LOL @ Jets | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

Of all the players the Jets released this off season, the only productive player from last year was David Harris. I personally am hoping that Hackenberg wins the starting job, this is a rebuilding season and we have to know if he can play.

So do we . . . so. do . we.

QSdWH.gif

Jets could surprise people this season and not be terrible. But I would definitely, definitely be surprised.

Quite frankly, that team looks utterly dreadful. Last season I felt like it would be the 49ers or the Browns competing for dead last in the NFL, and this season I think it's gonna be the Jets running away with it.

How many games are you going to get out of Josh McCown? 4? And the drop-off from McCown (a marginal starter on a good day) to Petty or Hack is like falling off the end of the world. You top that off with a very limited set of offensive weapons, questions on the OL, and a defense that is going to be heavily reliant on a couple of rookies to save the secondary from being the worst in the league, and yeah... they've got problems.

Oh, and Todd Bowles is a bad coach.

Todd Bowles had the perfect storm to have a very good first year, but I'm shocked at the lack of control he has over the locker room

Todd Bowles had the perfect storm to have a very good first year, but I'm shocked at the lack of control he has over the locker room

The only incident I recall is Geno Smith getting punched. Not exactly an "L" for a coach.

The Jets straight up quitting in the second half of multiple games in 2016. Sheldon Richardson's "**** this game, where the hoes at?" rant. Darrelle Revis showing up 20 pounds overweight and out of shape and Bowles just trotting him out there as a starter even as he was getting roasted and toasted nonstop, with no accountability at all. Bowles' bizarre, Philbinesque postgame press conferences in which he basically just admitted that he had no answers and didn't even seem to care.

I would say that he's lost control of everything. Bad situation. I'll be surprised if he's not fired mid-season.

The Jets straight up quitting in the second half of multiple games in 2016. Sheldon Richardson's "**** this game, where the hoes at?" rant. Darrelle Revis showing up 20 pounds overweight and out of shape and Bowles just trotting him out there as a starter even as he was getting roasted and toasted nonstop, with no accountability at all. Bowles' bizarre, Philbinesque postgame press conferences in which he basically just admitted that he had no answers and didn't even seem to care.

I would say that he's lost control of everything. Bad situation. I'll be surprised if he's not fired mid-season.

Well said. That's a sound argument.

Jets could surprise people this season and not be terrible. But I would definitely, definitely be surprised.

Quite frankly, that team looks utterly dreadful. Last season I felt like it would be the 49ers or the Browns competing for dead last in the NFL, and this season I think it's gonna be the Jets running away with it.

How many games are you going to get out of Josh McCown? 4? And the drop-off from McCown (a marginal starter on a good day) to Petty or Hack is like falling off the end of the world. You top that off with a very limited set of offensive weapons, questions on the OL, and a defense that is going to be heavily reliant on a couple of rookies to save the secondary from being the worst in the league, and yeah... they've got problems.

Oh, and Todd Bowles is a bad coach.

If people consider the Dolphins schedule to be brutal this year, how the hell can the Jets surprise anyone by not being terrible?

Back
Top Bottom