List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

dolfan348454999

Macdaddy
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a list of possible QB that the dolphins could get before the draft and things we could trade for them. So any that I miss feel free to add on. I know many on the list are crazy, but just go with it.

Phillip Rivers- I think he would fit well into the team, but I don't think Saban will be willing to give up what their asking for him.

Drew Bree- Most likely going to be the man in San Diego. Also same problem as Rivers.

Brett Farve- Not likely, agent has said Green Bay or retirement.

McNair- I think he is one of the more likly choices. The Titans are going to have a shot at Lienhart or Young and probubly will take one. They also have bad salary cap problems and are in total rebuilding mode. I would like to see us get McNair and a young guy in the draft.

Daunte Culpepper- I think he is very overrated. He will want to much many and would have to give up allot to get him.

Tim Couch- I think he is worth a try putting him at third or fourth string and see if he makes it through training camp.

David Carr- The Texans are going to go with Bush and keep Carr as their QB.

Gus Frerotte- May stay in Miami another year to as they groom a young guy.

Sage Rosenfels- I think he is going to go elsewhere in an attempt to fight for a starting job. I would like to see him stay, but don't think he fits into Sabans plan but who really knows.

Cleo Lemon - I think he is going to get a chance to stay in miami as the third stringer, but will never get any higher then second string over his career.

Trade Bait

Ronnie Brown- HaHa, why are people talking about this?

Ricky Williams- I'm not sure what Saban is going to do with him. I would like to see him stay for one more year, because his trade value is not high enough yet and I like seeing him and Ronnie work together. Yet, if we can get a deal for him I don't think we would miss him to much.

Jason Taylor- Again it is pretty far out, but more Likely then the Ronnie Brown Trade. We do have some depth at D line, but if you take Taylor out of this NFL sack leading team they will become a team near the bottom of that stat list.

Keith Traylor- I think he was one fo the major reasons for the Ds success. He takes up two blockers so guys like Thomas can make the tackle. He will stay another year and some of those other old D linemen will go.

Sam Madison- I thought this was a sure thing before he kicked it up a notch at the end of the season, but still one of the more likely possabilities.

Marty Booker- He is going to stay.

Guys such as Boston, Seau, Frerotte- Wouldn't be able to get much if anything for them.

Draft Picks- I think Saban is going to want to use his knowledge of college players to the fullest by keeping as many picks as possible.

RalphX19X said:
Patrick Ramsey, Aaron Brooks, Joey Harrington.

There is not one player on this team that I would give up for any of them.. The only guy that we would have a shot at on that list is McNair and I wouldn't give anything more than a third that we would get for ricky for McNair.

So I think if we try to trade Ricky for a third, and then use that for McNair, that is doable, otherwise, I think we keep Gus and draft someone in the second or third round and MAKE them work..

i dont like the thought of trading Ricky, he has better chemestry with the team now and if ronnie gets hurt we have no solid runner other that morris.

MiamiFan1354 said:
There is not one player on this team that I would give up for any of them.. The only guy that we would have a shot at on that list is McNair and I wouldn't give anything more than a third that we would get for ricky for McNair.

So I think if we try to trade Ricky for a third, and then use that for McNair, that is doable, otherwise, I think we keep Gus and draft someone in the second or third round and MAKE them work..
They will prob. be cut or released.

dont 4get about billy volek, matt schaub, maybe david carr( doubtful), and (hurting) joey harrington.

dolfan348454999 said:
Phillip Rivers- I think he would fit well into the team, but I don't think Saban will be willing to give up what their asking for him.

Can we end this Phillip Rivers talk please? First of all, it's been reported that Miami has scouted him, and they do not like his arm. Miami likes a vertical game. Rivers isn't that QB.

Secondly, the Chargers can afford to keep both QB's this year, and with Brees having a torn labrum, they probably have no choice but to keep him as an insurance policy.

Ill say it again...

For the money....Id go with Josh Mcown....he throws a beautiful deep ball..strong arm...can move and throw on the run...and most important..

UFA. No trade needed to pick him up and give him a shot.

If Ricky stays, Ronnie Brown will be the back up runningback next year.........

My top 3 via Trade:
1. Patrick Ramsey
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Matt Schaub

My top 3 via Free Agency:
1. Steve McNair (if released)
2. John Kitna
3. Josh McCown

My top 3 via NFL Draft:
1. Vince Young (via trade up)
2. Jay Cutler (#16 overall)
3. Brodie Croyle (2nd/3rd round)

Miami's next QB should be one Jon Kitna. I have been preaching the Kitna plus a mid-round rookie for him to groom for months now, and what he is doing in this playoff game right now just emphasizes how good a call that would be for Miami. He might only be a 3-4 year answer, but he'd transform this often sputtering offense into something special during that time.

Man, you missed John Kitna. He's the guy I'd like to bring in as the starter for the next couple of years while we groom a Rook. Kitna has a good arm, pretty smart, and he can move around a little bitI I think he'd be a nice fit and a good upgrade over Gus

Jimmy James said:
Miami's next QB should be one Jon Kitna. I have been preaching the Kitna plus a mid-round rookie for him to groom for months now, and what he is doing in this playoff game right now just emphasizes how good a call that would be for Miami. He might only be a 3-4 year answer, but he'd transform this often sputtering offense into something special during that time.
I agree.

1. John Kitna
2. Gus Frerrotte
3. Jay Cutler

Even if we signed Kitna, I still wouldn't pass up Jay Cutler unless Michael Huff was there. If not, then I'd look at Brodie Croyle, Marcus Vick, and a few others a bit later on.

Blueprint said:
I agree.

1. John Kitna
2. Gus Frerrotte
3. Jay Cutler

Even if we signed Kitna, I still wouldn't pass up Jay Cutler unless Michael Huff was there. If not, then I'd look at Brodie Croyle, Marcus Vick, and a few others a bit later on.

I am really pulling for Kitna/Rosenfels/Croyle.

Back
Top Bottom