List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

ohiohurricane said:
Trust me, say NO to Kitna...He is a decent qb, but always makes 1 or 2 terrible plays that will kill your team.

Frerotte makes dozens of bad plays per game. Whats easier to overcome 1-2 plays or many many more, and Frerotte is making these mistakes with a better supporting cast then Kitna had for most of his career.

FemaleFinFan said:
Thats exaclty how I feel about getting older vets. If we get a vet, I want someone who we can have for the long run like Simms. But I do not want a vet who will only be here 2-3 years, learning a new system, while teaching a rookie. Thats what Gus can do as he already knows the system.
Good post.

There is a very good chance that Linehan is going to leave and that system is going to change. You'll be teaching both QBs anyway.

Jimmy James said:
If it's really so tough to learn Linehan's system that we cannot possibly teach it to two QBs over an entire offseason, it makes me question why it is Miami wants to continue with that system.

I'm just not convinced that all the growing pains that will occur with learning a new system can be overcome by the teacher (older vet) and learner (younger rookie) in 7 months. Just not convinced. But I'm not a coach. Just my opine.

dolfan348454999 said:
I don't think you do. He was giving stats that looked beyond just numbers and looked at the numbers that really counted. You were giving a couple of stats out of context that sounded nice.

gus' 1 TD and 5 INT's came in the first 3 games. kitna's first 3 games he had 1 TD 7 INT's. explain.

FemaleFinFan said:
I'm just not convinced that all the growing pains that will occur with learning a new system can be overcome by the teacher (older vet) and learner (younger rookie) in 7 months. Just not convinced. But I'm not a coach. Just my opine.

That actually wasn't any sort of attack on the opinion. I have considered that perhaps Linehan's system is tough to learn. If it was at all informed by Billick's system, it certainly is.

dolfan348454999 said:
There is a very good chance that Linehan is going to leave and that system is going to change. You'll be teaching both QBs anyway.

That is a possiblilty. But he hasn't yet. I'm basing my opinions on what the status of the team is today. If he leaves, my opinion will change based on who the new coordinater is. I don't try to predict the future, I base my opinions on the present. Presently, he's with the team

Jimmy James said:
It's not a matter of him being rushed into the limelight -- it's the truth that aside from some meaningless time last week, Kitna hasn't seen the field. Despite that, he looked sharp.

You can't blame Jon because he couldn't keep the team motivated in light of stunningly bad news of this sort. For one, he has NOTHING to do with the defense or special teams. For another, there are coaches who are responsible for team leadership as well. Finally, Jon cannot be a leader of this team -- it would totally undermine Carson Palmer to have the backup QB so involved. The other team leaders besides Palmer were the ones who failed to keep the team up if anybody failed. I would expect one of those guys to be Chad Johnson and another to be Rudi Johnson, knowing what I do about that team.

Did you watch the game? There was no reason to believe anything of the sort. Kitna played lights out until the news came about Palmer's ACL and MCL.

You need to take a look at those 2002 Bengals, as does anyone who believes that Kitna isn't a big improvement over Gus.

There you go again...more excuses. He's been a starter, for pete sake...he he knows what it takes, and with his experience, should have been able to adjust...we are not talking about Feeley or Lemon...we are talking about a guy with years of experience.

And the news at halftime...what is that supposed to mean...so, are you saying he was "hoping" Palmer would come back to save his *** from further embarrasement. You get past these things...all good signs of why this guy does not belong in Miami.

Look, if you are a Kitna fan, then good for you. Improve with a proven winner, not another half *** backup looking for a place to start...we did that already, right, with Gus...so, why do it again ??

oldfinfan said:
And the news at halftime...what is that supposed to mean...so, are you saying he was "hoping" Palmer would come back to save his *** from further embarrasement.

I'm talking about the news that the team got due to the on-site MRI machine they built into Paul Brown Stadium that Carson Palmer tore his ACL and MCL. Imagine if you will that Dan Marino in his prime had that happen in the first playoff game Miami had seen in a bazillion years. Maybe it would be easier to imagine this with Jay Cutler at this point, but you get the point. It's the most devastating injury news a team could get this side of a death or paralysis.

It's clear you're ignorant of the status of the game going in to halftime. The Bengals had a lead and looked damned good at halftime. The defense did let the Steelers score one too many TDs, but that D has been sort of questionable all year. There was no embarrassment at all for Kitna at that point. Your bile toward Kitna is obvious, and I think everyone here will see it for what it is now.

