, the Jets could look to make the same type of deal. And obviously have a higher pick to offer guaranteed to get the top QB beyond Lawrence.

Since NYJ seems committed to Sam Darnold for the time being, I can see them looking to trade down from #2 which is bad for MIA.

I mentioned the 49ers and Patriots above as possible trade partners with the Lions but I agree the Colts would be a great landing spot for Stafford. He is better than Rivers and Rivers was able to lead the Colts to the playoffs this season. Stafford passed for over 4000 yards with 26 TD’s and only 10 interceptions on a bad Lions team 2020.

I really don’t get some people thinking he is an old and injured QB. At 33 he is still in the prime of his career and he played in all 16 games this past season. He would be an outstanding upgrade at the QB position for the Colts, 49ers, or Patriots.
Colts make a ton of sense.

Miami Herald indicating Watson's first choice is the Jets with Miami as his second choice. If the Jets get Watson, that means two of the top three quarterbacks will be available when Miami picks.

A Stafford trade takes away one trade partner, but should be a ton of interest in that spot.

I'd say it's an 80 percent chance that the Dolphins trade that pick.

7 is a good spot unless Sewell isn't there at 5 for the Bengals and they opt to reunite Burrow with Chase. Eagles take Smith at 6.

I think BB and the Pats are going to be all over Stafford. Colts make sense obviously, if their HC doesn't push for his former QB (Wentz). Wouldn't count out the Saints if they can clear some cap getting in on one of these available vets. Washington is another team desperate for a QB without a high pick.

Stafford's contract is pretty reasonable for a good QB. The Lions should be able to get a decent deal for him. And yes, with the extra ammo, moving from #7 up to get his replacement makes a lot of sense. The Jets really don't make sense. If they drop to 7, they are stuck with Sam. And if they trade for Watson, the Texans have the 2 and need a QB. The Lions might be trading up to get the 3rd best QB.

They expect to fetch perhaps a first round pick. Dolphins could drop down from 3 to 7 and pick up that extra first. I would expect one of Chase or Smith would be there at 7. If not take Parsons and use the other two firsts on offensive weapons.
I doubt the Lions would give us that extra 1st to move from 7 to 3 when they only have 5 picks at this time and a ton of holes. I'd think a couple of 2's is more realistic.

I don't think he's talking about trading FOR Stafford lol. It just means Detroit might be looking to trade up to our pick to select a young QB
Ahh ... well that makes more sense. :D

I doubt the Lions would give us that extra 1st to move from 7 to 3 when they only have 5 picks at this time and a ton of holes. I'd think a couple of 2's is more realistic.
If they want a QB that bad then they’ll pay what it takes. Not saying you’re wrong bc your theory is plausible. But I’m saying to come up for a QB costs more than if you’re coming up for any other position. And if Detroit is trying to come up I’d think it’ll be very obvious what they’re coming up for. I think the Jets and Dolphins both are telling them give us that extra #1 you have this year or your 2022 #1 or you can kick rocks. New coach and new GM basically new FO for Detroit. New regimes almost always want to start with a new QB of their choosing. We’ll see how much Detroit covets one of the QBs by if they’re willing to make the trade.

Top 10 is very debatable. Lotta good QBs. Plus he’s been banged up a lot, he’s definitely an old 33. I think he could get a late first maybe but not a high one.
Good way to see. List the top 10 QBs in the NFL right now, in your view

Matthew Effin' Stafford...my my my, seems like he's primed to be traded to the Pats and for only a first rounder. He seems a lot older than he is. Jets would be silly not to pounce if he ever surfaces. A lot of teams would. I hold him in higher regards than Phillip Rivers.

If they want a QB that bad then they’ll pay what it takes. Not saying you’re wrong bc your theory is plausible. But I’m saying to come up for a QB costs more than if you’re coming up for any other position. And if Detroit is trying to come up I’d think it’ll be very obvious what they’re coming up for. I think the Jets and Dolphins both are telling them give us that extra #1 you have this year or your 2022 #1 or you can kick rocks. New coach and new GM basically new FO for Detroit. New regimes almost always want to start with a new QB of their choosing. We’ll see how much Detroit covets one of the QBs by if they’re willing to make the trade.

Or play it cool like Miami did in 2020 and sit tight still getting their QB.

Why must every GM have to be so desperate ala OBRIEN, to make his idiocy the norm?

Back
Top Bottom