Losing did not upset me. This does | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing did not upset me. This does

Am I the only one that thinks our sea level team was not ready for the thin air at that altitude?
I believe it affected Tua’s passes from the get go. Quite a few floaters and overthrows.

Tua took alot of sacks, but he was holding the ball waiting for his receivers to get open. I think we are over looking how bad this WR group is.
Yup, wr did not allow Tua to make the quick hit, and the OL did not hold blocks long enough for the wr to get open. For some reasons, Tua lacked of mobility today was glaring. His foot injury may be understated.

Kindley was definitely missed today. Davis being moved and the other shifts that had to happen really affected the OL. No protection because of assignments caused what happened today.

Yup, wr did not allow Tua to make the quick hit, and the OL did not hold blocks long enough for the wr to get open. For some reasons, Tua lacked of mobility today was glaring. His foot injury may be understated.
Good point. What does it take for this group (OL and DL) to finally get fixed? I am sick of talking about this year after year.

Good point. What does it take for this group (OL and DL) to finally get fixed? I am sick of talking about this year after year.
The offensive line has been fine this year. Can you tell me what's wrong, or more importantly who is wrong? Please cite some examples rather than just blanket statements like OL and DL are awful.

Am I the only one that thinks our sea level team was not ready for the thin air at that altitude?
Yes, people over estimate 3hrs of playing at 5400 feet for elite athletes. They'll have a harder time in 100+ heat and dense humidity

I've been to Denver, did everything I normally do, work out etc., noticed no difference and I'm not an NFL level athlete

I think part of the problem might be that Tua is struggling with the two main receivers to throw to, Parker and Gesicki.

Tua is used to throwing to speedsters that have a step or more and he hits then in stride.

DVP and Gesicki have separation anxiety, but they routinely make the catch in tight coverage.

Tua has to take the shot and trust they will make the catch until proven otherwise.

Grier definitely needs to load up on WRs early in next year's draft.

And the OL today got it handed to them.

The offensive line has been fine this year. Can you tell me what's wrong, or more importantly who is wrong? Please cite some examples rather than just blanket statements like OL and DL are awful.
Our defense and special team have been carried this team the whole season. On the day like today , d and st wasn't at optimal form, offense wasn't able to win the game for us, even against a dreadful Denver team. If you still need specific to be convinced, you must watched the fins in a parallel universe.

Our defense and special team have been carried this team the whole season. On the day like today , d and st wasn't at optimal form, offense wasn't able to win the game for us, even against a dreadful Denver team. If you still need specific to be convinced, you must watched the fins in a parallel universe.
How in the hell did this post address the OL and DL which you previously mentioned? Are you just throwing darts at a wall?

Obviously you can't backup anything that you are saying, so keep on keeping on.

I want parsons with our first pick then weapons for Tua with the next three.

It was weird, he looked panicked from the start on those first two long throws he missed on. He had time but seem to scramble and rush those throws. Looked very unsteady to start the game

He was missing passes from the get go. Maybe it was the altitude or the cold, but his accuracy was noticeably different today than it has ever been. Whatever the reason, he a smart, hard working kid who will likely use this loss to fuel extra preparation for his second cold weather game next week.

No OL plays perfectly. They're clearly improved over the last few years when we had more talented OL (Tunsil and Juwuan James were on our 2018 team and they were awful).

Every OL gives up sacks. Don't expect perfection. The numbers are also inflated with the 2 sacks of barely a yard lost when the QB was trying to run and gets tackled near LOS or when Tua ran out of bounds for a loss. It counted as a sack but wasn't terrible. Not to say the OL played well.

All I'm saying is our 18 OL gave up 8 sacks in Minnesota and all of those sacks were gut smashes on Tannehill

Back
Top Bottom