Lynn Bowden Article-really good | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

Gruden.......no other explanation.
I want to think that, because I like Mayock... but he is part of a team there, so he's got to bear part of the responsibility.

I guess if Ruggs and Leatherwood take off, then I'll eat these words... but I have my doubts.

I'd keep him over Grant and Hurns. As far as Wilson it'd depend on how healthy is he and how the team feels about him opting out last year and would he opt out as some point but Wilson is a better playmaker than Bowden due to his speed. I have nothing against keeping Bowden, it's a matter of keeping the best group possible.
Bowden ran a 4.44 and Wilson ran a 4.43 back in college. Almost EXACTLY the same speed IF Wilson is still that fast, which I doubt. Bowden is much more electric than Wilson with the ball in his hands, has more room for growth, and cost MUCH less. I think Bowden is WR 5 and Wilson is the one fighting for a roster spot.

So much wrong with that, but let's start with Wilson is not PS eligible to begin with, and even if he were, you don't carry a 3 million dollar hit there.

Second thing, Grant is not even in the same time zone, let alone area code as Fuller as a reciever.
Let me explain then.
Waddle is younger faster version of Wilson.
Fuller is as fast as Grant and Grants game is about speed.
Bowden and Perry offer the exact same solutions at the reciever position both bring the wildcat of option to the table and Bowden is a superior version.
Hollins and Hurns are both huge reciever targets but Hollins plays ST and Hurns does not.
Williams and Parker like Bowden and Perry offer the same solutions at WR. Both get IR, Williams though is younger and much cheaper.
Parker and then Wilson in that order have the best option of sticking.
I would attempt to keep Perry by stashing him on the practice squad

I have a neuroinflammtory disorder that went undiagnosed for years. Bc doctors couldn't find any answer, the answer obviously had to be psychological. It would have hurt their bloated egos to admit they didn't know the answer.

That is how I learned how quick psychiatrists are to experiment on your brain with any drug in their toolbox.

Obviously it makes sense they are all 100% qualified to give you mind altering chemicals after a 30 minute discussion. And the ADD test can't possibly have any inherent flaws. No, they're methods are foolproof.

Would be great if we had diagnostic tests to actually measure neurotransmitter activity in the brain. But we don't.

After injuring your knee, would any of u guys feel comfortable jumping into surgery after filling out a questionnaire and having a short discussion with the doctor? No x-rays or MRI's. That's the equivalent of what's happening here, but with your brain.

And do the drugs permanently change your brain chemistry even after you're off them? We don't know. And enjoy getting off some of the truly addictive ones.

I was diagnosed as having bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ADD, ect (It's sad how long I could keep going). But it was all BS. Everything they did made me sicker.

In reality my entire brain and nervous system was physically on fire. Best day of my life was when it was confirmed with a fMRI scan. Haven't touched a psych med ever since.

I'm not anti-psychiatry. Many people do need these meds. But I also feel the approach we employ is flawed. It is extremely lax and does not take the potential for harm seriously enough.

If Bowden felt the diagnoses was correct and was comfortable taking the drugs, no problem. But to have your employer try to force you to take psychiatric meds you don't want without a damn good reason is pretty reprehensible IMO.

Good for Bowden for standing up for himself. I wish I had done the same when I was around his age.

Last edited:
That whole situation with the Raiders was FUBAR. IDK if it was just beat writers bull$hit speculation, or the organization putting out bull$hit info, for whatever twisted reasoning. It almost seems they were setting him up for failure.

Is it just me, or does sending a guy to a doctor 3 hrs away seem odd?

100% seems weird...

But does anyone else not find this loophole shocking?

"Here... take this ADHD medicine coupled with your HGH shots and we're in the ****ing CLEAR!! Now, go rip someones head off and we'll give you a fat bonus as a result."

Is that far fetched?

I never posted link so I don't know if I did this correct. But great article on Bowden and the trade from Raiders.
I wonder how fast he really is?

what similarities do you see between wilson, hurns and grant (other than all being WR on the dolphins) that you can just ask a question like that about the three of them as a group?
I guess that they are all fighting for one of the last WR spots That will be available on the roster, I guess that’s what they have in common? Any of them could be cut or win that last spot, although I wouldn’t bet on Grant just because of his hands unless he proves that perception wrong in camp.

I don't know if this has been posted already. If so, feel free to merge or remove.

It's a long article very well worth reading, imo. I hope Lynn becomes a star with our beloved Dolphins.

Yah, right here

I really like what I believe will be this guys role on the team. He’s a little different skill set than the rest of the guys. Reminds me a little bit of Randall Cobb. Would love to see that comparison stats wise obviously.

All I know is he made some people look stupid with some of his runs. Would love to see what he can do in more open space.

I think he will be fighting for the 6th spot on the WR Corp. Parker, Fuller, Waddle will be the top three and Wilson and Williams will likely be the 4th and 5th WR’s. That puts Bowden fighting to make the 53 man roster against every other WR now on the roster.
I like Bowden and think he could be an effective player for the Dolphins over the next few years but the numbers seem to be against him getting much playing time in 2021, if he does make the final roster.

All I know is he made some people look stupid with some of his runs. Would love to see what he can do in more open space.
He averaged 4 yards after the catch last year. So I am not exactly sure how he made anyone look stupid with that YAC average.

I think he will be fighting for the 6th spot on the WR Corp. Parker, Fuller, Waddle will be the top three and Wilson and Williams will likely be the 4th and 5th WR’s. That puts Bowden fighting to make the 53 man roster against every other WR now on the roster.
I like Bowden and think he could be an effective player for the Dolphins over the next few years but the numbers seem to be against him getting much playing time in 2021, if he does make the final roster.
I agree except it probably would be a bad idea to keep a 7th wr on the roster... yes I know that sounds somewhat ridiculous, but Parker, Williams, Wilson, and Fuller are all injury prone. Or maybe they dont Carey that many injury prone guys and Wilson is the one to get dropped... idk.

Back
Top Bottom