List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

FemaleFinFan said:
Ferrotte can't do the same thing? He's only 2 years older than McNair and already knows the system.

McNair was an MVP. What has Frerotte ever done? If McNair can opperate at half speed I'll still take him over Frerotte. I'd prefer McNair, but I think Frerotte is more likely.

Jimmy James said:
Miami's next QB should be one Jon Kitna. I have been preaching the Kitna plus a mid-round rookie for him to groom for months now, and what he is doing in this playoff game right now just emphasizes how good a call that would be for Miami. He might only be a 3-4 year answer, but he'd transform this often sputtering offense into something special during that time.

Could be. Kitna is a guy that has ties to GM Randy Mueller from their days in Seattle.

dolfan348454999 said:
McNair was an MVP. What has Frerotte ever done? If McNair can opperate at half speed I'll still take him over Frerotte. I'd prefer McNair, but I think Frerotte is more likely.

Was an MVP. He hasn't played close to MVP potential in the past 2 years.
I'm not suggesting Frerotte is the future. I'm not even implying that he's done much. However, after the past 2 seasons McNair has had, I'd be much happier keeping him for a year or two to teach a drafted rookie than McNair.

FemaleFinFan said:
Was an MVP. He hasn't played close to MVP potential in the past 2 years.
I'm not suggesting Frerotte is the future. I'm not even implying that he's done much. However, after the past 2 seasons McNair has had, I'd be much happier keeping him for a year or two to teach a drafted rookie than McNair.

I disagree. McNair hasn't had much to work with lately. I'm not saying he will perform to MVP standards, but I think if he can stay healthy he would have a better year then Frerotte. As I said before, it isn't likely. Also once an MVP always an MVP. Once your MVP your made legendary. Thats not something you loss after two bad seasons.

dolfan348454999 said:
I'm trying to make a list of possible QB that the dolphins could get before the draft and things we could trade for them. So any that I miss feel free to add on. I know many on the list are crazy, but just go with it.

Phillip Rivers- I think he would fit well into the team, but I don't think Saban will be willing to give up what their asking for him.

Drew Bree- Most likely going to be the man in San Diego. Also same problem as Rivers.

Brett Farve- Not likely, agent has said Green Bay or retirement.

McNair- I think he is one of the more likly choices. The Titans are going to have a shot at Lienhart or Young and probubly will take one. They also have bad salary cap problems and are in total rebuilding mode. I would like to see us get McNair and a young guy in the draft.

Daunte Culpepper- I think he is very overrated. He will want to much many and would have to give up allot to get him.

Tim Couch- I think he is worth a try putting him at third or fourth string and see if he makes it through training camp.

David Carr- The Texans are going to go with Bush and keep Carr as their QB.

Gus Frerotte- May stay in Miami another year to as they groom a young guy.

Sage Rosenfels- I think he is going to go elsewhere in an attempt to fight for a starting job. I would like to see him stay, but don't think he fits into Sabans plan but who really knows.

Cleo Lemon - I think he is going to get a chance to stay in miami as the third stringer, but will never get any higher then second string over his career.

Trade Bait

Ronnie Brown- HaHa, why are people talking about this?

Ricky Williams- I'm not sure what Saban is going to do with him. I would like to see him stay for one more year, because his trade value is not high enough yet and I like seeing him and Ronnie work together. Yet, if we can get a deal for him I don't think we would miss him to much.

Jason Taylor- Again it is pretty far out, but more Likely then the Ronnie Brown Trade. We do have some depth at D line, but if you take Taylor out of this NFL sack leading team they will become a team near the bottom of that stat list.

Keith Traylor- I think he was one fo the major reasons for the Ds success. He takes up two blockers so guys like Thomas can make the tackle. He will stay another year and some of those other old D linemen will go.

Sam Madison- I thought this was a sure thing before he kicked it up a notch at the end of the season, but still one of the more likely possabilities.

Marty Booker- He is going to stay.

Guys such as Boston, Seau, Frerotte- Wouldn't be able to get much if anything for them.

Draft Picks- I think Saban is going to want to use his knowledge of college players to the fullest by keeping as many picks as possible.

Bring McNair in (improvement over Frerotte), and draft one, or sign a FA (everyone seems to be high on McCown). This way, you have some security just in case the draft pick or the FA bomb. If it works out, you still don't put that much pressure on the young QB to deliver right away. I don't think Saban will give the reins to an "unproven" QB...We want to improve form this year's record !!

Blueprint said:
My top 3 via Trade:
1. Patrick Ramsey
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Matt Schaub

My top 3 via Free Agency:
1. Steve McNair (if released)
2. John Kitna
3. Josh McCown

My top 3 via NFL Draft:
1. Vince Young (via trade up)
2. Jay Cutler (#16 overall)
3. Brodie Croyle (2nd/3rd round)

I like your post. Well done.

dolfan348454999 said:
I hope Kitnas so-so play makes it more likely for us to get him.

I wouldn't call his play so-so. He stepped in as a rusty backup to do great things for the Bengals. He proved that you can't put the game on his shoulders, but there are probably only 5 QBs in the league at any given moment who can bear that weight.

My Blueprint if we can't get Kitna, Brees, or Carr

String
1. McNair, Culpepper, or Frerotte (if we can't make something happen)

2. Draft Pick, Joey Harrington, Matt Schaub or Josh McCown

3. Cleo Lemon

4. Maybe give Tim Couch a chance here during training camp to make the team

dolfan348454999 said:
My Blueprint if we can't get Kitna, Brees, or Carr

String
1. McNair, Culpepper, or Frerotte if we can't make something happen

2. Draft Pick, Joey Harrington, Matt Schaub or Josh McCown

3. Cleo Lemon

4. Maybe give Tim Couch a chance here during training camp to make the team

I pretty much hate your plan. Here is why:

You're listing a draft pick as the backup, which is precisely where he needs not be.

You're listing Schaub as a backup, which is precisely where he won't be if any team trades for him.

I'm horrified at the prospects of relying on a QB out of gas, a running QB whose knee is wrecked, or Gus without a very compelling backup plan.

That's my $.02

dolfan348454999 said:
Do you think if he was put in a starting role he could produce, because I do.

Absolutely. I'm a big Kitna proponent. My point is just that you get him knowing he isn't:

Peyton Manning
Carson Palmer
Tom Brady
Donovan McNabb
Brett Favre

kitna looked pretty weak against a mediocre steeler secondary.

i'd like mcnair... i heard chris mortensen say the phins are interested in chris simms.... from what i saw yesterday, i liked him... not his fault that receiver can't catch.

His Dudeness said:
kitna looked pretty weak against a mediocre steeler secondary.

i'd like mcnair... i heard chris mortensen say the phins are interested in chris simms.... from what i saw yesterday, i liked him... not his fault that receiver can't catch.

If we get Simms, its not as a stopgap measure...Chris would be the "QB of the future"

Back
Top Bottom