Lots of Dolphins News | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lots of Dolphins News

First off Ernest Wilford is not a player from the "previous regime". Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland bought him in.
When you make a comment like- "much of what he says is what he's been told he can/can't say" and "I seriuosly doubt TS spends his with the QB 's and knows first hand who is trully the fit for the future of this team he's simply passing along the information he's been given" and that dumb comment about TO, it seems you are calling TS a puppet and someone who has to get permission to speak about his team. I agree with your dissenters, you have not much of a clue. TS won 11 games as the coach and his coaching had a lot more to do with it than BP signings and trades. The fact is they are a team and work very well together... TOGETHER. TS was chosen as coach because him, Jeff Ireland and BP think alike. Think enough alike where TS isn't muzzled by BP.

I read the first sentence and stopped reading cause I never said Ernest was from the previous regime. Jesus can anyone here read?

I read the first sentence and stopped reading cause I never said Ernest was from the previous regime. Jesus can anyone here read?

TS is doing what he's been told to do at the QB position. No chance in hell the previous staff's players willl be given a chace to start over the new staff's players. Look how the Ernest Wilford situation worked out. Not exactly the desired results. This new staff is systematically removing any and all traces of the previous regime. I'm fine with that, but it doesn't suggest for one second the players being released or traded have no talent. This new staff has there own prefernces as is the case 99% of the time when teams are overhauled this nothing new.

Wow, emotional huh? You didn't say it, just hinted a lot. Look at what you wrote. You definitely suggested it. Maybe you should learn to write better, definitely more clearly. I can help if you want.
Bottom line is your wrong when it comes to TS and BP.

TS is doing what he's been told to do at the QB position. No chance in hell the previous staff's players willl be given a chace to start over the new staff's players. Look how the Ernest Wilford situation worked out. Not exactly the desired results. This new staff is systematically removing any and all traces of the previous regime. I'm fine with that, but it doesn't suggest for one second the players being released or traded have no talent. This new staff has there own prefernces as is the case 99% of the time when teams are overhauled this nothing new.

Wow, emotional huh? You didn't say it, just hinted a lot. Look at what you wrote. You definitely suggested it. Maybe you should learn to write better, definitely more clearly. I can help if you want.
Bottom line is your wrong when it comes to TS and BP.

In other words Jeff Ireland was given the chance to make a decision and he laid a giant egg. Now just because JI screwed up one FA acquisition doesn't mean BP wouldn't have but you can clearly make a case his inexperience didn't help the situation. Both Sparano and JI are leaning hard on BP's knowledge. There are points BP needs to let the two make the decisions infact BP probably encourages it but everything goes through BP first, all the characteristics about this team over the last year are classic BP. Even the recent trade for the kid from the Jags was hinted to be filled with BP stipulations. BP has given up coaching and dealing with the media thats all he's given this rebuild is all BP.

In other words Jeff Ireland was given the chance to make a decision and he laid a giant egg. Now just because JI screwed up one FA acquisition doesn't mean BP wouldn't have but you can clearly make a case his inexperience didn't help the situation. Both Sparano and JI are leaning hard on BP's knowledge. There are points BP needs to let the two make the decisions infact BP probably encourages it but everything goes through BP first, all the characteristics about this team over the last year are classic BP. Even the recent trade for the kid from the Jags was hinted to be filled with BP stipulations. BP has given up coaching and dealing with the media thats all he's given this rebuild is all BP.

I agree with you but, JI and TS are not on a short leash and have just as much as BP has. BP may have the final say but, I am sure they work as a team. I don't envision BP pulling rank on JI and TS. I truely believe they are on the same page. As far as Ernest Wilford goes if everything goes through BP then JI didn't make the mistake, BP did. Everything gets approved by BP right? JI experience or lack there of had little to do with that decision. If everything goes through BP then he takes the blame for mistakes and gets the credit for the right decisions. But, I agree they are leaning on BP experience alot but, I feel BP leans on them also.

You seriously need reading comprehension lessons, you are not reading a word I write. Using words like "stupid" and "puppet" I never even suggested anythig remotely close to those words. It seems to me your looking for something that isn't there. If you're going to quote me then try talking about the content of the quote and not some irrational interpretation of my posts.

No you didn't use those words I did. When someone does as they are told--as you have suggested--what do you call it?? I call it puppet--but that is just me. I know times are rough but don't let your blood pressure go up over this stuff. It will be alright.

This who thing about Coach Sparano being a puppet is BS. I saw several looker room speeches last year and not one did Parcell say anything. The guy was non exsistent in other words. Sparano is the coach of this team and while he might go to Parcell for advice he is one heck of a coach. BTW one of the most firey and exiting speeches I have ever heard in Miami, the guy is a football coach. None of lets play together and thank the lord BS it was all we are gonna go out there and kick their ***.

