Locker Room Post Indy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room Post Indy

Dude Flo looks like he can lace them up and go play LB or something.

He has the chops and is building his own identity outside of NE. He embraced the struggle and is being rewarded by the effort the guys put forward. Don't get me wrong he needs more roster talent and will have to continue to prove he can do it when expectations are there but can't for even a second discount the effort and moxy he and is staff have shown.

From what I can tell he is the first BB assistant that doesn't have arrogance going into his job. And the first who is an actual head coach, sorry but never been a huge fan of the HC running one side of the ball. That leaves their focus off 66% of the team. I want a coach who preps the team gets the game plan ready then trust his staff to run game day.

Flo I salute you!

Dude Flo looks like he can lace them up and go play LB or something.

He has the chops and is building his own identity outside of NE. He embraced the struggle and is being rewarded by the effort the guys put forward. Don't get me wrong he needs more roster talent and will have to continue to prove he can do it when expectations are there but can't for even a second discount the effort and moxy he and is staff have shown.

From what I can tell he is the first BB assistant that doesn't have arrogance going into his job. And the first who is an actual head coach, sorry but never been a huge fan of the HC running one side of the ball. That leaves their focus off 66% of the team. I want a coach who preps the team gets the game plan ready then trust his staff to run game day.

Flo I salute you!
I agree w the “all sides of the ball” coach. Gase can suck it.

I agree w the “all sides of the ball” coach. Gase can suck it.

I mean that picture when he played us, he was on the bench doing God knows what not managing his team.

I will say this and it is solely my opinion. Great coaches don't have play sheets in their hands on game day at least not for the purposes of calling plays. Andy Reid is the exception but he may be the greatest architect and offensive play caller since Walsh. That dude has won with every QB he has played with. Correct me if I am wrong but BB, Carrol, Tomlin, Harbaugh don't carry sheets on game day.

Last edited:
I mean that picture when he played us, he was on the bench doing God knows what not managing his team.

I will say this and it is solely my opinion. Great coaches don't have play sheets in their hands on game day at least not for the purposes of calling plays. Andy Reid is the exception but he may be the greatest architect and offensive play caller since Walsh. That dude has wont with every QB he has played with. Correct me if I am wrong but BB, Carrol, Tomlin, Harbaugh don't carry sheets on game day.

When something isn't going right, I have seen plenty of TV shots of BB with a position group making adjustments while the game is going on. The difference with BB is: He does it for both sides of the ball, and he is doing it interactively with players. Gase, OTOH, sits on the bench and studies his sheet like it has all the answers.

I think if Gase was working with the O players to identify what they thought needed to be adjusted, it would not have the negative perception.

When something isn't going right, I have seen plenty of TV shots of BB with a position group making adjustments while the game is going on. The difference with BB is: He does it for both sides of the ball, and he is doing it interactively with players. Gase, OTOH, sits on the bench and studies his sheet like it has all the answers.

I think if Gase was working with the O players to identify what they thought needed to be adjusted, it would not have the negative perception.

That's a good point, but I think that delegation into direct input comes natural and Gase doesn't seem to have it. I think Ego is a big thing in sports and life and in a room of 53 alphas coaches try to buck up rather than lead. Flo is leaning in the direction of leading rather than trying to prove his way or his ideas work. Good to have the humility and sense of self.

I will say this and it is solely my opinion. Great coaches don't have play sheets in their hands on game day at least not for the purposes of calling plays. Andy Reid is the exception but he may be the greatest architect and offensive play caller since Walsh. That dude has wont with every QB he has played with. Correct me if I am wrong but BB, Carrol, Tomlin, Harbaugh don't carry sheets on game day.
They do not. And I can’t imagine those guys sitting on the bench and not paying attention to every single play regardless of the score or time. Reid is such an exception and not to ding him but the thing that keeps holding him back is defense in KC. They just aren’t that good on that side of the ball. Can you imagine Shula taking his eyes off of so much as a meaningless PAT? Or BB? Gase LOL.

Great stuff! Go with the Flo!

Shula never had anything on his hands when he coached. It was all in his head. Gase still sees himself as an OC instead of as a HC. That is why he's failing. He thinks his offense is the only thing that matters.

Shula never had anything on his hands when he coached. It was all in his head. Gase still sees himself as an OC instead of as a HC. That is why he's failing. He thinks his offense is the only thing that matters.
watch what you say man. he is gonna get his players in there next year an oooooh boy you don't wanna face that 2-14 team. not a team we should was with

Back
Top Bottom