Losing did not upset me. This does | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing did not upset me. This does

Agreed. I was surprised. Even if Fitz ties then wins the game. It will be a hollow victory with Tua being replaced. If Tua did what Fitz did and threw an endzone int, its a valuable lesson for him . The only reason i can think of its his foot situation is worst than what led to believe.
I agree. He looked a bit stiff and slow today.

Agreed. I was surprised. Even if Fitz ties then wins the game. It will be a hollow victory with Tua being replaced. If Tua did what Fitz did and threw an endzone int, its a valuable lesson for him . The only reason i can think of its his foot situation is worst than what led to believe.

Fitz admitted after the game he did a bad Job of holding the safety.

“I got everything I wanted with DeVante on the front side, and I need to do a better job of holding that safety,” Fitzpatrick said.
“It was milliseconds. If he was a step slower, we’re having a happy press conference.”

You mean the same OL that has played relatively well? The one we've praised much of the season for their pass protections.
Now, Because this is their worst performance it's okay to make this type of post?
Relative is the operative word here. The protection was helped by the mobility and quick trigger of Tua. Today when Tua was wearing cement shoes and had a sticky trigger, the line was not able to give him the standard 3.25 seconds protection without someone breathing on his neck.

Last edited:
Is it possible he's done a good job this year but a bad job today?
I agree with that 101%...

I don't agree with him being a poor coach, or exhibit consistent poor coaching.

Denvers front 4 is NASTY. Let’s just be honest about it. Should we have won? Yes, I believe we have the better team. But we were outschemed on both sides of the ball today. Credit to Denver for a superior game plan.

Regression never seems to be acknowledged around here. Whatever the current trend it's going to be up up and away or down down and succumb.

The offensive line is more talented than we've had but young newly established lines like that almost always have a downturn in midseason. I posted that after week 4 or 5. It is the reason I was not thrilled with starting Tua at the point we did. Fortunately we got away with it for a few games, partially due to defensive and special teams plays that allowed us to play from a lead.

Everything is okay. I'm kind of shocked at sampling the forum and encountering so much negativity after one defeat.
You've been around this forum about as long as I have. No reaction to any set of circumstances should surprise you at this point.

Oline laid an egg today. Also, the run game couldn't do anything. Poor lil' Ahmed has no mass to run through the trenches. Denver turned him into Ahmed the Dead Runningback.

Oline laid an egg today. Also, the run game couldn't do anything. Poor lil' Ahmed has no mass to run through the trenches. Denver turned him into Ahmed the Dead Runningback.
I never thought i would say this. I think Flo is deing out coached today.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief not a lot of running backs run into a pile of unmoved defenders and somehow emerge on the other end. Breida, Ahmed, Howard, Derrick Henry, they all need initial blocks to spring them. Ahmed had one defender on the second level he bounced off, and some other times he got blocking for a few yards, but the bulk of carries there were no holes to be had.

It's a young line. I was more upset with the benching.

I really am struggling with that. I trust Flores as he has earned it by the way this team has played above expectations, but everything I know about football screams that is the worst possible decision with a struggling rookie QB. Hopefully Flores proves me wrong, like he has multiple other times since coming to Miami, but man as a fan that seems like an awful decision.

Back
Top Bottom