luck is light years ahead of ryan | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

luck is light years ahead of ryan

miami goes full no huddle you will get more 30 point games from the qb...lucks scoring more cause they have gone full no huddle and put the game in the qbs hands...

miami needs to do the same...if a qbs presnap reads are really damn good then shred people with em off tempo...

again i'm taking names of all the haters and gonna shove it up all your rears when the time comes...:lol:

I really doubt you are going to be able to based on the lack of progress ryan showed as far as an in game qb. I hope I'm wrong. Bit I really doubt I am.

Even more disturbing that Philbin didn't step in. I can't wait to see RT with an offensive staff that has creativity and adjusts to the flow of the game.

Well, on one hand, I like the fact that Philbin believes he should manage the team and overall strategy, but let the coordinators do their own thing. I like that he is not trying to micromanage every aspect of the team. IMO, his approach is a good one.

The problem is that his offensive coordinator just isn't doing a good job, and he won't can him because the man is his friend and mentor. I understand that, it's human nature. But it's a real problem. Again, you keep doing something that's not working -- it's obviously not working -- instead of maybe doing more of the things that HAVE worked the few times you've done them.

More examples:

1. Bubble screens to Mike Wallace. We lost yards on these more than we gained yards. It's obvious we struggled to block them. Why keep calling them?
2. Stretch play to Daniel Thomas. It worked ONCE. Okay, great. How about the other ten or fifteen times?
3. QB sneak. IT WORKED WHEN WE USED IT. How come we never used it?
4. Naked bootleg. I've seen us run a naked boot exactly ONCE during the 2 years Tannehill has been the starter. We scored an easy touchdown. Have not seen it since on goal line or short yardage. Inexcusable.
5. Roll-out pass plays. These were good plays for us once we got McKinnie and Tannehill wasn't crushed from behind by Martin's man (as in the Saints game). Why didn't we try this during the Bills or Jets games more? Hurr, I don't know.

I really doubt you are going to be able to based on the lack of progress ryan showed as far as an in game qb. I hope I'm wrong. Bit I really doubt I am.

if you dont think he made progress i think i already know what i need to...

I like everything I see in Luck except his bull frog voice.But guess what he's on another team and I like a lot of what I see in Tannehill. Luck had his struggles this season,so did Ryan.Neither are a finished product .

i never said he would be anything i'm putting my neck out on tannehill like i have so really get over it...but yeah i am saving a special suck it for you...hopefully they will have banned you by then
For what? Not bowing down to you as the omniscient being you obviously need everyone to see you as? :lol:

I like everything I see in Luck except his bull frog voice.But guess what he's on another team and I like a lot of what I see in Tannehill. Luck had his struggles this season,so did Ryan.Neither are a finished product .

I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck. He's better than Ryan Tannehill. He's going to be the best in the game.

I still like Ryan Tannehill and I think he has tremendous potential. I think part of the reason this team finished 8-8 is that he was able to compensate at times for garbage around him. Not all the time, but at times.

I've watched five Seattle games this season and I'll even give you this one: I think Ryan Tannehill is better than Russell Wilson.

yeah...that's it...all your theories blow up in your face...go bother someone else
I don't operate in the land of theory, unlike you whose "vision" alone told you Chad Henne would be successful.

if you dont think he made progress i think i already know what i need to...

Its not thay he has shown no progress. But in areas of a franchise qb. I think he has shown no progress. Amd these are the areas I wanted to see progress. Not in his stats alone. But in game qb'ing. Pocket awareness and accuracy namely. And I feel his decision making is inconsistant. Some games great and others terrible. Without showing signs of leveling out to somethibg more consistant. In todays nfl the progression rate of real franchise qbs is faster. And I don't see tbat from ryan. I see the gap gettinf bigger between him and luck, wilson, and even foles. I understand his team isn't great. But we should be seeing more.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Henne is still playing in the NFL....is he not?

Yea he is doing great. I'm sure you loved henne too. Also not a franchise qb. Wont be long before ryan takes over in jville for henne

Its not thay he has shown no progress. But in areas of a franchise qb. I think he has shown no progress. Amd these are the areas I wanted to see progress. Not in his stats alone. But in game qb'ing. Pocket awareness and accuracy namely. And I feel his decision making is inconsistant. Some games great and others terrible. Without showing signs of leveling out to somethibg more consistant. In todays nfl the progression rate of real franchise qbs is faster. And I don't see tbat from ryan. I see the gap gettinf bigger between him and luck, wilson, and even foles. I understand his team isn't great. But we should be seeing more.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Yea he is doing great. I'm sure you loved henne too. Also not a franchise qb. Wont be long before ryan takes over in jville for henne

nick foles??? the guy who's eye level drops anytime there is pressure...talk about a system qb...he's got probably the best oline in freaking football...athletically for sure he does...you guys can have him

By the way speaking of what the Colts have tried to do with Hilton, it really bothers me that we didn't run Wallace more in the slot, more in motion, and more on crossing and post routes.

It should have been obvious halfway through the season that Tannehill and Wallace were struggling to hook up on the go route, while the two or three times they actually TRIED running a deep crossing route off of play action, they hooked up for big gains. It's just bizarre to me what Sherman was doing sometimes.

I was thinking the same thing. The bulk of the deep passes completed in the playoffs have been deep crosses or posts, not straight down the sideline. Tannehill had no trouble with deep crosses or post routes originating from the outside. In addition, the receivers have a lot more opportunity to adjust to the throw. Most of the throws required adjustment by the receiver.

I don't operate in the land of theory, unlike you whose "vision" alone told you Chad Henne would be successful.

well i guess if you got one thing on me in all this time you might as well throw it out there...surprised no mention of my love for mark ingram as a prospect...the land you operate in is la la

now go bait someone else with your crap

well i guess if you got one thing on me in all this time you might as well throw it out there...surprised no mention of my love for mark ingram as a prospect...the land you operate in is la la

now go bait someone else with your crap

Not sure why you allow yourself to get worked up and engage with people like him and junk.

I was thinking the same thing. The bulk of the deep passes completed in the playoffs have been deep crosses or posts, not straight down the sideline. Tannehill had no trouble with deep crosses or post routes originating from the outside. In addition, the receivers have a lot more opportunity to adjust to the throw. Most of the throws required adjustment by the receiver.

i said this yesterday...work more vertical crossers in a kubiak like system...hell we dont work vertical to the middle of the field at all...instead we work the boundary which means the placement must be very good not much margin for error to either side...

this damn team i tell ya...little motion no step back pa on the zone read vs the stay at home de no rub routes or picks no tempo to wear out the opposition...crap calls on short yardage...meanwhile drew brees all 6 ft of him is moving the chains in short yardage on qb sneaks til the cows came home last night...

bunch of damn dumbasses

Back
Top Bottom