Love Saban Hate Feely????????????? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love Saban Hate Feely?????????????

BlueFin said:
True, but on the other hand are we so aure Rick Spielman has a good eye for talent? I am certainly not convinced.

Also, Saban and Saban alone made the decisions on this draft, with so many needs I think he simply used the BPA available method for the first four picks(that also coincided with his personal knowledge of the players, which therefore, set his board rankings)...........with Alex Smith going #1, there was never a situation where taking a QB was a value, except possibly with the last two picks which I think were filled with positions of great need.

Its going to take more than one draft and 6 picks to build this team into a champion.

That said, I've stated all along that AJ should get a chance to earn the job this year, I was hoping to draft someone also in case he flopped again, but we can draft one next year.

Yes but Saban must have seen that AJ could be the guy, not he is the guy, but could be, he signed Frerrotte, who we all know is not a l/t solution. If Saban did not see one ounce of potential in AJ to be the future, he would have gotten a qb to develop thru trade or teh draft IMO. With wide spread reports the next 2 drafts may be weaker at the qb than even this year, and his widely reported distaste for trading picks, I dont see Saban waiting on a qb if he doesnt se potential.

islandah said:
Nobody. That's why Saban didn't pick one. Doesn't mean he has undying love of Feeley. You don't replace a Pinto with a Chevette. There were no Ferraris available.

And to me that statement fits Smith as well, although obviously he was the best of the bunch. Not by me, but by the experts. Smith was not a consensus great qb. Many thought he was a great prospect, but just as many thought he had some considerable flaws. That is bith by draft niks and nfl personnel. Basically I agree with your statement, Saban did not see anybody there that he felt would be better than what we had, and at the point where he was slotted to pick, it wasnt worth the risk when compared to what he felt about what else was available at that spot.

I have no idea what the original post is suppossed to mean. I seen someone mention they like the new offense being installed and its do or die for AJ, I agree.

Alxphins said:
First, Saban, it appears, would have taken a quarterback if Alex Smith was available. Second, I am not sure Saban, or anyone else for that matter knows what we have with Feeley. He may be the answer or he may not. There are a few things we know (and I know they have been stated a million times but so be it)

1. He was a third string qb in Philly
2. He played with an inferior supporting cast here
3. His performance was up and down, but overall not very impressing
4. That may have had to do with the o-line, ack of running game and coaching (proabably)
5. He has a good arm and is somewhat mobile
6. He appears to me to be servicable at best and not the type of player that can lead a team and dominate a game
7. In any event, he will get his shot this year

Ultimatley, there will be no more excuses this year and we will find out. I am not one who believes Feeley is the answer -- primarily because the people who brought him in here have a very poor track record in evaluating talent at the QB position and he has done nothing on a consistent basis to demonstrate that he is that good---however that having been said I hope he proves me wrong. But to get to your question --- it is easy to understand why one would like Saban and not Feeley as Feeley represents the Wanny era. Saban also was not going to pick a QB for the hell of it --- they bought in Ferrote in case Feeley does not work out. Hope I am wrong....

Very well put. We'll just all have to wait and see and hope for the best. Some have more and some have less confidence in Feeley, but the stage is set now and we just have to see how it plays out.

Whoever the starting Qb ends up being hopefully will not have to be constantly looking over their shoulder about being pulled. If Aj wins the job great, if he loses it than I think the trade will be a huge mistake. For the long term good of the franchise it would be great if Feeley won the job and played good, but the "Love Saban, Hate Feeley," thing is more about fans being confident in Saban, and having little confidence in Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom