Losing did not upset me. This does | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing did not upset me. This does

How in the hell did this post address the OL and DL which you previously mentioned? Are you just throwing darts at a wall?

Obviously you can't backup anything that you are saying, so keep on keeping on.
How long have you been watching football? You cannot tell the deficiencies of a unit by watching games? You need some ppf stats or power ranking to make conclusion?
What kind of receiver is DVP? Let me look up stats and ppf analysis....ahh he is not a burner, he is a procession, jump ball winning 50/50 type.
You can disagree and thats fine on messages broad, but I am not going to waste my time to dig up stats to support the obvious for most of us and make you happy.

How long have you been watching football? You cannot tell the deficiencies of a unit by watching games? You need some ppf stats or power ranking to make conclusion?
What kind of receiver is DVP? Let me look up stats and ppf analysis....ahh he is not a burner, he is a procession, jump ball winning 50/50 type.
You can disagree and thats fine on messages broad, but I am not going to waste my time to dig up stats to make you happy.
Again, you specifically mentioned the OL and DL. When I questioned you on it you deflected to all this mess which has nothing to do with my post.

If you post an opinion here be prepared to back it up with something. Don't just blindly make statements and not expect people to call you out on it.

Look I hear ya, I’m just trying to put this in Perspective here. You know and I know it is very difficult to come into this league as a QB and light it on fire without hitting roadblocks. Very very few Dan Marino’s in their first year in this league. It’s a major learning process. I personally don’t believe he’s as bad in his first four games that you think he’s been. I never thought or looked at his as a savior this year
To be honest it just stands out to me more because of where Tua came from. I just always had my worries that a guy with his history, where he played college football at a program where pretty much every player on the field with him was going to be a pro, many of them first or second day picks, and just really never dealt with games in college where he played a team that could kick his ***. Tua is a guy who really hasn't played a defense that could really dominate LOS until the NFL and that is rare. Because, perhaps outside of maybe Ohio State and Clemson, who im still not sure have the overall physical dominance if Alabama, i think any other qb coming into the league will have had to play through games where their team is outmatched and their pocket is dirty nearly every play.

The dirty pocket is basically the rule in the NFL and I'm not sure that Tua ever had to deal with one consistently before now. From what I've seen, arm talent comes behind pocket presence and decision making for a young qb to be successful, and even the ability for good decision making to come into play one has to solidify pocket presence.

I worried for a long time that ability to deal with a dirty pocket might be Tua's undoing at the pro level, so seeing him be almost entirely unproductive in half his games now due to that has me very concerned.

Regression never seems to be acknowledged around here. Whatever the current trend it's going to be up up and away or down down and succumb.

The offensive line is more talented than we've had but young newly established lines like that almost always have a downturn in midseason. I posted that after week 4 or 5. It is the reason I was not thrilled with starting Tua at the point we did. Fortunately we got away with it for a few games, partially due to defensive and special teams plays that allowed us to play from a lead.

Everything is okay. I'm kind of shocked at sampling the forum and encountering so much negativity after one defeat.

To be honest it just stands out to me more because of where Tua came from. I just always had my worries that a guy with his history, where he played college football at a program where pretty much every player on the field with him was going to be a pro, many of them first or second day picks, and just really never dealt with games in college where he played a team that could kick his ***. Tua is a guy who really hasn't played a defense that could really dominate LOS until the NFL and that is rare. Because, perhaps outside of maybe Ohio State and Clemson, who im still not sure have the overall physical dominance if Alabama, i think any other qb coming into the league will have had to play through games where their team is outmatched and their pocket is dirty nearly every play.

The dirty pocket is basically the rule in the NFL and I'm not sure that Tua ever had to deal with one consistently before now. From what I've seen, arm talent comes behind pocket presence and decision making for a young qb to be successful, and even the ability for good decision making to come into play one has to solidify pocket presence.

