Lots of Dolphins News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lots of Dolphins News

Update 2: Sparano said injured receiver Greg Camarillo and injured left guard Justin Smiley, "right now they're both doing really well," in the rehab. But he would not say if they will be ready to participate in the team's strength and conditioning program that begins March 30 or in OTA or minicamps.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-and-nuggets-breakfast-with-tony-sparano.html

Good to hear they are coming along just fine. Wish them a Speedy recoivering, both were walking without Crutches before the Playoff game.

TS is doing what he's been told to do at the QB position. No chance in hell the previous staff's players willl be given a chace to start over the new staff's players. Look how the Ernest Wilford situation worked out. Not exactly the desired results. This new staff is systematically removing any and all traces of the previous regime. I'm fine with that, but it doesn't suggest for one second the players being released or traded have no talent. This new staff has there own prefernces as is the case 99% of the time when teams are overhauled this nothing new.

TS imo has the intangibles to be a very successful HC, but he's still learning and much of what he says is what he's been told he can/can't say. I seriuosly doubt TS spends his with the QB 's and knows first hand who is trully the fit for the future of this team he's simply passing along the information he's been given. This in no way takes away from TS involvment in what thi team is doing and where it's going, it's simply a case of learning on the fly.

IMO if TS were the one making the critical decision on this team, Miami would have been a serious destination for TO like it or not, but when asked BP said that TO would be a Dolphin this year and we all know BP won't be with the Dolphins next year, put 2 and 2 together and we all know who's making the decsions on this team. Again i'm fine with that, i'm simply pointing that TS may be speaking, but he's not the one making the decsions, if he were things be a little different.

So in other words you are saying that Tony Sparano is a mindless puppet doing the will of the great Oz Parcells?? Get real. TS has a mind of his own that happens to be in accord with Parcells. He is new at coaching but he is not stupid. I believe he has major input in what kind of team he wants to have--he is the coach. Parcells won't be around forever. Ireland was the one who traded for McDaniels and the only stipulation was that Ireland get another pick back for the one lost--which he did with the Satele trade. Sounds like that was not a move Parcells order but was a move made by Ireland and Sparano?? Don't know really. I think Sparano and everyone under Parcells has more say than what people think. The Dolphins are NOT the Raiders or Cowboys.

So in other words you are saying that Tony Sparano is a mindless puppet doing the will of the great Oz Parcells?? Get real. TS has a mind of his own that happens to be in accord with Parcells. He is new at coaching but he is not stupid. I believe he has major input in what kind of team he wants to have--he is the coach. Parcells won't be around forever. Ireland was the one who traded for McDaniels and the only stipulation was that Ireland get another pick back for the one lost--which he did with the Satele trade. Sounds like that was not a move Parcells order but was a move made by Ireland and Sparano?? Don't know really. I think Sparano and everyone under Parcells has more say than what people think. The Dolphins are NOT the Raiders or Cowboys.

X2

The ball jumps off Becks hands too...I hope he's not referring to it the same as Becks 7 fumbles though.

Henne has proven to be able to handle the farmost fundamentally sound technique a QB must possess, not fumbling the snap :up:

I know he has to fib a little, but saying that Roth intrigues him as a pass rusher is pretty damn funny.

Noooo, I believe if you read what I wrote I basically said BP makes the decisions. Maybe that offends you, oh well take it up with Bill. TS is still very raw as a HC he is learning as he goes but he 's not the one making the decisions. And who called TS stupid? Nobody, you're just making crap up now. Try actually reading what people write before you go getting all offended. TS coaches right now that 's what he does well. Jeff Ireland makes the personell decisions and both JI and TS pass everything by BP before a decision is made, why? Because that's the way Bill wants it. Complete and total control it's BP MO!!! Not one person on this team is allowed to speak on a subject till it's been approved by BP wether you like it or not.

I really like the McDaniels trade. I just posted in another thread about how we essentially traded away a 7th for McDaniels, then we traded Satele for a 6th and a swap of 4th rounders, which moved us up 18 spots in the 4th. Not too shabby on Ireland's part. As for Green, I think that once he gets into the offseason conditioning program, he will be a lot less proned to injuries. We still need to draft another corner to make sure we have some good competition back there and we have the best guy on the field.
Ronnie Brown is the perfect example, hurt every year until the Sparano/Parcells regimen took control.

Noooo, I believe if you read what I wrote I basically said BP makes the decisions. Maybe that offends you, oh well take it up with Bill. TS is still very raw as a HC he is learning as he goes but he 's not the one making the decisions. And who called TS stupid? Nobody, you're just making crap up now. Try actually reading what people write before you go getting all offended. TS coaches right now that 's what he does well. Jeff Ireland makes the personell decisions and both JI and TS pass everything by BP before a decision is made, why? Because that's the way Bill wants it. Complete and total control it's BP MO!!! Not one person on this team is allowed to speak on a subject till it's been approved by BP wether you like it or not.

