Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak

I'm onboard for everything except #6...

There's having experience and then there's having experience. I'm not convinced that Fitzpatrick's body of work amounts to the experience needed to mentor a possible franchise QB...BUT, It's time to trust Flores and co. until it's time not to.

How long has RF been in the league? How many schemes has he seen? How many offenses has he played in? He’d be a perfect mentor.

Last edited:
It’s going to be interesting watching some of these posters in here if they don’t select a qb in the 1st round. Especially most of the ones in this post....... Get your umbrellas ready people.....

If they don’t, it should be a trade down. How else do we acquire ammo for a move up next year?

Whatever they do, they’ve got my benefit of a doubt.

Still, I’m entitled to my useless opinions. I’m not thrilled about the signing unless it’s a QB at 13 or higher or a trade down.

Either way, I’m not going to lose my mind.

I'm onboard for everything except #6...

There's having experience and then there's having experience. I'm not convinced that Fitzpatrick's body of work amounts to the experience needed to mentor a possible franchise QB...BUT, It's time to trust Flores and co. until it's time not to.
Chris Chandler "mentored" Steve McNair and Michael Vick and Koy Detmer "mentored" Donovan McNabb.

There’s no betterment for the future with RF unless he’s mentoring this years drafted QB.

What is the front office declaring with this signing? “Hey, we want to be good enough to compete but not good enough to be a champion.”

Where is the growth there?

I think you’re spot on. It’ll be a QB in the draft. That move shows promise of growth.

I mean really... I’m starting Luke Falk if my goal is Tua in 2020.

Fitz runs hot and cold... but he can win as many as Tannehill... makes no sense to me if “Tank for Tua” is the plan.

If they don’t, it should be a trade down. How else do we acquire ammo for a move up next year?

Whatever they do, they’ve got my benefit of a doubt.

Still, I’m entitled to my useless opinions. I’m not thrilled about the signing unless it’s a QB at 13 or higher or a trade down.

Either way, I’m not going to lose my mind.

Yeah... I’m just reading the tea leaves using logic.

I watched Fitz tear it up in the beginning of last season... he can win and will win some games... Buc fans were loving him the first quarter of last year.

It’s going to be interesting watching some of these posters in here if they don’t select a qb in the 1st round. Especially most of the ones in this post....... Get your umbrellas ready people.....

No.. but give me your explanation for starting a QB capable of winning 5-8 games this year if your going QB next year?

I sure as hell cant predict the future. They could win 2 games they could win 10.
No.. but give me your explanation for starting a QB capable of winning 5-8 games this year if your going QB next year?
Any QB in this league is capable of winning 5-8 games this year, hell even Rudock or Falk.

I sure as hell cant predict the future. They could win 2 games they could win 10.

Any QB in this league is capable of winning 5-8 games this year, hell even Rudock or Falk.

Fitzpatrick is a safe bet to win more games than Falk or Rudock would... get real.

Did you watch him play last year?

He put 72 points on New Orleans and Philadelphia to start the season... completed 80% of his passes... 8 touchdowns to 1 interception.

What is this, miss the point week....lol

Truthfully Fitzpatrick playing or not playing is irrelevant.

Besides experience and potential help for the new guy, he will be a backup type QB. Damn it really doesn't even matter if he plays or never plays a down.

Talking like this, as if a legitimate part time starter is good enough or our non experienced QB's in the wings are better is halarious. Though his talent is easily more than adequate and maybe even very good as the #2 guy...

Theres probably a 1/2 doz. other guys that could of filled this spot but for his ability knowledge and price he's the one we got and truthfully its fine and no big deal and to have all these Oh wrong guy, or gee what did we just do etc etc....He's just not that so called critical to pretty much anything...lol

Maybe we signed him in case another team loses there starting QB before the season.maybe get a 4th for RF.

Yeah I just don't see it happening this year. I also hope it doesn't. Why waste 1 year of a rookie contract behind a crap line? Get the line and weapons there first then get the cheap guy to go for five years and see what he can do .

This is a good sign in that our FO is probably not idiotic enough to "Tank for Tua" or any such nonsense. Even if you look at the entire history of the league, there's very few top-5 QBs who turned out to be transcendent talents, compared with all the busts and not-so-greats, not to mention the greats who went later. It should be obvious that losing is not a good win to win, but here we are, still discussing it as if it could be a legitimate strategy.

Back
Top Bottom