Sparano is no puppet.

No you didn't use those words I did. When someone does as they are told--as you have suggested--what do you call it?? I call it puppet--but that is just me. I know times are rough but don't let your blood pressure go up over this stuff. It will be alright.

Do you work for a living? If you do chances are you have a boss, as do TS and JI . Just because you work for a living and have to answer to someone doesn't make you "stupid" or a "puppet". TS has never been a HC and JI has never been a GM and neither have ever rebuilt an NFL team, BP has done all of these. Now you can pretend TS and JI are making decision that are relevant to this team but i'll promise you, if they are, they are very limited in those decisions. This is pretty common sense stuff.

Wow. Looks like someone in this thread was really hurt by Sparano's comments or lack of comments about Beck. :lol:

Nobody gives Ireland and Sparano the credit they deserve. You dont see Parcells ever doing anything but laying low and being quiet yet some of you guys think the only reason we were successful was cause of the Tuna.

Nobody gives Ireland and Sparano the credit they deserve. You dont see Parcells ever doing anything but laying low and being quiet yet some of you guys think the only reason we were successful was cause of the Tuna.

Gee, maybe because BP is the only one of the three who's successfuly rebuilt a franchise or maybe because BP is the only one of the three to win a SB or maybe it's because BP is the only one of the three who isn't coming off their rookie season as a HC or GM or maybe it s BP tremendous sucess rate as a talent evaluator.

You're right, how in the world could anyone belive BP had a thing to do with the success of the 08 Dolphins when TS and JI who combined don't even share a 10th of the success as BP in their careers, believe TS and JI weren't the reason for the Dolphins success in 08?? Ummmm, simple common sence??

Why is it a travesty to state the obvious? I have not ONCE said TS and JI didn't contribute to this teams success, not once. I simply pointed out that this early in this process it's classic BP and the fact every decision goes through him. For god sake who was responsible for brining TS and JI to the Dolphins to begin with? Why did BP choose those 2? Because he knew what to expet and knew he worked well with them? Basically a good foundation? BP gets the credit for all that whether you like it or not. Without BP you have no TS or JI and very little chance of getting Chad Pennington or winning more games than we lose in 08 much less a division title and a playoff berth.

Im not saying The Tuna did not have to do with our success but he clearly lets the coaches coach and Ireland has been the one making the trades and electing some of the players.

:up::up:

Tuna is in the process of making Miami a success story.
Parcells: My definition of turning it around is when you can be in the playoffs two or three years in a row, then you know you have the structure in place.
Give HIM credit for hiring Tuna Jr(TS) and Tuna helper(JI).
Parcells: First of all, I have to pay tribute to Tony Sparano, Jeff Ireland, those guys were certainly equally, if not more, of a factor in the turnaround than I was. I think having been with both of them before, they knew the drill when we came. They know the drill. They know what pattern we're going to follow. So there was no educating the coach or the GM about how we're going to approach it, because we'd already done it together in Dallas and they knew it.
Give him credit for remaining in the background and allowing Tony to be the focal point(unlike Jerry Jones) of the team and its accomplishments.
"What we didn't want to hire is guys who are just 'yes' men that shake their head 'yes' in the room," Sparano said. "I feel like our staff is full of knowledge right now to be able to help these players."
Bill did not hire "Yes Men". He enjoys confrontation with those he trusts.

Bill likely would have used last years #1 on a defensive pick. Tony wanted Jake. Bill told Sporano and Ireland that if they could come to an agreement with Jake before the draft they'd get him.

Ireland wanted McDaniel and BPs response was just get my pick back.

IMO Bill is treating Jeff and Tony just as he wished he had been treated in his other NFL stops.

i give tuna credit for bringing in ji and ts. but im gonna have to say that with as much respect as tuna gets and deserves. this team would follow tony into hell. that is all. i mean, did you see the locker room speech when they won the east? that wreaked of lombardi!!!!!!!! ill scream my homerism from the mountain top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not saying The Tuna did not have to do with our success but he clearly lets the coaches coach and Ireland has been the one making the trades and electing some of the players.

Uh, tell me how much easier do you think TS job was as a rookie HC knowing BP system and having BP presence in practice? The players didn't by into TS the the players knew this was BP baby and if they did things the way they were asked there was a good chance they would succeed. The players also knew BP way meant BP way, you either produce or your gone.

TS walked into this job with a big advantage, now this in no way lessons TS's ability to coach or his contribution to the success of the 08 Dolphins, but you can't deny TS was far better thanks to BP than you can say BP success was far better thanks to TS. You can say all the same things about JI. We won 11 games and the divison more because of BP than anyone or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom