Looking Back | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking Back

It's an art.

And actually, looking back on the way the conversation went down, I misunderstood what was happening, so my apologies.

However, you can't both call him my buddy and then imply nobody likes me. That just doesn't make sense.
Oh my gosh... im done!! Lol

This thread is called Looking back and looking back, Amon St. Brown was a steal and great value for the Lions in the 4th freaking round!! The people trying to justify Waddle and coughing up the 15th overall pick in the 2022 draft is laughable. Waddle is NOT a Megatron type player.

The Dolphins could have had any one of Slater (who is an all pro @ LT) , Parsons (another All-Pro), Smith or maybe be even Waddle (because we don't know how far he would have fallen had Miami not drafted him @ 5) by staying put @ 12.

I‘ll take anyone of Parsons, Slater or Smith and then take Pickens the following year @ 15 over just Waddle. 🤦‍♂️
We had the #3 pick and wanted one of the top WR’s in the draft, Chase or Waddle. Could have just taken one of them there so sensibilities were not disturbed by the whole 2 trade process where we moved to 6, still got our guy and also netted additional draft capital, a future 1 and 3 if I recall.

We never intended to draft at 12, that was just a speed hump in the 2 trade process so we didn’t give up anything extra for Waddle. They wanted and needed a stud WR not a lower on their board tackle or linebacker. Got him with their first pick plus additional capital that is now Bradley Chubb I believe.

We had the #3 pick and wanted one of the top WR’s in the draft, Chase or Waddle. Could have just taken one of them there so sensibilities were not disturbed by the whole 2 trade process where we moved to 6, still got our guy and also netted additional draft capital, a future 1 and 3 if I recall.

We never intended to draft at 12, that was just a speed hump in the 2 trade process so we didn’t give up anything extra for Waddle. They wanted and needed a stud WR not a lower on their board tackle or linebacker. Got him with their first pick plus additional capital that is now Bradley Chubb I believe.
So very true. That year people would have flipped a lid if we didn't pick a WR. It was our biggest need.

So very true. That year people would have flipped a lid if we didn't pick a WR. It was our biggest need.
Well, there were those that wanted Pitts, those that wanted Parsons, those that thought picking a WR in the top 10 was a mistake.

There were a lot of differing opines IIRC.

Well, there were those that wanted Pitts, those that wanted Parsons, those that thought picking a WR in the top 10 was a mistake.

Let’s not forget the baggage that was attached to Parsons, either.

The guy was clearly the best defensive player in the draft, but the things that were coming out about him AT THE TIME made you go, “Dude, what the **** is up with this guy?”

I’m perfectly fine with the Waddle pick.

I was thinking Pitts at the time when we were at 3 because he is basically a receiver. But when we moved back I knew we weren't even thinking that. I was kind of upset quite honestly but Waddle was an awesome pick. The perfect pick!!

Back
Top Bottom