Luke Falk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luke Falk

I disagree bro. He’s had a bad year this year, even when we were winning he was worse than where he was in 2016. But he’s better than any alternative out there, with the possible exception of Bridgewater. QB options for next year are slim to none. I think we stick with Tanne next year and shoot for a replacement in 2020.

Yep, I think they go after Teddy hard. RT may return but he will have competition and if he is healthy, I expect him to win back his starting job.
This is what some fans fail to get. Even if you bring in an alternative, that alternative has to beat out RT for the starting position and that is not easy at all.

Yep, I think they go after Teddy hard. RT may return but he will have competition and if he is healthy, I expect him to win back his starting job.
This is what some fans fail to get. Even if you bring in an alternative, that alternative has to beat out RT for the starting position and that is not easy at all.
Maybe if they brought in a QB with some talent for a change it would be easy to beat out RT. Maybe if the coach would stop handing him the job it would be easy. There's nothing special about RT at all, he needs legitimate competition for a change.

I dont understand the love for Teddy Bridgewater at all.
Me neither he’s one injury away from retirement with that knee. If everyone’s worried about Tannehill being injury prone why the hell would the team go in that direction again.

Maybe if they brought in a QB with some talent for a change it would be easy to beat out RT. Maybe if the coach would stop handing him the job it would be easy. There's nothing special about RT at all, he needs legitimate competition for a change.

That new QB has to come in, learn the playbook and nail the timing down with WRs he isn't familiar with. You think that is easy vs a guy who is in year 3 in this system and has chemistry with the receivers? OK.

Fully agree.

Gase was stupid to declare Tanny the starter, as if it was his God given right. It has to be a competition. Light a fire under his a**

That new QB has to come in, learn the playbook and nail the timing down with WRs he isn't familiar with. You think that is easy vs a guy who is in year 3 in this system and has chemistry with the receivers? OK.
Good point, but take my point as well.....Ryan Damn Tannehill needs competition in the worse way. You don't want to bring in a QB in the middle of the season because of chemistry...point taken, but you had better bring one in after the season, draft one, spend money on a FA or even the CFL I don't care, but handing a job to a QB year after year especially one that hasn't proven to be a winner is setting yourself up for failure...we've all been watching you know this better than I. RT has gotten the benefit of the doubt, (from me) Oline, hurricanes, snorting coaches even the owner has taken it up the a$$….make him earn his starting position just like every other player...then we'll talk.

I disagree bro. He’s had a bad year this year, even when we were winning he was worse than where he was in 2016. But he’s better than any alternative out there, with the possible exception of Bridgewater. QB options for next year are slim to none. I think we stick with Tanne next year and shoot for a replacement in 2020.

He really isnt. The team pays him and takes massive cap hits for a guy that plays a few games, gets whacked and rides the bench due to injury. He needs to go be a burden on another team. Osweiler's stats are pretty much equal to Tannehill without the massive salary and cap hits. He sucks too, but no point in paying someone to sit on the bench.

I liked Falk a lot coming out. I watched him outplay Darnald last year when they went up vs each other. I thought he was a notch below the top QBs. But due to the fact that he fell to the 6th it's pretty clear I don't know squat when it comes to evaluating a QB

Didn't Tommy boy fall to the 6th? That turned out ok for the Pats I guess

I haven’t looked at him since the pre-draft stuff but from what I recall he looked like he made quick decisions (indicating good pre-snap ability) and the ball snapped out fast and accurately. Problems were that his arm strength isn’t great and he’s fairly unathletic. But, unlike some guys with weaker arms, his deep ball was still accurate. Some guys with weaker arms lose all accuracy downfield. I came away feeling like he could be a decent backup.

I don’t know if Matt Barkley is a comp but, since he’s on his sixth team, I hope Falk is better.

I wouldn't put all your hopes and dreams in Luke Falk being a Savior.

Back
Top Bottom