luck is light years ahead of ryan | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

luck is light years ahead of ryan

I was thinking the same thing. The bulk of the deep passes completed in the playoffs have been deep crosses or posts, not straight down the sideline. Tannehill had no trouble with deep crosses or post routes originating from the outside. In addition, the receivers have a lot more opportunity to adjust to the throw. Most of the throws required adjustment by the receiver.

Yep. Tannehill needs to hit those passes and he absolutely has to improve on that. GM Davenport had a very interesting comment about his hip stability and how he can improve the accuracy on those throws by fixing that in his mechanics. So I hope he spends the entire damn offseason working on that. As far as Wallace, if you look at his time in Pittsburgh, he actually did a huge chunk of his damage in the middle of the field or crossing the field, not running down the sideline.

I realize that Brian Hartline is very limited in terms of what he can do in the middle of the field, but that's no excuse not to use Wallace on those kind of routes when he's clearly shown he can be productive running them.

Basically, I just think that our OC sucks at calling plays that his players can be successful running. Yeah, a lot of problems on this team are limitations of the personnel -- that's problem #1. But we could have done more with what we had to work with.

I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck. He's better than Ryan Tannehill. He's going to be the best in the game.

I still like Ryan Tannehill and I think he has tremendous potential. I think part of the reason this team finished 8-8 is that he was able to compensate at times for garbage around him. Not all the time, but at times.

I've watched five Seattle games this season and I'll even give you this one: I think Ryan Tannehill is better than Russell Wilson.

I dont watch nor have watched a lot of NFC games to judge Russel but knew and know why Luck went #1 .We are talking about 3 young QB's that are going to frequent the playoffs more than not. I will watch every play off game.

Ryans led offense seemed to struggle for a variety of reasons this season from the get go. Youth/inexperience, leg shackled to stay in the pocket.Bland play calling at crucial times,erratic offensive line,the worse I've ever witnessed, garbage running game / running philosophy.We were lucky to hit 8-8 and most of that was from Ryan.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

i said this yesterday...work more vertical crossers in a kubiak like system...hell we dont work vertical to the middle of the field at all...instead we work the boundary which means the placement must be very good not much margin for error to either side...

this damn team i tell ya...little motion no step back pa on the zone read vs the stay at home de no rub routes or picks no tempo to wear out the opposition...crap calls on short yardage...meanwhile drew brees all 6 ft of him is moving the chains in short yardage on qb sneaks til the cows came home last night...

bunch of damn dumbasses

There are a few holes in Shermans game, I'd be the first in line to dump half if not 3/4 of the west coast offense.

I dont watch nor have watched a lot of NFC games to judge Russel but knew and know why Luck went #1 .We are talking about 3 young QB's that are going to frequent the playoffs more than not. I will watch every play off game.

Ryans led offense seemed to struggle for a variety of reasons this season from the get go. Youth/inexperience, leg shackled to stay in the pocket.Bland play calling at crucial times,erratic offensive line,the worse I've ever witnessed, garbage running game / running philosophy.We were lucky to hit 8-8 and most of that was from Ryan.

Nobody wants to argue with Wilson's results but he's been very bad in several games this year (take a look at Ryan Tannehill's 3-4 worst games. Wilson was about that bad in 3-4 of his own games) but he also has the #1 defense and #1 running game in football.

We're talking about a team that literally only beat 2-14 Houston because Matt Schaub threw a pick-six while leading by 7 points with like a minute to play. Wilson was godawful in that game.

Another thing nobody wants to talk about with Wilson is that he takes a bunch of sacks that he basically just walks right into. You think Tannehill has bad pocket presence? You want to talk about Wilson's amazing escapability? Pick any four Seattle Seahawks games from this year, and watch every Wilson dropback. Just watch 'em. You tell me you still think he's got elite pocket presence. Incidentally, do the same for Andrew Luck. Luck is unreal.

i said this yesterday...work more vertical crossers in a kubiak like system...hell we dont work vertical to the middle of the field at all...instead we work the boundary which means the placement must be very good not much margin for error to either side...

this damn team i tell ya...little motion no step back pa on the zone read vs the stay at home de no rub routes or picks no tempo to wear out the opposition...crap calls on short yardage...meanwhile drew brees all 6 ft of him is moving the chains in short yardage on qb sneaks til the cows came home last night...

bunch of damn dumbasses

Every time I read a post like this(along with what was posted in the fire Sherman thread) it make my blood boil. People will defend Sherman that he doesn't have the players, but we how come we can go no-huddle near end of halves etc and move the ball etc.? Sherman's play book seemed so limited, at least try some mis-directions etc.

On another note where is that Thill is better than Dalton thread?

we worked more vertical crossers off pa last year with hartline and bess than we did with wallace added this year...to be honest i don't recall one...it's bs

especially when every damn safety in the league is scared to death of his ability to eat up cushion and invade their space and blow by...been saying it since the season ended we left a lot of meat on the bone playbook potential wise with what we showed this year...could have done a ton more with the qb and skill players...

couldn't even work vertical off anything other than pa cause the protection could not be trusted...and the entire league knew it

Every time I read a post like list (along with what was posted in the fire Sherman thread) it make my blood boil. People will defend Sherman that he doesn't have the players, but we how come we can go no-huddle near end of halves etc and move the ball etc.? Sherman's play book seemed so limited, at least try some mis-directions etc.

