Looking Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking Back

No way while Jefferson is still playing. Chase has Higgins and Burrow. Smith has A J Brown and Hurts. J J has Cousins and has out performed all as the Lone Ranger.
True, Jefferson is a beast and by far the best WR. But if you factor in the impact on the whole entire team, I would say Hill is by far the best. I mean, our team was ligjtyears better when we picked up Hill. And Waddle compliments that perfectly

True, Jefferson is a beast and by far the best WR. But if you factor in the impact on the whole entire team, I would say Hill is by far the best. I mean, our team was ligjtyears better when we picked up Hill. And Waddle compliments that perfectly

As you say, with Waddle. J J pretty much flies solo.

I am glad we got the waddle pick. Yes, at the time I was disappointed we traded back then traded back up and fell a couple of picks because I really did want chase. He is bigger and stronger. I mean he is still damn good but I am thankful we got Waddle. I don't know how to copy and paste the right format into this from my phone so I just copied the link for the comparison.

Either way they're both good!
Waddle is a much better fit for Tua than Chase is. I felt that way at the time of the draft and nothing that’s happened since has changed my mind.

I thought Miami gave up too much at the time to get back up and draft Waddle. The Dolphins have spent a lot of draft capital on Hill and Waddle.

But, these players are mismatch nightmares. Achane might turn out to be as well.

That should keep defensive coordinators up at night trying to figure out ways to defend that kind of speed. One guy with elite speed is one thing. Two or three, combined with the accuracy and anticipation Tua has, and you've got a major challenge against Miami.

No way while Jefferson is still playing. Chase has Higgins and Burrow. Smith has A J Brown and Hurts. J J has Cousins and has out performed all as the Lone Ranger.
Yeah that guy is the best in the game right now IMO.

I thought Miami gave up too much at the time to get back up and draft Waddle. The Dolphins have spent a lot of draft capital on Hill and Waddle.

But, these players are mismatch nightmares. Achane might turn out to be as well.

That should keep defensive coordinators up at night trying to figure out ways to defend that kind of speed. One guy with elite speed is one thing. Two or three, combined with the accuracy and anticipation Tua has, and you've got a major challenge against Miami.
I think we’ve seen what coordinators can do if they have the right kind of personnel and that’s to play physical with them (as they are smaller guys) and disrupt the timing. Miami really didn’t respond well to this after teams started playing them that way - eager to see us make that harder to do / how we adjust this season.

I am glad we got the waddle pick. Yes, at the time I was disappointed we traded back then traded back up and fell a couple of picks because I really did want chase. He is bigger and stronger. I mean he is still damn good but I am thankful we got Waddle. I don't know how to copy and paste the right format into this from my phone so I just copied the link for the comparison.

Either way they're both good!
No ****
Tell us something we don’t know

I think we’ve seen what coordinators can do if they have the right kind of personnel and that’s to play physical with them (as they are smaller guys) and disrupt the timing. Miami really didn’t respond well to this after teams started playing them that way - eager to see us make that harder to do / how we adjust this season.
Spot on. I also thought the officials let defenses get away with a lot of holding on Hill and Waddle down the stretch. From the 49ers game on, really.

Of course, that's my perception.

JJ is the best right now.

If Miami doesn't desperation draft AJ, everything changes.

Chase and Waddle are right there.
The 2020 draft is hands down the biggest blemish on Grier’s GM resume. Could have a multitude of high impact players instead of Jackson, Iggy and Davis. Hunt was a reach where we took him, but I think we were afraid a team like the Ravens would take him before our next 2nd round pick.

They didn’t give anything up to get Waddle exactly. They moved up to get one of their guys and Waddle was the best one left. I am glad they did it. I felt the same way at the time. I see a huge drop off from Chase/Waddle to Devonta Smith even though the media seems to disagree. I think Waddle is better than Lamb, AJ Brown, and Higgins. Which a lot of people disagree with. Even though he already is more productive than all of those guys except AJ Brown. I hear people say that Higgins is better all the time but even with Chase out he didn’t do anything to make himself look like one of the best in the league.

Back
Top Bottom