Looking Back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking Back

IMO the NFL tendency to pick the athlete over craft/skill at QB is why the first round bust rate for QBs is so high
I think the Bills really lucked out with Josh Allen. That he would remake his motion and go from 55% in college to 65% accuracy in the pros has maybe, what 20% odds of happening? Same is true with Ravens and L Jackson, to a lesser extent

Good point. Also, how it all fits so well together.
Breaking it down further, with WR, open is open. Elite quickness and speed with decent route running will give you windows where you don't need elite route running and hands. Plus you can gain more ypa on simple slants and such.
And as for drops, a slant that goes 80 will more than make up for the occasional extra drop.

Whereas QB, a big arm and legs will get you out of lots of trouble but inability to read the field can be a big liability against elite defenses. There is an asymmetry there positionally speaking

And then to your point...how well it all fits together is the greatest force multiplier on the individual draft decisions. Elite accuracy, quick first read, surrounded by a track team, ample use of misdirection....man cannot wait for the season to start!

He isn't as explosive, but he has better hands. They each have strengths and weaknesses relative to each other. That's why they are basically equivalent players. Liking one over the other is about personal preference. One is not "clearly" better than the other.
It appears to me that statistically that JW has the edge.

Analysis of the context of those statistics leads me to believe the gap is wider than an "edge".

Year one JW was clearly the superior player. Year two, JW had to share the ball with, arguably the best wideout in the league, and still outperformed Smith in several key categories.

I don't think there are too many who would trade Waddle straight up for Smith.

Last edited:

Analysis of the context of those statistics leads me to believe the gap is wider than an "edge".

Year one JW was clearly the superior player. Year two, JW had to share the ball with, arguably the best wide out in the league, and still outperformed Smith in several key categories.

I wouldnt!!!!

I wouldnt!!!!
I expect Devonta to age better but who really cares, in the draft all the real value is in the rookie contract. btw I really think there should be a 15% cap discount to resign your own draftees...

Lol. Man some of yall are like little girls around here. Did I hurt your little buddies feelings? Do you feel better for him now?

*buddy’s

And no, I just tend to notice when someone is being a Richard.

It’s interesting; I think that technically, Smith is the superior player…but Waddle is more athletically gifted.

And I don’t think the gap for either of those two things is particularly wide.

I dont know what being a "Richard" means and I couldn't give a **** less.

COULD. Saying that you “couldn’t care less”…

…you know what? It’s not worth the explanation.

Regarding the Richard thing?

Here.

Year one JW was clearly the superior player. Year two, JW had to share the ball with, arguably the best wideout in the league, and still outperformed Smith in several key categories.

IMO statistics are not the same as talent. Statistics are a lot about situations. That's why there were ridiculous posts last year that Bridgewater was a better player than Tua.

COULD. Saying that you “couldn’t care less”…

…you know what? It’s not worth the explanation.

Regarding the Richard thing?

Here.

It's really easy for you to be this annoying isn't it? Your like that kid that nobody wants to hang out with. You can stop posting links to the garbage you talk about. I give Zero ****s about your lingo

It's really easy for you to be this annoying isn't it? Your like that kid that nobody wants to hang out with. You can stop posting links to the garbage you talk about. I give Zero ****s about your lingo

It's an art.

And actually, looking back on the way the conversation went down, I misunderstood what was happening, so my apologies.

However, you can't both call him my buddy and then imply nobody likes me. That just doesn't make sense.

Breaking it down further, with WR, open is open. Elite quickness and speed with decent route running will give you windows where you don't need elite route running and hands. Plus you can gain more ypa on simple slants and such.
And as for drops, a slant that goes 80 will more than make up for the occasional extra drop.

Whereas QB, a big arm and legs will get you out of lots of trouble but inability to read the field can be a big liability against elite defenses. There is an asymmetry there positionally speaking

And then to your point...how well it all fits together is the greatest force multiplier on the individual draft decisions. Elite accuracy, quick first read, surrounded by a track team, ample use of misdirection....man cannot wait for the season to start!
More succintly...the QB is the general on the field. The WR is a main weapon. You don't want a dumb general (see Rus-Ukr war)

Back
Top Bottom