Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look Up For The Plan Is There And Happening As We Speak

Or help us find the trade partner to move down. :cool

Too early for any predictions. The only thing I feel confident is that with the expectations at a very low level, we can maneuver any which way Flores and Grier deem appropriate.

The Plan is being played out and going over most everyones head.

The start

1. Showing the old clowns the door
2. Up and coming new Superbowl winning experience Head coach..(quality still to be determined)
3. Putting together a new staff with quality and experience sprinkled around. McKenzie, Caldwell,
4. Tannehill trade
5. Building our money supply (cap) for future use...One of McKenzies finer qualities.
6. Fitz with all his years of experience to help in the development of #7 and backup if necessary...
7. Murray, Lock, or Haskins, most likely in this years draft
8. Who knows but we are inline for an actual development to were losing is again the last option desired..

These are some of the early signs shown of the organizations plans and not lose to get the 2020 QB. Or find a real loser to QB this year. Or start the actual rebuild a year later....Hey I could be wrong but it makes a hell of a lot of sense

So far we are seeing some actual insight rarely seen the last 2 decades...with real future in mind
Will it be successful...who knows ? but it's refreshing to see the organization with an action rational plan

None of this suggests we are planning to take a QB this year but just the opposite

They do have a Qb who can take a hit they need 16 games from him and he is going to get crushed with this OL

While I also think they will make a move in the draft this year the two year signing could also include a draft move next year.

We still could go either way.

For sure... my point was Fitzpatrick’s career winning percentage puts us at 6-7 wins... which would be counter productive to acquiring Tua.

If next year was the definite goal for drafting QB I would be starting Falk... not another proven middle of the road QB who will be good enough to cost you a QB.

Something else to consider... there are a lot of teams with aging quarterbacks or mediocre quarterbacks that might decide to jump into the QB sweepstakes in 2020 if they don’t get one this year.....

New England
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Tennessee
Denver
San Diego
Oakland
Washington
Giants
Tampa
New Orleans

You never know how the draft will pan out - or what might fall in your lap ... but pending those circumstances, today, would guess that we are angling for a QB in 2020 ... unless Falk is a superstar in the making ...

For sure... my point was Fitzpatrick’s career winning percentage puts us at 6-7 wins... which would be counter productive to acquiring Tua.

If next year was the definite goal for drafting QB I would be starting Falk... not another proven middle of the road QB who will be good enough to cost you a QB.

Something else to consider... there are a lot of teams with aging quarterbacks or mediocre quarterbacks that might decide to jump into the QB sweepstakes in 2020 if they don’t get one this year.....

New England
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Tennessee
Denver
San Diego
Oakland
Washington
Giants
Tampa
New Orleans
What draft we are considering for a QB depends on if the Dolphins have identified a QB this year they may want to pursue.
There is no FO in the NFL who simply says "oh we'll skip our search for a QB this year and focus on next year's draft". That type of thinking is boner thinking for fans who live in a fairy tale. What if Tua decides to stay another year in college? What if he gets hurt? Or any of the other prospects?

If I look at Fitzpatrick I see a bridge QB and possible mentor. If I see Fitzpatrick I see a style of QB which is more fitting for a Lock or Haskins to be mentored rather than a Murray. Plus some teams have soured on Murray because of reports that he has a poor work ethic and has a rough time identifying defensive schemes.

I do agree with you: the Dolphins focus on this year's draft and next year's draft is more of a fallback.

The Plan is being played out and going over most everyones head.

The start

1. Showing the old clowns the door
2. Up and coming new Superbowl winning experience Head coach..(quality still to be determined)
3. Putting together a new staff with quality and experience sprinkled around. McKenzie, Caldwell,
4. Tannehill trade
5. Building our money supply (cap) for future use...One of McKenzies finer qualities.
6. Fitz with all his years of experience to help in the development of #7 and backup if necessary...
7. Murray, Lock, or Haskins, most likely in this years draft
8. Who knows but we are inline for an actual development to were losing is again the last option desired..

These are some of the early signs shown of the organizations plans and not lose to get the 2020 QB. Or find a real loser to QB this year. Or start the actual rebuild a year later....Hey I could be wrong but it makes a hell of a lot of sense

So far we are seeing some actual insight rarely seen the last 2 decades...with real future in mind
Will it be successful...who knows ? but it's refreshing to see the organization with an action rational plan
This isn't going over the heads of anyone who knows football and follows the team. Thanks for summing it up, but everyone on here pretty much knows what's going on. At least anyone who's paying attention, and yes, it is refreshing for a change . Join VIP, there's even more insightful and in-depth info in there.

