List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

List of QB "possibilieties"/Trade bait for them

Jimmy James said:
He may be older than McNair, but he hasn't been through the abuse McNair has been through. Would you rather have a 2003 car with 250,000 miles on it or a 2000 model with 90,000 on it?

Good point

dolfan348454999 said:
This would be were I think they would start before training camp and everything. I doubt a draft pick will start the first game and the "out of gas QB" would only be starter till the rookie is ready. If we got Schaub I think he would probubly beat out the other before the season was started. I should have putt before training camp.

My point with the draft pick QB was that he should be #3 on the depth chart all through his first season, not that I think he should be the starter. That goes for any QB taken anywhere in the draft.

dolfan348454999 said:
when you putt him with the first string at practice and let him get into a groove over a couple games it wont be so-so. what do you expect from somebody who is just thrown into a playoff game.

I just thought it was funny that someone would want a qb whose play they described as so-so!:lol:

i disagree... i believe if mcnair is on a good team, he can play atleast another 3-4 years... fine, he missed what one game this year? i'll take a mcnair that starts 14 games every year...

oldfinfan said:
Right on...He sucked against the Steelers...did you see him scramble and fumble the ball without anyone touching him ? Kitna would be no more than a b/u to Gus. We want a replacement !!

He was rushed into the spot light of national TV and the playoffs compared to Frerotte who play like that every week even while practicing with the first team.

His Dudeness said:
i disagree... i believe if mcnair is on a good team, he can play atleast another 3-4 years... fine, he missed what one game this year? i'll take a mcnair that starts 14 games every year...

I'm not sure about 4 years but maybe 2-3.

Jimmy James said:
You're quite apparently ignorant of the operative facts. Go look at what Kitna has done compared to Frerotte, and get back to us. Pay particular attention to the year they were on the same team.

they have the same exact QB rating and gus has a better td to int ratio. and gus made the probowl one year. and gus has a much better arm which is needed for this offense. those are the facts. kitna is garbage.

FemaleFinFan said:
I just thought it was funny that someone would want a qb whose play they described as so-so!:lol:

His play wasn't great or horrible, but it will be allot better with proper preperation.

McNair has played less than a full season 3 straight years and 4 of the last 6. He has been abused too much to be trusted. Signing him just about guarantees that your backup sees the field several times a year.

LightsOut said:
they have the same exact QB rating and gus has a better td to int ratio. and gus made the probowl one year. and gus has a much better arm which is needed for this offense. those are the facts. kitna is garbage.

:lol: please

McNair or Kitna would be nice (though neither may be let go...especially Kitna, Cincy is gonna make a huge push to keep him in light of the devastating injury to Palmer IMO) as a 2 yr or so solution while a draft pick such as Cutler or Croyle learns the game from the sidelines. A QB depth chart of McNair/Kitna - Frerrote - Cutler would be great I think.

Jimmy James said:
McNair has played less than a full season 3 straight years and 4 of the last 6. He has been abused too much to be trusted. Signing him just about guarantees that your backup sees the field several times a year.

McNair a majority of the season is better then Gus the whole season and Steve is known as one of the iron men of the league that don't miss a game unless it is a bad injury. Even so we would be getting McNair to start infront of a young guy and it wouldn't be horrible if the young guy got a game of two to show what hes got.

LightsOut said:

Gus isn't accurate enough or mobile enough for Linehan's preferred offense. Kitna is more accurate than Gus is, has FOUR 3000 yard seasons compared to ONE for Gus, and Gus has played for better teams on the whole than the ones Kitna has started for.

Let's look at 2002, when both were on the same team. You'd agree that it is the best way to compare the two, wouldn't you? There is no excuse making that somebody had better personnel or coaching that way. Anyway, here is the comparison:

Gus: 51.8% completion percentage, 437 yards, 5.1 yards per attempt, 1 TD, and 5 interceptions

Jon: 62.2% completion percentage, 3178 yards, 6.7 yards per attempt, 16 TD, and 16 interceptions

By ANY measure, Jon was the FAR SUPERIOR QB in Cincinnati in 2002. He would be the far superior QB in Miami in 2006 as well.

Back
Top Bottom