Love Saban Hate Feely????????????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Love Saban Hate Feely?????????????

Personnel people evaluate QB's at a more evolved level than we do. They actually breakdown each play and take into account the blocking, route running by the receivers as well as the ability of the QB to make the throw.
When Spielman decided to trade for Feeley he broke down each of his college games as well as preseason games and regular season games in Philly. He determined that there was an upside, much like Seattle did with Hasslebeck.
Linehan is familiar with Feeley and apparently he and Saban didn't think that QB was as much of a priority as many fans do. Only time will tell.

welderpat said:
Let's see mid season me and Feeley might both surprise you :cooldude:

Oh, and please don't add words to my post when quoting me, your response should be separate from your quote of me, otherwise it might appear to some that I said something I didn't.........thanks in advance.

jlfin said:
Personnel people evaluate QB's at a more evolved level than we do. They actually breakdown each play and take into account the blocking, route running by the receivers as well as the ability of the QB to make the throw.
When Spielman decided to trade for Feeley he broke down each of his college games as well as preseason games and regular season games in Philly. He determined that there was an upside, much like Seattle did with Hasslebeck.
Linehan is familiar with Feeley and apparently he and Saban didn't think that QB was as much of a priority as many fans do. Only time will tell.

True, but on the other hand are we so aure Rick Spielman has a good eye for talent? I am certainly not convinced.

Also, Saban and Saban alone made the decisions on this draft, with so many needs I think he simply used the BPA available method for the first four picks(that also coincided with his personal knowledge of the players, which therefore, set his board rankings)...........with Alex Smith going #1, there was never a situation where taking a QB was a value, except possibly with the last two picks which I think were filled with positions of great need.

Its going to take more than one draft and 6 picks to build this team into a champion.

That said, I've stated all along that AJ should get a chance to earn the job this year, I was hoping to draft someone also in case he flopped again, but we can draft one next year.

BlueFin said:
Oh, and please don't add words to my post when quoting me, your response should be separate from your quote of me, otherwise it might appear to some that I said something I didn't.........thanks in advance.

Youre right about that it didn't come out the way I wanted it to.
So I am deleting it.
While we may disagree I do respect youre right to youre opinion.

welderpat said:
You obviously didn't read it :wink:

I read it too, but it seems like a thousand other threads started...My question about it is that your title is very misleading...Is it YOU that loves Saban and hates Feeley or is it that you don't understand how people can love Saban and hate Feeley..??
Tell us...

fishfan34 said:
I love how some people are saying that our horrible offensive line will be better purely on the benefit of better coaching.. yet they won't concede the same about A.J. I agree, that our Line will be improved, heck, how can they be worse, but I would be willing to say that between coaching and Ronnie Brown, they will be one of our strongest units... but, I think i'll give A.J. the same benefit.. a better offensive line and a running back opponents have to respect should make A.J.'s job easier..

I think an offensive system that makes sense will help AJ as well. Saban might be a little reluctant to let AJ audible until he's sure that AJ has the ability to correctly read defenses, but at least a system that allows the receivers to break off their routes on blitz's would be nice.

welderpat said:
Can someone tell me how this is possible?
Saban had every chance to draft some good quarterbacks,he didn't!!
We all know that qb is the most complicated posistion in all of sports,and has the longest learning curve. If he would have thought that feely wasn't the answer why didn't he draft a qb day one? It takes a lot longer to teach a qb than a rb,de,or lb these guys play more on instinct than scheme.
Now I know that a lot of people are going to bring up won loss records,td,s to int,s but that is just stupid. FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other wise for ten years the superbowl would have been Dan Marino against Barry Sanders they were the two most dominate players of theire time, but Marino went to one,and Sanders to none.
Now the absolute two stupidist things in sports are td to int ratio, and the qb rating system, neither one of them take into acount that while one guy is trying to do his job,(throw a football)another guy is doing his job of knocking the Malarkey out of the first guy who was trying to throw the ball. Does anyone here remember how many times our qb,s got the Pennington knocked out of them? Remember Feeely geting slapped on his Losman and going through the roof on the side line? How would you like to be sitting at your'e desk tomorow and have Matt Roth blind side you as hard as he could and make you brady all over youre self? you would have to go to the get some mawaie paper and clean the Herm Edwards off of youre self and then go home and change :eek:

I saw this thread yesterday but just now read it and I must say I agree with you and that was some wild and wacky stuff. LOL!

Slappy8800 said:
after smith who was a quality QB?

Nobody. That's why Saban didn't pick one. Doesn't mean he has undying love of Feeley. You don't replace a Pinto with a Chevette. There were no Ferraris available.

welderpat said:
Can someone tell me how this is possible?
Saban had every chance to draft some good quarterbacks,he didn't!!
We all know that qb is the most complicated posistion in all of sports,and has the longest learning curve. If he would have thought that feely wasn't the answer why didn't he draft a qb day one? It takes a lot longer to teach a qb than a rb,de,or lb these guys play more on instinct than scheme.
Now I know that a lot of people are going to bring up won loss records,td,s to int,s but that is just stupid. FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other wise for ten years the superbowl would have been Dan Marino against Barry Sanders they were the two most dominate players of theire time, but Marino went to one,and Sanders to none.
Now the absolute two stupidist things in sports are td to int ratio, and the qb rating system, neither one of them take into acount that while one guy is trying to do his job,(throw a football)another guy is doing his job of knocking the Malarkey out of the first guy who was trying to throw the ball. Does anyone here remember how many times our qb,s got the Pennington knocked out of them? Remember Feeely geting slapped on his Losman and going through the roof on the side line? How would you like to be sitting at your'e desk tomorow and have Matt Roth blind side you as hard as he could and make you brady all over youre self? you would have to go to the get some mawaie paper and clean the Herm Edwards off of youre self and then go home and change :eek:

First, Saban, it appears, would have taken a quarterback if Alex Smith was available. Second, I am not sure Saban, or anyone else for that matter knows what we have with Feeley. He may be the answer or he may not. There are a few things we know (and I know they have been stated a million times but so be it)

1. He was a third string qb in Philly
2. He played with an inferior supporting cast here
3. His performance was up and down, but overall not very impressing
4. That may have had to do with the o-line, ack of running game and coaching (proabably)
5. He has a good arm and is somewhat mobile
6. He appears to me to be servicable at best and not the type of player that can lead a team and dominate a game
7. In any event, he will get his shot this year

Ultimatley, there will be no more excuses this year and we will find out. I am not one who believes Feeley is the answer -- primarily because the people who brought him in here have a very poor track record in evaluating talent at the QB position and he has done nothing on a consistent basis to demonstrate that he is that good---however that having been said I hope he proves me wrong. But to get to your question --- it is easy to understand why one would like Saban and not Feeley as Feeley represents the Wanny era. Saban also was not going to pick a QB for the hell of it --- they bought in Ferrote in case Feeley does not work out. Hope I am wrong....

LarryFinFan said:
I read it too, but it seems like a thousand other threads started...My question about it is that your title is very misleading...Is it YOU that loves Saban and hates Feeley or is it that you don't understand how people can love Saban and hate Feeley..??
Tell us...

I don't understand how people can say Saban is the second coming,But when he seems to have atleast some kind of faith in feeley people think he shouldn't.
I think Feeley deserves a shot I don't see any way of judging him from the circus that last year was,But if in the second half of next season he isn't in the top half of the league we do not need another four and a half years of watching someone trying to play a posistion that they just cant play.
Now before anyone gets theire panties in a wad the reason that I say the second half of next year it is a new system,offensive cordinator,head coach and so forth it will take some time for things to come together,hopefully it will.

Wel, well, well. Welderpat strikes again. I happen to know him very well. This is a great example of his really terrific tounge in cheeck humor. It was a blast to read as his posts usually are. Those who don't understand what he said need to take their serious football executive hat off and indulge in the satire. It is very funny and the baic point that was made was that, hey don't judge Feeley on last year and stats. Trust Saban and he will do the right thing. That is right on the money.

Thanks Pat for the laugh!

PS
Those of you who knock grammer and spelling need to get a life. This is a forum of fun about a barbarian sport. It's not a thesis or classic literature. Lighten up, it makes you no better of a person to call people out. I think he got his point across so it is a success.

Ive said it enough Aj will be fine, people STFU about Feeley, search through my posts cuz im sick of typing it

i thought the post was hilarious....i agree about who gives a **** about spelling and grammar... the AFCE players that were added instead of the "bad" words were great.

Saban couldn't even get the guy's name right in interviews. That is NOT a sign that he is sold on him and that he thinks he is the future of this franchise. Saban is FAR from "sold' on feeley. But he needed to do something about that fact in the draft or FA, more so than just signing Frerotte off the ten-cent rack.

BTW, for all you people who think the New England game was the proof of feeley's NFL ability, let me remind you that the quarterback who beat New England that night was TOM BRADY. Brady in fact won the game for Miami because he played more like AJ FEELEY USUALLY DOES than feeley himself did on that ONE SPECIAL occasion. He literally "out-feeleyed" feeley :lol: .

NO WAY is the 2006 QB draft better than 2005. Leinart is IT unless Whitehurst shows considerable improvement. Don't make me laugh about the accuracy or intelligence of vince young translating to the NFL, he is not even effective in college. He's just another slash wannabe athlete posing as a QB.

WE NEED TO TRADE FOR QB if we want anything worthwhile. We seem to be so unalterably opposed to drafting our own guy to develop, we better skip a couple of steps and get one who has 2-3 years of seasoning. Maybe we can be at 8-8 in 2007 if we do that.

TRADE FOR RIVERS, RAMSEY OR BREES

dolphingator said:
Saban couldn't even get the guy's name right in interviews. That is NOT a sign that he is sold on him and that he thinks he is the future of this franchise. Saban is FAR from "sold' on feeley. But he needed to do something about that fact in the draft or FA, more so than just signing Frerotte off the ten-cent rack.

BTW, for all you people who think the New England game was the proof of feeley's NFL ability, let me remind you that the quarterback who beat New England that night was TOM BRADY. Brady in fact won the game for Miami because he played more like AJ FEELEY USUALLY DOES than feeley himself did on that ONE SPECIAL occasion. He literally "out-feeleyed" feeley :lol: .

NO WAY is the 2006 QB draft better than 2005. Leinart is IT unless Whitehurst shows considerable improvement. Don't make me laugh about the accuracy or intelligence of vince young translating to the NFL, he is not even effective in college. He's just another slash wannabe athlete posing as a QB.

WE NEED TO TRADE FOR QB if we want anything worthwhile. We seem to be so unalterably opposed to drafting our own guy to develop, we better skip a couple of steps and get one who has 2-3 years of seasoning. Maybe we can be at 8-8 in 2007 if we do that.

TRADE FOR RIVERS, RAMSEY OR BREES

As far as the Pats game goes sure Brady made mistakes, but Feeley capitilized on them when he had the chance how is that a bad thing? I'm not sold on Feeley, but imo he should get the starting gig from the get go to prove or disprove what we have with him at qb.

Back
Top Bottom