Locker Room Post Indy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room Post Indy

Brian Flores or Raymond Holt? I can't tell which one has more emotion.

Gase still sits on the bench drawing pictures while his defense is getting pushed around. He is such a hard headed jerk that he doesn't get how bad the optics are of him sitting there while his D is out there being driven on. Meanwhile, Coach Flores, who is a real, bonafide football coach, unlike Gase, is out there intensely watching all aspects of the game. This guy has the fire and his players love him. Not everyone bought in so a few had to go but what remains is a tough, opportunistic rag tag bunch of guys who are having fun out there. These guys are a big part of the rebuild because there's plenty of keepers in this bunch. I love how unknown players are emerging by virtue of their excellent play. It's really fun to see guys like Needham, Jenkins, Eguavoen, Webster and Parker step up to help us win a tough game on the road.

2 wins is all it takes to feel good about a coaching staff that still has so much to prove.

When the team starts losing again, maybe the fan base will come back down to Earth.
Not really. The progress has shown over the last few weeks and now resulted in a couple of wins. Nobody says or expects to win every game from here on out but it is nice to see a coaching staff who can upcoach a team.

Not really. The progress has shown over the last few weeks and now resulted in a couple of wins. Nobody says or expects to win every game from here on out but it is nice to see a coaching staff who can upcoach a team.
Every week a player makes a play and I have no idea who he is or how he ended up on the roster and this staff has managed to get him to a point to play with the rest of the group.

Add in the fact that this team is constantly evolving and we have the least penalties.

Yeah, I'm buying into this staff...it may be to my disappointment in the future, but right now, they seem like the real deal.

Gase still sits on the bench drawing pictures while his defense is getting pushed around. He is such a hard headed jerk that he doesn't get how bad the optics are of him sitting there while his D is out there being driven on. Meanwhile, Coach Flores, who is a real, bonafide football coach, unlike Gase, is out there intensely watching all aspects of the game. This guy has the fire and his players love him. Not everyone bought in so a few had to go but what remains is a tough, opportunistic rag tag bunch of guys who are having fun out there. These guys are a big part of the rebuild because there's plenty of keepers in this bunch. I love how unknown players are emerging by virtue of their excellent play. It's really fun to see guys like Needham, Jenkins, Eguavoen, Webster and Parker step up to help us win a tough game on the road.

I like his ability to balance emotion and being a stoic leader

So lets say the cards fall right and we get #1 and take the sure fire top QB prospect, and he bombs!!!! What will your statement be then, oh well at least we tried?

You never know how guys will develop, but i can tell you the decision is far more informed and guided if you have a good/great (not ready to say great but leaning that way) coaching staff and culture established. Especially if that allows for the guy to come in and grow and not be expected to save the world right away.

Look at the young guys who have had success...

Mahomes - great FO, all time great HC, sat for a year under a real hard working PRO then got handed the best set of offensive skill players and a great play caller. Yeah sounds like he would have been this good out of the gate (that statement is sarcasm btw) he was set up for success.

Jackson - Great coach Great FO (OH WOW A THEME) established culture, learned behind an established pro and was put into an offense that was catered to his skill set. SET UP FOR SUCCESS

Waston - Good HC who had proven his worth, sat behind a guy for a few games took over but wasn't asked to win game right away. That defense was really good and they have always tried to run the ball consistently it wasnt put on his shoulders

Wilson - Great HC Great FO, and best defense since the early 2000's Ravens plus beast mode in the backfield. All he had to do the first 3 years was not be stupid and they would win. But he grew and pushed the staff to give him more of a role in the games

Rogers - Good coach good FO sat for years

Jimmy G - Great coach Great FO, sat behind a Brady for YEARS. actually still isnt asked to win but maybe 2 or 3 times a year

Rivers - At the time great coach great FO and sat behind Brees for years

and the list goes on....

Lets look at guys who seem to be asked to win right away and be THE GUY

Darnold (#3 pick and was considered the top QB prospect) - garbage coach and FO no skill players and is asked to save the day for an organization who thinks they are playoff bound every year (No Culture other than being bad)

Mayfield (#1 pick BABY) - coach over his head and garbage FO who traded away their best o linemen to get more defense how is that working out? asked to be the man and its not going well (No Culture other than being bad)

Murray - Jury is out, think the coach is super talented and building something but they have no expectations and he isnt being asked to win so while not ideal he is given time to grow in an odd way

Allen - HC is okay FO is okay i think their GM is a talented guy not a great culture and with the Jets being the Jets and Miami rebuilding they made the choice to go for it and make the playoffs. Dont see a lot of growth and Allen is so up and down may have been hurt by not being given the chance to get his feet under him properly

Are you seeing a theme?!?!? Having the number one pick doesn't mean SQUAT if you don't have other pieces in place. No QB will walk in and save this franchise, it is a key piece for sure but nobody walking out of the tunnel this Saturday is doing that without the coaching staff and front office building a culture and brand for the way they operate.

Get over this whole drafting number one thing and look at the whole picture...

Fired Tannebaum and brought in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen to assist the scouting and player personnel departments

Hired Brian Flores who is already complied a staff who has shown ability to find and develop players (I am excited to see AVG if he gets cleared with what this staff can do)

Got rid of the high paid under performing/outspoken/didnt want to be here players

Sounds like Miami is trying to build a strong culture where talent isnt the thing that ranks you inside the organization.

I would rather have a great coaching staff, a consistent FO and the number 5 pick than a FO who nobody believes in a coaching staff that went 0-16 and didnt develop players and the #1 pick all day every day
Great post

I would run through a wall for him! It looks like this cast from The Replacements would too. Losing is for losers!

Back
Top Bottom