Losman Struggling | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman Struggling

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The latest reports are that Losman is running on 70% of his pass attempts. I'm sure their offense is not designed for 70% scambles by the QB.

From Don Banks:

I've heard similar comments on the local radio and they NEVER are never critical of the Bills.

There are several possible explanations:

1. The OL sucks so bad that he has no time to throw.
2. The receivers can't get open.
3. Losman is skittish in the pocket and runs too quickly.

No matter which is the issue (my bet is on #3), this does not look good. Losman will not last the season playing that way. That also wastes what should be a good core of WRs.

I'm sure he will improve, but the Bills are going to go through growing pains this year, especially early.

There are 2 sides to a story. Is there a possibility that they could be working on his designed run plays? when I was at camp, he was throwing in the pocket and throwing well.

Unless you know first hand what they are trying to do at camp or you're part of the team, I doubt your negative assumptions of what's going on is accurate.
I'm not surprised, you're a finfan. Why look at reports from a positive aspect. Your nervousness, shows when you do that you know.

Justasportsfan said:
There are 2 sides to a story. Is there a possibility that they could be working on his designed run plays?

Not according to Don Banks. He made the observation. From the front page of cnnsi.com:

starting QB J.P. Losman is relying too heavily on his legs.

Now Don Banks is biased?

I also heard similar comments from local radio people.

Justasportsfan said:
Unless you know first hand what they are trying to do at camp or you're part of the team, I doubt your negative assumptions of what's going on is accurate.
I'm not surprised, you're a finfan. Why look at reports from a positive aspect. Your nervousness, shows when you do that you know.

Is it inconceivable that Losman is not comfortable yet? Really?

I've also heard reports that he looks like he is going through his progressions on pass plays. If he is doing that, either the receivers aren't open or he doesn't feel comfortable making throws into the kind of coverages that he will face against professional defenses.

It is not uncommon for young QBs to hold on to the ball because receivers are not "open enough".

So please tell me, is Don Banks lying? stupid?

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Probably both, just like 90% of reporters who say the Phins are gonna be 5-11 at the bottom of the division...

Rob Johnson looked great in camp.:shakeno:

Please guys, wait until the games to have these ***** fests.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Not according to Don Banks. He made the observation. From the front page of cnnsi.com:

Now Don Banks is biased?

I also heard similar comments from local radio people.

Is it inconceivable that Losman is not comfortable yet? Really?

I've also heard reports that he looks like he is going through his progressions on pass plays. If he is doing that, either the receivers aren't open or he doesn't feel comfortable making throws into the kind of coverages that he will face against professional defenses.

It is not uncommon for young QBs to hold on to the ball because receivers are not "open enough".

Is Don Banks part of the team?

Justasportsfan said:
Is Don Banks part of the team?

No, but that doesn't make his observations automatically false.

By your reasoning, all observations made by any fan or reporter should be ignored.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

By your reasoning, all observations made by any fan or reporter should be ignored.
well I made my obsrvations when I was at camp. He's not the only one who's made observations and yet you chose to report a negative report ONLY!!! Then again ,I never expected any better from you.

Losman7 said:
Probably both, just like 90% of reporters who say the Phins are gonna be 5-11 at the bottom of the division...

Predicting records and watching a QB scramble in practice are not the same thing.

If it were reported that Losman was throwing every pass in practice high, Justa would claim that he was doing it on purpose to allow the WRs practice catching high passes. Ints are on purpose so that the DBs can get practice. Maybe ints in practice allow the offensive players to get practice tackling. :shakeno:

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Why can they be ignored when they have the fins going 5-11.

How many countless threads have been started with a link to an article that predicts doom and gloom for the fins, only to have the reporter questioned?

"They don't know what we have done this offseason"

"They just look at last year and automatically think we'll suck"

I read them all the time....

You can't have it both ways.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Predicting records and watching a QB scramble in practice are not the same thing.

If it were reported that Losman was throwing every pass in practice high, Justa would claim that he was doing it on purpose to allow the WRs practice catching high passes. Ints are on purpose so that the DBs can get practice. Maybe ints in practice allow the offensive players to get practice tackling. :shakeno:

Go read the Lenny P thread in the main forum... same stuff going on.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

don't twist my words to make a point Wannyfan. I didn't make any claims. I simply stated that there could be a possibility that they were practicing his scrambling abilities. You are starting to look desperate for material to use against me. I don't blame you, you were wrong a lot of times last year. :lol: Now your beloved Wanny is gone and left you to hang dry. :cry:

I almost thought you joined him at Pitts. :lol:

Losman7 said:
Go read the Lenny P thread in the main forum... same stuff going on.
Give him time, he's looking for a comeback. :shakeno:

Losman7 said:
Why can they be ignored when they have the fins going 5-11.

You can't have it both ways.

refer to my other reply. Making an observation is not the same as making a prediction.

Do you think that Don Banks didn't really watch Losman scramble that much?

Justasportsfan said:
don't twist my words to make a point Wannyfan. I didn't make any claims. I simply stated that there could be a possibility that they were practicing his scrambling abilities. You are starting to look desperate for material to use against me. I don't blame you, you were wrong a lot of times last year. :lol: Now your beloved Wanny is gone and left you to hang dry. :cry:

I almost thought you joined him at Pitts. :lol:

blah, blah, blah.

according to an unbiased professional journalist LOSMAN IS STRUGGLING :rofl3:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
blah, blah, blah.

according to an unbiased professional journalist LOSMAN IS STRUGGLING :rofl3:
that's your comeback? Weak and pathetic. Pastabelly is also unbiased thank you. ;) Double standard finfan. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you weren't laughing when I was being proven right as last years season rolled along and YOU disappeared in shame. Now that you have Saban you all of a sudden show up? No matter what you say, you've been proven to be a chickensh!t fairweathered finfan who can't back up his own statements :lol:

Back
Top Bottom