I worried for a long time that ability to deal with a dirty pocket might be Tua's undoing at the pro level, so seeing him be almost entirely unproductive in half his games now due to that has me very concerned.
I feel differently on it, yeah maybe he hasn’t had to deal with the dirty pocket in college but he still faced defenses that came to stop him. Difference is he had a bonafide RB and three all star WRs who got separation all game long. Give him just a few weapons and he’ll be fine because he’s an intelligent individual who will adapt. Even though the Rams came at him h didn’t panic. Today was a disaster on all levels and the Broncos were at him from the start. And sometimes you just don’t match up well against a team even though you’re the better team.

No one should expect us go zero lost for the rest year. There will be a stinker or two along the way. So I am not too upset about the lost today. What was disappointing was after invested most of the high rounds on OL last draft, the OL still seems far from settled.

You mean the same OL that has played relatively well? The one we've praised much of the season for their pass protections.
Now, Because this is their worst performance it's okay to make this type of post?

I feel differently on it, yeah maybe he hasn’t had to deal with the dirty pocket in college but he still faced defenses that came to stop him. Difference is he had a bonafide RB and three all star WRs who got separation all game long. Give him just a few weapons and he’ll be fine because he’s an intelligent individual who will adapt. Even though the Rams came at him h didn’t panic. Today was a disaster on all levels and the Broncos were at him from the start. And sometimes you just don’t match up well against a team even though you’re the better team.
Honestly I saw panic in the Rams game. We can likely field better receivers than what we have now but we'll never field three receivers as good compared to their opponents as Alabama had.

I do agree that matchups are more important than record. I was very concerned about Denver on defense despite their record. Even i just didn't think that Tua had that bad of a performance in him after his first game jittrrs.

Again, you specifically mentioned the OL and DL. When I questioned you on it you deflected to all this mess which has nothing to do with my post.

If you post an opinion here be prepared to back it up with something. Don't just blindly make statements and not expect people to call you out on it.
Did I ever mention DL in this thread? You want detail, be detail to yourself first. You seems lack of detail. Oh... I don't have stats to support it. Good bye.

Regression never seems to be acknowledged around here. Whatever the current trend it's going to be up up and away or down down and succumb.

The offensive line is more talented than we've had but young newly established lines like that almost always have a downturn in midseason. I posted that after week 4 or 5. It is the reason I was not thrilled with starting Tua at the point we did. Fortunately we got away with it for a few games, partially due to defensive and special teams plays that allowed us to play from a lead.

Everything is okay. I'm kind of shocked at sampling the forum and encountering so much negativity after one defeat.
I heard of qb sophomore struggle, i did not know of any OL mid season slump. I am not saying you are wrong, may be i am just not well informed.
I can remember, once we had Webb and Simms on the lineup, there wasn't any downturn.

Last edited:
I heard of qb sophomore struggle, i did not know of any OL mid season slump. I am not saying you are wrong, may be i am just not well informed.
I can remember, once we had Webb and Sims on the lineup, there wasn't any downturn.
There is the so called rookie wall after about ten games where they say guys start to wear down. Not sure how that would work with no preseason this year.

I'm upset about the Tua benching. He needs to experience a LOSS. This is how you learn. Putting Fitz in was absolutely ridiculous. Tua need to learn the Pain. Its important. Tua also would've been in position to win the game. I love Flores, but this was a bad decision.

I'm upset about the Tua benching. He needs to experience a LOSS. This is how you learn. Putting Fitz in was absolutely ridiculous. Tua need to learn the Pain. Its important. Tua also would've been in position to win the game. I love Flores, but this was a bad decision.
Agreed. I was surprised. Even if Fitz ties then wins the game. It will be a hollow victory with Tua being replaced. If Tua did what Fitz did and threw an endzone int, its a valuable lesson for him . The only reason i can think of its his foot situation is worst than what led to believe.

OL was definitely dreadful. They didn’t have an answer for Denver’s stunts. Poor coaching goes along with that.
Poor coaching...

24 hours ago Flores was getting NFL Coach of the Year votes...now he's part of poor coaching?

Incredible!

Back
Top Bottom