Love Saban Hate Feely????????????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love Saban Hate Feely?????????????

fishfan34 said:
I love how some people are saying that our horrible offensive line will be better purely on the benefit of better coaching.. yet they won't concede the same about A.J. I agree, that our Line will be improved, heck, how can they be worse, but I would be willing to say that between coaching and Ronnie Brown, they will be one of our strongest units... but, I think i'll give A.J. the same benefit.. a better offensive line and a running back opponents have to respect should make A.J.'s job easier..
exactly i really think aj is going to surprise alot of people the kid has the tools he has the strongest arm. i remember the players stating the ball came out alot faster than fiedlers much more velocity just sit back and enjoy we are going to shock some people. :fire:

fishfan34 said:
I love how some people are saying that our horrible offensive line will be better purely on the benefit of better coaching.. yet they won't concede the same about A.J. I agree, that our Line will be improved, heck, how can they be worse, but I would be willing to say that between coaching and Ronnie Brown, they will be one of our strongest units... but, I think i'll give A.J. the same benefit.. a better offensive line and a running back opponents have to respect should make A.J.'s job easier..

i see no reason why we cant have an offense thats at least ranked in the middle of the pack. we definately will have better production out of the tailback spot with Brown and improved coaching at the line. i think its also possible that our DL additions like Roth can help our o-lineman get more competitive. i actually want to hear about scuffles between Roth and some of our soft O-lineman

PatsSuck456 said:
Besides the fact that u mentioned about drafting a QB, no one knows what the **** u just said. Anyaws saban has been adressing the o - line Our running back situation and other needs now. We can only do so much in one off season. If Feely and Ferrotte don't work out then, we WILL get a QB next year.

Oh, I think quite a few have a very good idea what he said, and did it in a very entertaining way.

I think our offense overall will be a pleasant surprise. I mean, I know it's not going out on a limb to say they'll be better, they have no where to go but up, but, Houck, Linehan, these guys will put us in a position to succeed rather than fail. I would still like to see one more WR signed to solidify that #3 spot though. I think that Boston or Az Hakim would make defenses respect our 3 WR set a little more than Thompson, Newson, or Gilbert... Maybe Josh Davis can come in and be a decent posession receiver, but I just want a #3 WR to really make me feel good about this offense..

I think our offense overall will be a pleasant surprise. I mean, I know it's not going out on a limb to say they'll be better, they have no where to go but up, but, Houck, Linehan, these guys will put us in a position to succeed rather than fail. I would still like to see one more WR signed to solidify that #3 spot though. I think that Boston or Az Hakim would make defenses respect our 3 WR set a little more than Thompson, Newson, or Gilmore... Maybe Josh Davis can come in and be a decent posession receiver, but I just want a #3 WR to really make me feel good about this offense..

welderpat said:
Can someone tell me how this is possible?
Saban had every chance to draft some good quarterbacks,he didn't!!
We all know that qb is the most complicated posistion in all of sports,and has the longest learning curve. If he would have thought that feely wasn't the answer why didn't he draft a qb day one? It takes a lot longer to teach a qb than a rb,de,or lb these guys play more on instinct than scheme.
Now I know that a lot of people are going to bring up won loss records,td,s to int,s but that is just stupid. FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other wise for ten years the superbowl would have been Dan Marino against Barry Sanders they were the two most dominate players of theire time, but Marino went to one,and Sanders to none.
Now the absolute two stupidist things in sports are td to int ratio, and the qb rating system, neither one of them take into acount that while one guy is trying to do his job,(throw a football)another guy is doing his job of knocking the Malarkey out of the first guy who was trying to throw the ball. Does anyone here remember how many times our qb,s got the Pennington knocked out of them? Remember Feeely geting slapped on his Losman and going through the roof on the side line? How would you like to be sitting at your'e desk tomorow and have Matt Roth blind side you as hard as he could and make you brady all over youre self? you would have to go to the get some mawaie paper and clean the Herm Edwards off of youre self and then go home and change :eek:

If touchdown to interception ratio is so stupid, then why do the better quarterbacks seem to usually have a good one?

Does a quarterback force the ball or will he throw it away when no one is open?

You have a lot to learn about quarterbacks.

stan marino said:
The work they are doin on our oline, drafting a RB, and putting in a not so conservative offense(compared to last years) i think all Feeley's excuses will be gone...Its put up or shutup time for AJ, much like Kyle Boller this year.

I think your comparison to Boller great, but I think Boller will be given more time if he struggles through the year. I really think Baltimore is a team to contend for the SB, but if Feeley plays average which would be a step up from last season a QB will be drafted, just because Baltimore is a much better team IMO.

Well Boller was picked by his current coaching, and front office staff(and traded up to do so) so yeah of course Boller will have more time. Just his excuses are gone for not being a somewhat successful qb.

BlueFin said:
If touchdown to interception ratio is so stupid, then why do the better quarterbacks seem to usually have a good one?

Does a quarterback force the ball or will he throw it away when no one is open?

You have a lot to learn about quarterbacks.

I know you were very pro-draft a QB. I agree with you 100%, Aj needs to prove during training camp that he's capable of being a starting Qb in the NFL, regardless, every mistake either Gus or AJ makes will turn into fans wanting a QB switch just because if you have 2 qb's trying to earn the starting job, ya really don't have 1 starting QB. I love tha quote. I also think it's ridiculous that everytime someone says something negative about Feeley, they're a Feeley hater, or if they say something good they're a "Feeley-lover," I believe most fans on here want whats best for the Phins, but if someone disagrees about Feeley's ability it does not mean they want the Phins to fail, they just do not seem to believe he's the answer at QB.

AJ beating New England last year was reason enough for me to give him a shot this year. He did what a QB has to do, not fold at crunch time.

Slappy8800 said:
after smith who was a quality QB?

Exactly. Feeley will get a shot and if he can't improve then it's Gus. Frerotte is a solid NFL QB.

There is no relation between liking one person and not liking someone else. That's like saying you like John Doe so you just HAVE to like his brother. I like Saban and I think he is, and will be, a great coach. I do not think much of Feeley. And I think if there were other options realistically available, then Saban would go in another direction. Bottom line is, there wasn't a QB we liked in the draft, trading for one at this point would be too costly, and there have been and will not be any good QBs available via free agency. Saban expects to compete this year, but he also knows that we can't get every position filled at once. QB will come later.

welderpat said:
Let's see mid season me and Feeley might both surprise you :cooldude:

Look, We all realize that the team around a QB will effect his performance, I, like I'm sure all real Dolphin fans, hope AJ improves and becomes a bonafide starter in this league.

My point was that a quarterbacks proficiency numbers are not meaningless. Even in the midst of a bad season like this team had last season a QB can be evaluated in certain aspects of his game, i.e.........decision making, poise etc etc etc.............................

Back
Top Bottom