List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

Jimmy James said:
I am really pulling for Kitna/Croyle.
Yeah, I think we'd be pretty good with that, especially if we can steal Michael Huff in the first.

Yeh..give Croyle some time to learn the NFL....I guess the guy has a pure cannon...is that true?

vt_dolfan said:
Yeh..give Croyle some time to learn the NFL....I guess the guy has a pure cannon...is that true?

If Mike Shula were more conservative about pulling players out of games with a lead, I think Croyle would probably be a 1st round pick. Shula got Croyle hurt and got Prothro hurt (which sank Alabama's season this year in combination with other WR injuries that left Croyle with nobody to throw to).

Ramsey will be cut and a good fit. tough. strong arm. has not gotten a shot under gibbs.

fish1 said:
Ramsey will be cut and a good fit. tough. strong arm. has not gotten a shot under gibbs.

Ramsey wouldn't be a bad free agent pick up if Miami can't get Kitna, but somebody needs to teach him to thow the ball away. Spending time with Spurrier and Rob Johnson screwed that kid up a little bit.

How about trade scenarios?

Ricky for Culpepper

(somebody posted) ricky for a third, then that third for McNair

This years second and next years first for Phillip Rivers

dolfan348454999 said:
What are guys like Ramsey and Harrington worth?

I'm guessing Kitna would be expensive

I don't care if Kitna is expensive. He'd be money well spent.

Unfortunately, I worry that the Bengals will convince him to stay for one more year in light of the Palmer ACL news. Kitna has huge loyalty to that organization, and it will be a struggle for him to choose between leaving to be a starter elsewhere and helping them out with a serious bind.

dolfan348454999 said:
How about trade scenarios?

Ricky for Culpepper

(somebody posted) ricky for a third, then that third for McNair

This years second and next years first for Phillip Rivers

:shakeno:
I do not want to give up any more picks for QB's. Trust Saban and Mueller to do the right thing.

outlawd2u said:
Man, you missed John Kitna. He's the guy I'd like to bring in as the starter for the next couple of years while we groom a Rook. Kitna has a good arm, pretty smart, and he can move around a little bitI I think he'd be a nice fit and a good upgrade over Gus

Sorry, I ment to putt him on. I agree.

FemaleFinFan said:
Am I the only one who thinks McNair is past his prime? No way to McNair!

You don't think he has one year left in him were we can get a young guy to were he needs to be.

dolfan348454999 said:
You don't think he has one year left in him were we can get a young to were he needs to be.

Ferrotte can't do the same thing? He's only 2 years older than McNair and already knows the system.

Updated

John Kitna- Wasn't long ago he was the comeback player of the year. Very likely. Depend on what they are asking for him.

Phillip Rivers- I think he would fit well into the team, but I don't think Saban will be willing to give up what their asking for him. Unlikely.

Patrick Ramsey-He would be a good choice, but far from a sure thing. Maybe have him and another QB fight for starting spot.

Drew Bree- Most likely going to be the man in San Diego. Also same problem as Rivers.

Brett Farve- Not likely, agent has said Green Bay or retirement.

Joey Harrington- I don't like Harrington much. He has recently gotten many weapons around him and has yet to preform to his expectations. I'm not sure he could win the starting job. I would think about bringing him in for second string and give him a chance to become starter.

Billy Volek- May be availble if Titans draft young and keep McNair. He is 30 years old so he is not a long term solution.

Aaron Brooks- Big potential, but too inconsistant. I wouldn't give up too much for him.

Matt Schaub- Falcons may want to keep him with injury prone Vick. Also their asking price may be very high.

Josh McCowm-Free agent, so don't need to trade for him and doesn't hurt salary cap to much.

McNair- I think he is one of the more likly choices. The Titans are going to have a shot at Lienhart or Young and probubly will take one. They also have bad salary cap problems and are in total rebuilding mode. I would like to see us get McNair and a young guy in the draft.

Daunte Culpepper- I think he is very overrated. He will want to much many and would have to give up allot to get him.

Tim Couch- I think he is worth a try putting him at third or fourth string and see if he makes it through training camp.

David Carr- The Texans are going to go with Bush and keep Carr as their QB.

Gus Frerotte- May stay in Miami another year to as they groom a young guy.

Sage Rosenfels- I think he is going to go elsewhere in an attempt to fight for a starting job. I would like to see him stay, but don't think he fits into Sabans plan but who really knows.

Cleo Lemon - I think he is going to get a chance to stay in miami as the third stringer, but will never get any higher then second string over his career.

Back
Top Bottom