Finally, it was apparent well before halftime that Palmer wasn't coming back. Could you get more facts wrong if you tried? :rolleyes2

After tonights game... no one here can tell me that Kitna is barely a better player than Gus... Maybe it was just the 3rd and 4th quarter that I watched... but he looked horrible and deffinitely not worth all the time and effort to "upgrade"...

Jimmy James said:
I'm talking about the news that the team got due to the on-site MRI machine they built into Paul Brown Stadium that Carson Palmer tore his ACL and MCL. Imagine if you will that Dan Marino in his prime had that happen in the first playoff game Miami had seen in a bazillion years. Maybe it would be easier to imagine this with Jay Cutler at this point, but you get the point. It's the most devastating injury news a team could get this side of a death or paralysis.

It's clear you're ignorant of the status of the game going in to halftime. The Bengals had a lead and looked damned good at halftime. The defense did let the Steelers score one too many TDs, but that D has been sort of questionable all year. There was no embarrassment at all for Kitna at that point. Your bile toward Kitna is obvious, and I think everyone here will see it for what it is now.

Finally, it was apparent well before halftime that Palmer wasn't coming back. Could you get more facts wrong if you tried? :rolleyes2

So, what's your point this time around...Just more excuses. You are consistent with one thing..you are full of them.

Its not MY bile...Unlike you, I am trully looking at this from only one perspective...Is Kitna right for Miami ? Read the other posts, and you will see that I am not alone in saying NO, NO, NO, NO...

Keep your "ignorant" comments to yourself...or, everyone here will see you for what you are...

What are you ??

No to Kitna. No to McNair. Culpepper wont be ours to get. Same with Carr. We dont want Rivers or Harrington.

To me, it looks like we hold onto Lemon, Frerotte restructures, and we grab Omar Jacobs or Coyle in the draft to groom. Unless we give up a LOT, we wont be in position to grab Cutler. People are saying he will go near the 10th pick now.

NewEra13 said:
After tonights game... no one here can tell me that Kitna is barely a better player than Gus... Maybe it was just the 3rd and 4th quarter that I watched... but he looked horrible and deffinitely not worth all the time and effort to "upgrade"...

Right, because it was Kitna's fault that the long snapper BLEW the entire game, screwing up Cincy's first possession of the half. It was similarly his fault that the Cincy D gave up the ghost so easily on those two TDs.

Kitna must have been blocking for himself on the two plays in the series between then when Foote sacked him and Kitna had to run for his life (AKA the play he fumbled on).

I will agree that Jon didn't have a good 4th quarter, but he was put in that bad situation by the rest of his team.

Even if that was the only time you ever saw Kitna play, I cannot imagine how you could see Gus as his equal, much less his superior.

LightsOut said:
gus' 1 TD and 5 INT's came in the first 3 games. kitna's first 3 games he had 1 TD 7 INT's. explain.

feel free to respond to that jimmy.

maybe if gus had played as much as kitna he would have done as well. i know 16 TD's 16 INT's is hard to match and 2 wins is very impressive but i wouldn't count gus out.

oldfinfan said:
Its not MY bile...

Okay, then -- what is causing you to be FACTUALLY WRONG if it isn't bile? Tell me what Kitna had to be embarrassed about at halftime. I *dare* you.

Unlike you, I am trully looking at this from only one perspective...Is Kitna right for Miami ? Read the other posts, and you will see that I am not alone in saying NO, NO, NO, NO...

Ooh, congratulations. You're taking comfort in the comments of a bunch of people who would turn up their noses at Brett Favre in his prime because he isn't as good as Marino and wasn't a QB Miami drafted in the first round. Have you posted here before today? I see your post count, but it doesn't add up with the way you're behaving.

The only thing I care about is who is right for this Dolphins team. I'd accept anybody short of Satan himself behind center for a Dolphins Super Bowl victory. I'm not the one getting things wrong, though.

Keep your "ignorant" comments to yourself...or, everyone here will see you for what you are...

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I have been here a DAMNED long time. I'm one of the few who went on record immediately after the Carey trade up debacle to blast it. Anybody who cares to have an opinion of me has it. Anyway, none of that excuses your IGNORANCE, nor will it prevent me from calling a spade a spade.

LightsOut said:
feel free to respond to that jimmy.

maybe if gus had played as much as kitna he would have done as well. i know 16 TD's 16 INT's is hard to match and 2 wins is very impressive but i wouldn't count gus out.

Here's my response: Kitna had the confidence of that team and earned the playing time that Gus did not. Don't make me embarrass you by engaging in the type of cherry picking that you have made your hallmark. That isn't a good way to get a good rep around here, btw. There are a lot of smart folks around here who know to look deeper.

Back
Top Bottom