Can't quite agree wit ya there. I do agree BP is a control freak but this isn't Nazi Germany. Tony has a mind of his own and when you listen to players talk all you hear them talk about is what Tony says and very little of what BP says.

At the start of last year I felt a little like you feel, but as the season wore on I could see that TS is by no means BPs puppet. TS is a VERY strong willed individual who does things HIS way not always BPs way. Bill has more say in personal moves than he does anything else. As far as coaching however TS calls the shots.

Can't quite agree wit ya there. I do agree BP is a control freak but this isn't Nazi Germany. Tony has a mind of his own and when you listen to players talk all you hear them talk about is what Tony says and very little of what BP says.

At the start of last year I felt a little like you feel, but as the season wore on I could see that TS is by no means BPs puppet. TS is a VERY strong willed individual who does things HIS way not always BPs way. Bill has more say in personal moves than he does anything else. As far as coaching however TS calls the shots.

Sorry to break it you , but this isn't a debate and this isn't my opinion. This is the way it is. BP runs a tight ship and you can believe whatever you wish, but this is BP team and things will be done his way. I'm not sure why this would offend anyone, but you can bet the biggest reason Miami won 11 games in 08 was BP not TS. Like I said before, I really like TS and what he brings as the HC but he's just not there yet, neither is Jeff. This team has BP written all over it.

First of all put down the pipe and take some prozac. It's not that serious! Sparano is the man in charge with a lot of help from Parcells and Co. He is NOT a puppet like YOU imagine him to be. BUT if that is what makes you feel good--far be it for me to rock your boat. I think Ireland is working hand in hand with getting players that Sparano wants at the same time using the experience and wisdom of Parcells. But I could be wrong and you could in fact know everything. IF you do know everything please let me know the numbers to the lottery for tomorrow. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Sorry to break it you , but this isn't a debate and this isn't my opinion. This is the way it is. BP runs a tight ship and you can believe whatever you wish, but this is BP team and things will be done his way. I'm not sure why this would offend anyone, but you can bet the biggest reason Miami won 11 games in 08 was BP not TS. Like I said before, I really like TS and what he brings as the HC but he's just not there yet, neither is Jeff. This team has BP written all over it.

We are sorry to offend you Mr. Davis or is that Mr. Jones??

First of all put down the pipe and take some prozac. It's not that serious! Sparano is the man in charge with a lot of help from Parcells and Co. He is NOT a puppet like YOU imagine him to be. BUT if that is what makes you feel good--far be it for me to rock your boat. I think Ireland is working hand in hand with getting players that Sparano wants at the same time using the experience and wisdom of Parcells. But I could be wrong and you could in fact know everything. IF you do know everything please let me know the numbers to the lottery for tomorrow. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

You seriously need reading comprehension lessons, you are not reading a word I write. Using words like "stupid" and "puppet" I never even suggested anythig remotely close to those words. It seems to me your looking for something that isn't there. If you're going to quote me then try talking about the content of the quote and not some irrational interpretation of my posts.

TS is doing what he's been told to do at the QB position. No chance in hell the previous staff's players willl be given a chace to start over the new staff's players. Look how the Ernest Wilford situation worked out. Not exactly the desired results. This new staff is systematically removing any and all traces of the previous regime. I'm fine with that, but it doesn't suggest for one second the players being released or traded have no talent. This new staff has there own prefernces as is the case 99% of the time when teams are overhauled this nothing new.

TS imo has the intangibles to be a very successful HC, but he's still learning and much of what he says is what he's been told he can/can't say. I seriuosly doubt TS spends his with the QB 's and knows first hand who is trully the fit for the future of this team he's simply passing along the information he's been given. This in no way takes away from TS involvment in what thi team is doing and where it's going, it's simply a case of learning on the fly.

IMO if TS were the one making the critical decision on this team, Miami would have been a serious destination for TO like it or not, but when asked BP said that TO would be a Dolphin this year and we all know BP won't be with the Dolphins next year, put 2 and 2 together and we all know who's making the decsions on this team. Again i'm fine with that, i'm simply pointing that TS may be speaking, but he's not the one making the decsions, if he were things be a little different.

First off Ernest Wilford is not a player from the "previous regime". Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland bought him in.
When you make a comment like- "much of what he says is what he's been told he can/can't say" and "I seriuosly doubt TS spends his with the QB 's and knows first hand who is trully the fit for the future of this team he's simply passing along the information he's been given" and that dumb comment about TO, it seems you are calling TS a puppet and someone who has to get permission to speak about his team. I agree with your dissenters, you have not much of a clue. TS won 11 games as the coach and his coaching had a lot more to do with it than BP signings and trades. The fact is they are a team and work very well together... TOGETHER. TS was chosen as coach because him, Jeff Ireland and BP think alike. Think enough alike where TS isn't muzzled by BP.

Back
Top Bottom