Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Colts make a ton of sense.

Miami Herald indicating Watson's first choice is the Jets with Miami as his second choice. If the Jets get Watson, that means two of the top three quarterbacks will be available when Miami picks.

A Stafford trade takes away one trade partner, but should be a ton of interest in that spot.

I'd say it's an 80 percent chance that the Dolphins trade that pick.

Lol you realize that there's no scenario where Jets don't give up that 2nd overall pick in any possible trade for Watson?

So does Houston have some amazing QB on their bench that I don't know about?

They would very much be in play to draft Wilson or Fields. I'd say that trade almost guarantees that Houston takes a QB there unless they trade down themselves

Lol you realize that there's no scenario where Jets don't give up that 2nd overall pick in any possible trade for Watson?

So does Houston have some amazing QB on their bench that I don't know about?

They would very much be in play to draft Wilson or Fields. I'd say that trade almost guarantees that Houston takes a QB there unless they trade down themselves
Thanks. Yes, I forgot about that. Houston would more than likely get that #2.

Still, either Fields or Wilson at #3 would have a lot of interest. I still think Miami trades down.

If they want a QB that bad then they’ll pay what it takes. Not saying you’re wrong bc your theory is plausible. But I’m saying to come up for a QB costs more than if you’re coming up for any other position. And if Detroit is trying to come up I’d think it’ll be very obvious what they’re coming up for. I think the Jets and Dolphins both are telling them give us that extra #1 you have this year or your 2022 #1 or you can kick rocks. New coach and new GM basically new FO for Detroit. New regimes almost always want to start with a new QB of their choosing. We’ll see how much Detroit covets one of the QBs by if they’re willing to make the trade.
Sure if they were totally sold on getting a QB that high but I'm not sure they want to start out by using two high picks on one player with al the help they need. Lets face it, they could stay at 7 and still get a QB there. I know we're all looking for whatever is best for our team but in order to move down you need them to want to come up and at this point we don't know what their plan is n how they want to build a team that needs a lot of parts.

Problem is, the Jets could look to make the same type of deal. And obviously have a higher pick to offer guaranteed to get the top QB beyond Lawrence.

Since NYJ seems committed to Sam Darnold for the time being, I can see them looking to trade down from #2 which is bad for MIA.
That's why I said Fields AND Wilson.

No issue if they covet the one that is left after whatever the Jests do.

Might be way off in my thinking, but I could see Carolina as a dark horse for Stafford. They have McCaffrey at RB, with Moore, Anderson, and Samuel at WR. Add Stafford and that offense becomes explosive under Joe Brady. Also they have a very young defense that played well and is getting better. Most of their losses were by one possession. Also, Carolina either hired, or is hiring Stafford's old QB coach

Stafford's contract is pretty reasonable for a good QB. The Lions should be able to get a decent deal for him. And yes, with the extra ammo, moving from #7 up to get his replacement makes a lot of sense. The Jets really don't make sense. If they drop to 7, they are stuck with Sam. And if they trade for Watson, the Texans have the 2 and need a QB. The Lions might be trading up to get the 3rd best QB.
to get the guy who is left.

no idea what order they go in (after lawrence), or who turns out to be the best QB in the nfl.

Matthew Effin' Stafford...my my my, seems like he's primed to be traded to the Pats and for only a first rounder. He seems a lot older than he is. Jets would be silly not to pounce if he ever surfaces. A lot of teams would. I hold him in higher regards than Phillip Rivers.
much better than rivers.

and ryan tannehill.

If Lions deal Stafford and want to come up to 3 I'd love a package of 7th overall, Frank Ragnow (one of the top centers in the league) and a 2nd rounder. Our oline is basically fixed (maybe add another G/T in the late 2nd) and we can concentrate on skill players.

Stafford is top 3 of the most underrated QBs. I would put him above Rivers, Eli Manning and Ryan easily and hes still playing. Playing for Detroit has been his downfall.

They expect to fetch perhaps a first round pick. Dolphins could drop down from 3 to 7 and pick up that extra first. I would expect one of Chase or Smith would be there at 7. If not take Parsons and use the other two firsts on offensive weapons.
First off.....Why would you trade for Stafford to back up Tua? That doesn’t make any sense at all. Because...... You do know that Tua is going to be the starter next year....Right? Flo and Grier have already said so. So again I ask.....Why Trade down out of # 3 for Stafford?

As for Parsons, the more video I watch on him the less I like him as a top 10 pick. I’m willing to bet he goes in the mid teens in the draft. He has great physical skills.....But his play diagnostics are lacking. He definitely is no Zach Thomas in that category. But....I’m not an NFL scout.....So I could be seeing things wrong.

Problem is, the Jets could look to make the same type of deal. And obviously have a higher pick to offer guaranteed to get the top QB beyond Lawrence.

Since NYJ seems committed to Sam Darnold for the time being, I can see them looking to trade down from #2 which is bad for MIA.
New coach, new qb. They are done with Darnold. NY will keep their 2 for a qb.

First off.....Why would you trade for Stafford to back up Tua? That doesn’t make any sense at all. Because...... You do know that Tua is going to be the starter next year....Right? Flo and Grier have already said so. So again I ask.....Why Trade down out of # 3 for Stafford?

As for Parsons, the more video I watch on him the less I like him as a top 10 pick. I’m willing to bet he goes in the mid teens in the draft. He has great physical skills.....But his play diagnostics are lacking. He definitely is no Zach Thomas in that category. But....I’m not an NFL scout.....So I could be seeing things wrong.

I agree only player I really want us to grab in 1st is Zaven Collins he’s a must have but not at 3 he’s the perfect fit for our scheme.

That's why I said Fields AND Wilson.

No issue if they covet the one that is left after whatever the Jests do.

But why would DET make a deal with MIA for 3 to then risk having NYJ trade 2 to somebody else also wanting a QB and possibly taking their guy?

That’s why I believe DET would just soon deal with NYJ who might be very interested in trading down for more ammo.

If NYJ indeed want a QB for themselves then this is all moot. But I believe they’ll ride with Darnold since Lawrence isn’t a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom