List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

gus' 1 TD and 5 INT's came in the first 3 games. kitna's first 3 games he had 1 TD 7 INT's. explain.

?

Can you explain what you're talking about here? I'm sure I'm reading it out of context, but reading back I can't figure out what first three games you're talking about.

nopony said:
?

Can you explain what you're talking about here? I'm sure I'm reading it out of context, but reading back I can't figure out what first three games you're talking about.

the 2002 bengals season, in which kitna completely outplayed gus and had the complete confidence of the team by leading them to a 2 win season. they had so much confidence in him they decided to draft carson palmer.

LightsOut said:
the 2002 bengals season, in which kitna completely outplayed gus and had the complete confidence of the team by leading them to a 2 win season. they had so much confidence in him they decided to draft carson palmer.

You're talking about the year when everyone was convinced that the 'Canes could beat the Bengals. That really undermines your sad attempt at sarcasm. 2 wins with that terrible team was an accomplishment, and it was all too apparent that Gus was not equipped to come close to that.

2002?

Kitna was light years better than Gus that year. He even had a decent year. But, to that point, you have to understand that Kitna had never really showed a lot. It wasn't unreasonable at all to draft Palmer.

That said, Kitna had a pretty good year and a really solid year in 2003.

I don't think Kitna is all that and a bag of Fritos, but he would be an improvement over Gus, that's for sure.

nopony said:
I don't think Kitna is all that and a bag of Fritos, but he would be an improvement over Gus, that's for sure.

That is definitely my position as well, which is why I pointed out that he's not the sort of QB who can have the game on his shoulders like the top 5 or 6 guys in the league are. He is no Dan Marino, but the point is that he's better than anyone who has come after Dan.

Phantom said:
If Ricky stays, Ronnie Brown will be the back up runningback next year.........
Not a chance!!!! Ronnie IS and WILL be this teams future. RW is will be here for 1 more year because of his low salary and then be shipped out via trade or out right release. I still say the damage he caused by walking out on his teammates can't be repaired. So for you people that started the trade Ronnie because we have RW crap, think about what would happen to this team if he walked out for a 2nd time after trading Brown.:fire: :shakeno:

MiamiFan1354 said:
There is not one player on this team that I would give up for any of them.. The only guy that we would have a shot at on that list is McNair and I wouldn't give anything more than a third that we would get for ricky for McNair.

So I think if we try to trade Ricky for a third, and then use that for McNair, that is doable, otherwise, I think we keep Gus and draft someone in the second or third round and MAKE them work..

McNair is old and brittle. You don't give up picks for players that age.

Jimmy James said:
That is definitely my position as well, which is why I pointed out that he's not the sort of QB who can have the game on his shoulders like the top 5 or 6 guys in the league are. He is no Dan Marino, but the point is that he's better than anyone who has come after Dan.

Kitna=Frerotte=mediocrity

My scenarios

Best possible thing...........Getting Cutler at #16, with Steve McNair as a 2 year mentor

2nd Scenario..................Josh McCown as a free agent, take Omar Jacobs in 2nd round (if there) Marcus Vick in 3rd if Jacobs is gone in 2nd. (Vick is worth a 3rd, heathen or not)

3rd Scenario..................Find Ryan Leaf, ask him to be our starter, Find Heath Shuler to be our 2nd stringer, and beg Akili Smith to be the number 3 we so desperately will need behing Leaf and Shuler.

Back
Top Bottom