Losing did not upset me. This does | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing did not upset me. This does

A few things I noticed.

Normally Fitz and Tua are next to each other on sidelines. I saw Tua alone all game.

If the other team's OG is always pulling why isn't our DT flowing down the line? I mean sure try and shot the gap and blow it up in the back field but once you see you can't get there you need to do something different.

The OL couldn't handle stunts. I won't even ask why our guards can't pull and run block.

Is it all on the DL and OL talent? How much is on the coaching? There seemed to be a lack of "situational awareness".

Am I the only one that thinks our sea level team was not ready for the thin air at that altitude?
You nailed it. The second half is always the hardest (cumulative effect), much like our heat and humidity down here. I recall a very good Bill Cowher Steelers team get killed in much the same way in Denver, a long time ago.

No one should expect us go zero lost for the rest year. There will be a stinker or two along the way. So I am not too upset about the lost today. What was disappointing was after invested most of the high rounds on OL last draft, the OL still seems far from settled.
I expected Tua to have growing pains so his game yesterday was not a complete surprise to me. Yet I do agree that the play of the OL has seemed to regress instead of getting better as the season goes along. They have not be able to consistently open holes in the running game throughout the season and yesterday the Broncos rushers were constantly in the backfield before Tua had any time to get rid of the ball.

The run defense has also regressed and that is an area they need to look at seriously in the draft and free agency.

He was missing passes from the get go. Maybe it was the altitude or the cold, but his accuracy was noticeably different today than it has ever been. Whatever the reason, he a smart, hard working kid who will likely use this loss to fuel extra preparation for his second cold weather game next week.
Yup and as my Drill Instructor used to say in boot camp "I wanna hear loud pop tonight...the sound of your heads coming out of your a$$es!" Gotta hear that pop from Tua 😄

Some people on here need to give their head a wobble. Seriously.

Again, you specifically mentioned the OL and DL. When I questioned you on it you deflected to all this mess which has nothing to do with my post.

If you post an opinion here be prepared to back it up with something. Don't just blindly make statements and not expect people to call you out on it.
"You kids shouldn't play so rough, somebody's gonna start crying"

- Mr. Blonde

You can’t fault the OL our WR are never opened all passes have to be perfect and the wr always has a player on his back

in fact I don’t think I have seen a wr actually running free for 5 yacs all day tua had some time but yet no one is ever opened

Poor coaching...

24 hours ago Flores was getting NFL Coach of the Year votes...now he's part of poor coaching?

Incredible!

It's like some refuse to believe the other team has capable coaches too that watch film and scout weaknesses.
Eventually with enough tape opposing coaches are going to find something to exploit.
Believe it or not that's okay and doesn't make you a poor coach all of a sudden.

I really hoped to some coach Flo and staff would have built enough credit and at least given the opportunity to make their adjustments.
I think its really unfair that the expections are they're supposed to be perfect and ahead of the curve against every opponent.

Fans really suck sometimes!

That was a pretty good defensive line we wen't against with Bradley Chubb on the field, like others have said its a young line they are going to get better as the year goes on..
Takeaways from the game on why we lost , It's been a theme all season but we stuggle against the run, particularly shifty running backs like Gordon and Lindsay..

Now to the aspects and under performers that really ticked me off..

1. Gesicki- I'm absolutely done with this guy, I'd bench him behind shaheen and Smythe. He is an athletic freak on the track but he can't block, runs lazy routes, and he drops balls more often then i'd like. If you notice on the final drive the play before Fitz's int, they threw gesicki an out route he rolled into his cut reminiscent of a turtle and thus didn't get underneath the Corner for what should have been a game tying TD on a timing route.. I'm questioning this guy's motor now at this point.. He is done in my book.

2. Grant- I don't understand on these go routes how any CB should be able to keep up with him but he got zero seperation yesterday and at 5'7 that is a problem, He is a valuable special teams guy but to me i'd move him to pass catching RB at this point but he should have done alot better yesterday then he did.

That coupled with our inablility as a defense to stop the run is what led to this loss and really other teams should be taking notes because that is absolutely the way to beat us is to run the ball which we can't stop.

Back
Top Bottom