Looks like we’re not ignoring the RB position again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looks like we’re not ignoring the RB position again

I’d really only take a RB if the board lands right. If we go Pitts at 6, I’m probably moving up from 18 for Waddle or Smith.

And if we go WR at 6, I’m going Parsons or Paye at 18 if they’re there. And I’m going Jenkins or Dickerson at 36 if they’re there.

I really like Harris + Etienne + Williams as prospects but don't want any of them in round one. That's nothing on them, I just think a first round running back is a real luxury pick that doesn't make a ton of sense from a value standpoint. I'm definitely in the "draft mid-round running backs often, run them into the ground, then cut them lose for their second contract" camp. But if our brain trust is dead set on getting one of the top guys this year, I hope to God they don't pull the trigger in round one. Stay patient. Wait until 36. And then select whomever is the top rated guy left.

I was actually referring to the article's writer, rather than you.

But... I do think it is likely that we'll take a long look at these three @36.

I wouldn't, but I think Grier will overpay in order to protect Tua.
That's the range I expect as well. Depending on how soon the run starts, Miami could trade up.

I think there's enough talent in the mid-rounds, to maybe go another direction early. But, I'd love one of the top three.

I love RB's Etienne and Harris. I like Williams and Stevenson.

well, time will tell

Indeed! But i like the logic of a rookie RB running behind a more experience OL(Why we drafted OL last year) vs. a 2nd year RB running behind a new OL.

We're not even going to get into that more experience OL and it's potential effect on the passing game.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter who we draft at the RB position if our online isn’t creating holes, it doesn’t matter. We have average backs, we just need better run blocking. End of story!! once this area improves we will be fine. So we don’t need to draft Harris or any back in the 1st rd.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter who we draft at the RB position if our online isn’t creating holes, it doesn’t matter. We have average backs, we just need better run blocking. End of story!! once this area improves we will be fine. So we don’t need to draft Harris or any back in the 1st rd.
Talent wise, we had a bottom 3 RB room, maybe the worst in the league? Myles Gaskin as a #3 back, is top5 since he can catch, block, and is pretty tough/solid all around... he was our #1 RB and wasn’t even the best runner on our team. He’s simply not quick enough or good enough to be a #1 RB... if he’s getting more than 5 rushes a game that’s too many.

We desparately need to upgrade the RB position... even in a passing league, a good RB is going to get 15+ touches a game, that’s more than almost any single WR will. We need more talent at the position immediately.

At 18 we should have the pick of the litter at RB. 2/3 of them won’t be there at 36, or quite possibly none of them. Just pick your guy and run with it. There’s really no D player at 18 (parsons will be gone, no edge guys worth it there, Collins would be a fit, Moehring possibly?). Revamp the O in the first 2 rounds:

1 receiver
1 Rb
2 Ot (swing hunt back to OG)
2 C

3 De-lb
4 lb-de

Back
Top Bottom