On another note where is that Thill is better than Dalton thread?

Dalton sucks and as I mentioned in another thread, Jay Gruden needs to do what he did when he was a head coach in the Arena League. Bench his QB and put himself on the roster to do it himself. Dalton BLOWS.

In other words: None of it was his fault. Ok.

If he throws those 3 picks against the patriots, he loses and we dont even bring this up.

It was his fault that he missed most of the go routes to Wallace. There was at least one where the problem was play design, and a couple where Wallace simply refused to attack the football, but mostly it was Tannehill's fault.

But the awful pass protection that resulted in a franchise record number of sacks wasn't his fault. The fact that we ran the ball less than all but one other team wasn't his fault. The fact that we kept calling stretch plays to Daniel Thomas on 3rd and 1 instead of QB sneaks wasn't his fault. Unless you think he should have kept overriding the play calls, I guess.

As I see it, Dolphins fans right now fall into basically one of two camps:

1. Ryan Tannehill helped this offense to overcome a lot of its deficiencies by playing fairly well.
2. Ryan Tannehill wasn't very good and was a burden on the offense.

These two positions are usually simplified into "NONE OF IT WAS HIS FAULT LOL" or "HENNEHILL," respectively. I believe that the facts fit theory #1.

Whats the first part of the quote say? It says youth / inexperience...get better glasses or drink less alcohol.

But then again you being a broken record only read and see what you want.:up:

Ya, Tannehill didn't have any come from behind wins this year or go up and beat Luck head to head. That s*** didn't happen at all!

Whats the first part of the quote say? It says youth / inexperience...get better glasses or drink less alcohol.

But then again you being a broken record only read and see what you want.:up:

You were talking about the offense in general in the previous sentence, and didn't specify Tannehill in the following one.

Nobody wants to argue with Wilson's results but he's been very bad in several games this year (take a look at Ryan Tannehill's 3-4 worst games. Wilson was about that bad in 3-4 of his own games) but he also has the #1 defense and #1 running game in football.

We're talking about a team that literally only beat 2-14 Houston because Matt Schaub threw a pick-six while leading by 7 points with like a minute to play. Wilson was godawful in that game.

Another thing nobody wants to talk about with Wilson is that he takes a bunch of sacks that he basically just walks right into. You think Tannehill has bad pocket presence? You want to talk about Wilson's amazing escapability? Pick any four Seattle Seahawks games from this year, and watch every Wilson dropback. Just watch 'em. You tell me you still think he's got elite pocket presence. Incidentally, do the same for Andrew Luck. Luck is unreal.

I agree with you on Wilson to an extent.

I think we are looking at 3 very different QB's when it comes to pocket awareness, and extending plays. Which I find to be a HUUUUUGE factor in franchise QB's, and something I think RT is missing, and not because the OC "wont let me him leave the pocket".

You have Luck: The most polished, and great awareness, steps up in the pocket, byes himself time, and runs when he needs too. Honestly, he's just legit in this aspect of his game. And along with the other things he is diong right, it's not hard to see that guy has "it", and is going to be a franchise QB, and possible one of the greatest all time if he continues on this trajectory.

Then you have Wilson: The sacks he takes are a product of his game, because he is a scrambling QB. Not the ideal pocket awareness I would like to see, but it's still better then Ryans. I think wilson expects pressure or a spy on every play because of his play style. I'd still rather have his pocket awareness then Ryans. I"m still out on Wilson as to if he will be successful franchise QB. But I think he has the "in game look" of a QB that's figuring it out and taking steps forward. I think he has bought himself more time then Ryan because at the end of the day, he gets his team where it needs to go. I understand he is riding a GREAT defense.

Then you have RT: The guy most games just doesn't seem to sense/feel the rush, and doesn't extend plays. If he would just show this, I would have more faith in him. If he showed improvement. But I don't ever see it. I see the occasional game where it seems better, then 4 in a row where he doesn't get it. And in year 2, I shouldn't see this.

I really really hope Ryan proves me wrong, because i'm tired of resetting and rebuilding. But I don't think we are going to see it next year. And I think that when this thing really gets blown up.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Ya, Tannehill didn't have any come from behind wins this year or go up and beat Luck head to head. That s*** didn't happen at all!

Do you believe RT could have made the mistakes that Luck made yesterday and dug his team out of it?

Do those come from behind wins matter since we are sitting at home?

Does Ryan play defense against luck? I don't care if the dolphins beat the colts. That doesn't mean RT is better then Luck, or Luck is better then RT.

Russell Wilson may have had about as many bad games as Tannehill, but his good games were greater in number and much better on average.

Back
Top Bottom