What draft we are considering for a QB depends on if the Dolphins have identified a QB this year they may want to pursue.
There is no FO in the NFL who simply says "oh we'll skip our search for a QB this year and focus on next year's draft". That type of thinking is boner thinking for fans who live in a fairy tale. What if Tua decides to stay another year in college? What if he gets hurt? Or any of the other prospects?

If I look at Fitzpatrick I see a bridge QB and possible mentor. If I see Fitzpatrick I see a style of QB which is more fitting for a Lock or Haskins to be mentored rather than a Murray. Plus some teams have soured on Murray because of reports that he has a poor work ethic and has a rough time identifying defensive schemes.

I do agree with you: the Dolphins focus on this year's draft and next year's draft is more of a fallback.

Well said! I honestly have moved Lock to my QB1... I know many don’t see that... but this isn’t college football and I see a big time NFL QB in Drew Lock.

Why is everyone assuming having Fitzpatrick on this specific roster will net us 6-8 wins? Fitzpatrick 1st year starting 16 games was 2011 for the Bills in which they went 6-10 and had the 13th ranked rushing offense along with the 30th ranked defense. If we have a rushing attack that's in the top 13 I would expect to win at least 6 games, last year of the 13 top rushing offenses no team won fewer games than 6 with the exception of the 49ers who won 4.

In 2012 the Bills again won 6 games with Fitz at QB they were 6th in rushing offense that year paired with the 26th ranked defense.

In Houston for the 2014 season the Texans went 6-6 with Fitz at QB, they had the 7th best defense and 5th best rushing offense. There were 5 teams last year who had a top 10 rushing offense and top 10 defense they won 11, 11, 10, 10, and 9 games.

In the 2015 season the NYJ went 10-6 with Fitz at QB they had the 9th best defense and 10th best rushing offense.The following year with Fitz at QB the NYJ go 3-8 with the 28th ranked defense and 12th ranked rushing offense.

In the 2018 season he explodes for 2 games and then loses the next 5.

Last year we ranked 27th in defense and 18th in rushing offense and have since lost our best pass rusher and our leading rusher. We're going to have people adjusting to a new playbook, scheme, and coaches which I've heard takes a couple of in season weeks. If we somehow mange to win 6-7-8 games with this roster I think that's a testament to exceptional coaching more so than Fitz carrying a below average team which he has never done in his entire career.

Well said! I honestly have moved Lock to my QB1... I know many don’t see that... but this isn’t college football and I see a big time NFL QB in Drew Lock.
Haskins or Lock would be fine by me. Both have the talent, work ethic and brains to learn comprehensive and difficult NFL offensive and defensive schemes. Both are somewhat projects which need a year or two to take over which plays right into the signing philosophy of Fitzpatrick . Sitting behind him and with the two M&Ms (Marino and Moore) in the background it is the perfect situation for everybody.

Why is everyone assuming having Fitzpatrick on this specific roster will net us 6-8 wins? Fitzpatrick 1st year starting 16 games was 2011 for the Bills in which they went 6-10 and had the 13th ranked rushing offense along with the 30th ranked defense. If we have a rushing attack that's in the top 13 I would expect to win at least 6 games, last year of the 13 top rushing offenses no team won fewer games than 6 with the exception of the 49ers who won 4.

In 2012 the Bills again won 6 games with Fitz at QB they were 6th in rushing offense that year paired with the 26th ranked defense.

In Houston for the 2014 season the Texans went 6-6 with Fitz at QB, they had the 7th best defense and 5th best rushing offense. There were 5 teams last year who had a top 10 rushing offense and top 10 defense they won 11, 11, 10, 10, and 9 games.

In the 2015 season the NYJ went 10-6 with Fitz at QB they had the 9th best defense and 10th best rushing offense.The following year with Fitz at QB the NYJ go 3-8 with the 28th ranked defense and 12th ranked rushing offense.

In the 2018 season he explodes for 2 games and then loses the next 5.

Last year we ranked 27th in defense and 18th in rushing offense and have since lost our best pass rusher and our leading rusher. We're going to have people adjusting to a new playbook, scheme, and coaches which I've heard takes a couple of in season weeks. If we somehow mange to win 6-7-8 games with this roster I think that's a testament to exceptional coaching more so than Fitz carrying a below average team which he has never done in his entire career.
Absolutely right, I'd imagine most people are basing their assumption on the numbers he put up last year, numbers he achieved with far more offensive weapons yet while still going 2-5 as a starter. He's more likely to put a stat line like he did in 2016 for the Jets - 56% completion, 12 TD, 17 INT, 3-8 record as starter.

Back
Top Bottom