Looking Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking Back

eMCee85

Club Member
Reaction score
I am glad we got the waddle pick. Yes, at the time I was disappointed we traded back then traded back up and fell a couple of picks because I really did want chase. He is bigger and stronger. I mean he is still damn good but I am thankful we got Waddle. I don't know how to copy and paste the right format into this from my phone so I just copied the link for the comparison.

Either way they're both good!

Did Waddle really get 41 receptions of 20+ yards? Amazing if true.
Here is Hill v. Metcalf. Hill had 45 20+ yarders. Truly amazing

I am glad we got the waddle pick. Yes, at the time I was disappointed we traded back then traded back up and fell a couple of picks because I really did want chase. He is bigger and stronger. I mean he is still damn good but I am thankful we got Waddle. I don't know how to copy and paste the right format into this from my phone so I just copied the link for the comparison.

Either way they're both good!

I agree, and have to say though Chase is a more traditional #1 type receiver, and very dangerous in his own right, those stats to me prove Waddle to be the more dangerous receiver.

Also of what I have seen, Chase has pretty much reached his ceiling or very close, while Waddle is still growing. The muscle Waddle put on this off-season (Which I believe and hope he did the right way, so as to not effect his speed and athletic ability) will make him a much better and more dangerous reciever.

IMO all three of the WR options were excellent players. I don't believe Chase would have fit here nearly as well. Chase might actually be the best of the three WRs, but he wouldn't have produced as well here as he did in Cincy.

To me the choice was always between Waddle and Smith. Either one would have fit due to their ability to separate and familiarity with Tua. Smith has the better hands but Waddle had the "scare people" speed. I'm happy with the guy we picked, but I don't think either guy would have been a poor choice.

I wanted him back then. I'm glad he is much more than a "slot" WR. If Anderson (EZ?) can be what he was once was, I have no problem with a "Slot" WR, who is money or 3rd and short, but can take it to the house on any given play.

I agree, and have to say though Chase is a more traditional #1 type receiver, and very dangerous in his own right, those stats to me prove Waddle to be the more dangerous receiver.

Also of what I have seen, Chase has pretty much reached his ceiling or very close, while Waddle is still growing. The muscle Waddle put on this off-season (Which I believe and hope he did the right way, so as to not effect his speed and athletic ability) will make him a much better and more dangerous reciever.

I personally think Waddle is better than Chase. Chase cannot be the possession type receiver that Waddle was his rookie year. Waddle isn’t just dangerous, he’s also tough and he’s always open. I actually think Dotson in Washington can be a great WR too. McLaurin May have the better hands and make tougher catches but there’s no substitution for being open. Which Waddle has over any WR in the league IMO.

Back
Top Bottom