Lynn Bowden Article-really good | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

I think he will be fighting for the 6th spot on the WR Corp. Parker, Fuller, Waddle will be the top three and Wilson and Williams will likely be the 4th and 5th WR’s. That puts Bowden fighting to make the 53 man roster against every other WR now on the roster.
I like Bowden and think he could be an effective player for the Dolphins over the next few years but the numbers seem to be against him getting much playing time in 2021, if he does make the final roster.
I agree. I like Bowden, but really we are talking about a 5th or 6th receiver. If he gets a lot of touches, that means Miami probably had injuries at wide receiver.

I think he will be fighting for the 6th spot on the WR Corp. Parker, Fuller, Waddle will be the top three and Wilson and Williams will likely be the 4th and 5th WR’s. That puts Bowden fighting to make the 53 man roster against every other WR now on the roster.
I like Bowden and think he could be an effective player for the Dolphins over the next few years but the numbers seem to be against him getting much playing time in 2021, if he does make the final roster.
So you don't see the last WR being primarily a ST cover/gunner type guy?

That's where I have my own internal debate at the moment over that final spot.

It's possible to roster 7, but I don't see that as likely either.

It's also possible we use a few of our eleventeen depth DBs on specials, rather than a reciever.

Too bad he doesn’t have the speed or moves of Hill. I see Waddle as the Dolphins comparison to Hill. I give Bowden all the credit in the world for putting in the time and effort to improve his receiving skills. Yet at this time I see him as no better than the 6th WR on the roster.
Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson, and Williams are all better than Bowden. I think Hurns is better than Bowden but they might decide to keep Bowden over Hurns simply because Hurns cost a lot more than Bowden.

I just don’t see Bowden getting much playing time in 2021 unless the Dolphins are once again hit with several injuries to the WR Corp or he excels on special teams.

Bowden could make that 2nd year leap

Back
Top Bottom