Lynn Bowden Article-really good | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

Too bad he doesn’t have the speed or moves of Hill. I see Waddle as the Dolphins comparison to Hill. I give Bowden all the credit in the world for putting in the time and effort to improve his receiving skills. Yet at this time I see him as no better than the 6th WR on the roster.
Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson, and Williams are all better than Bowden. I think Hurns is better than Bowden but they might decide to keep Bowden over Hurns simply because Hurns cost a lot more than Bowden.

I just don’t see Bowden getting much playing time in 2021 unless the Dolphins are once again hit with several injuries to the WR Corp or he excels on special teams.
Agreed w/ this. I'd keep wilson because he was previously decent, and those could be the top 6. I hope we can get anything for Jakeem. Bowden can return punts

Too bad he doesn’t have the speed or moves of Hill. I see Waddle as the Dolphins comparison to Hill. I give Bowden all the credit in the world for putting in the time and effort to improve his receiving skills. Yet at this time I see him as no better than the 6th WR on the roster.
Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Wilson, and Williams are all better than Bowden. I think Hurns is better than Bowden but they might decide to keep Bowden over Hurns simply because Hurns cost a lot more than Bowden.

I just don’t see Bowden getting much playing time in 2021 unless the Dolphins are once again hit with several injuries to the WR Corp or he excels on special teams.
I like your picks for wr. Most seem to think wilson is gone

Also, how many smaller WR's can we carry? Waddle is in and Wilson should be in if he's healthy. The last spot is for a ST's player so Hollins or Roberts could end up with that last spot but it also depends on how many we carry as far as WR's,TE's and RB's
Bowden isn't tall (5'11), but he isn't 5'9-5'9.5 like Wilson and Waddle. He also has average weight for a WR at 204 lbs.

I know a lot of people aren't as high on him as I am. But he just potentially brings such a unique skillset. And his best attribute as a receiver is his yac ability, which matches Tua's skillset.

In every conversation about Iggy, it's always brought up that he only ever played 2 years at CB before last year. Well the same was true for Bowden at WR. And he spent his training camp playing RB for another team.

We have Parker, Preston, and Gesicki (essentially a WR). Plus other big receiving options at TE, especially if Long works out. I don't think we're really lacking in size.

But yes, Bowden was very raw and limited last year. If he doesn't show improvement in camp, I'm fine if other guys beat him out for the job. After watching our team last year, I'd just be happy we actually have enough weapons that we don't have room for him. I just don't take cutting him quite as lightly as some do.

With health our WR strength is it's depth. We don't have a top 10 #1 by most people's accounts, including mine. (Of course I hope Fuller, Parker, or Waddle can become top 10, they certainly can). But Fuller and Waddle make good #2 and #3. And IMO Wilson and Bowden can be tremendous as #5 and 6.

Bowden isn't tall (5'11), but he isn't 5'9-5'9.5 like Wilson and Waddle. He also has average weight for a WR at 204 lbs.

I know a lot of people aren't as high on him as I am. But he just potentially brings such a unique skillset. And his best attribute as a receiver is his yac ability, which matches Tua's skillset.

In every conversation about Iggy, it's always brought up that he only ever played 2 years at CB before last year. Well the same was true for Bowden at WR. And he spent his training camp playing RB for another team.

We have Parker, Preston, and Gesicki (essentially a WR). Plus other big receiving options at TE, especially if Long works out. I don't think we're really lacking in size.

But yes, Bowden was very raw and limited last year. If he doesn't show improvement in camp, I'm fine if other guys beat him out for the job. After watching our team last year, I'd just be happy we actually have enough weapons that we don't have room for him. I just don't take cutting him quite as lightly as some do.
Bowden will get the first crack at the job. His age and cost, plus the fact we traded the equivalent of a 5th round pick to obtain him.

All the vets have the fact that they ARE vets working against them. We KNOW who they are, we KNOW that right now is as good as they will ever be... and they are older, cost more, and more injury prone because of this.

He was a REALLY amazing player in space, in college... against good teams. Waddle-lite.

Bowden will def be on the opening day roster. No way we keep Wilson and Grant with their salaries. I like what Bowden can do after the catch

I do not claim to be an expert on any position in football. However, I really think people are sleeping on Bowden some. He was a rookie last year, coming over late in an already abbreviated off season, and is very new to the WR position in general. When he played he flashed with his ability to make people miss, and I don’t remember him dropping a pass all season. I definitely don’t see Hill in his game, but I definitely see a potential Landry if he develops. Then again the WR core was so bad at the end of the year, maybe it didn’t take much to see one of them flash.
His average pass reception from the line of scrimmage last season was just 5 yards down field and his YAC was 4 yards. These are not numbers that are going to worry defensive backs in the NFL. Obviously he was still learning the position and he hopefully will be drastically improved as a WR going into training camp. Yet I still see him fighting for the 6th spot at the WR position because there are clearly 5 better WR’s ahead of him.

Also last year Bowden appeared to be better than Perry but Perry was also just learning to play the WR position too. So it is going to be interesting to see if Perry can catch up with and surpass Bowden at the WR position.

Predraft I fell in love with this dude..just a few notes

“I think and a hope Bowden Jr will be a dolphin..just a mid to later round pick,
take that kid and see what Gailey can do.Smaller but strong and very tough, wildcat executioner who can throw some, receiver, returner, playmaker,dog”

“Guess who led the nation in Ypc with over 150 carries?..in the Sec..”

“The kid that needs to be a dolphin..Lynn Bowden Jr...7.9 YPC.”

He’s gonna be a real good football player for us at a steal of a price, perfect fit for Flores to teach and mentor..

Absolutely ecstatic he’s a dolphin.

Lynn Bowden plays wingback, I think.

I know that it is an archaic term, but I think it is the closest to being correct.

The Raiders wanted to list him as a Running Back, everyone else sees him as a slot. A Running back lined up out wide is a wingback.

Perry is the same.

Flores seems to want one.

His average pass reception from the line of scrimmage last season was just 5 yards down field and his YAC was 4 yards. These are not numbers that are going to worry defensive backs in the NFL. Obviously he was still learning the position and he hopefully will be drastically improved as a WR going into training camp. Yet I still see him fighting for the 6th spot at the WR position because there are clearly 5 better WR’s ahead of him.

Also last year Bowden appeared to be better than Perry but Perry was also just learning to play the WR position too. So it is going to be interesting to see if Perry can catch up with and surpass Bowden at the WR position.
I definitely agree that he needs to improve a lot this coming year, but I could see the potential he has from his play last season. It’s a good problem for us that a player with talent and potential might not be good enough to make this team. Definitely a welcomed change from previous rosters. However, I don’t see him getting cut for a Hollins or Foster type ST player. I think he will be the 6th receiver and if they want a ST player like Hollins they will figure out a way to have 7 receivers. I like Perry, but I didn’t see the flashes from him like I did from Bowden. You provided good stats to show Bowden wasn’t very good, but something about him looked different when he had the ball in his hands. To me he stood out for some reason.

I hope we keep Wilson and Bowden.

I think Wilson might have a shot to be back to 2018 Wilson which was our best player. So long ago and different team. But we were all saying how we loved Wilson after bears game then he hurts hip against lions.

Parker Williams waddle fuller Wilson Bowden Thats 6. I thought we keep 7 but we have a lot of tight ends and I think we keep 4 tight ends. Plus gesicki plays slot.

perry latte gets on practice squad

I think hurns and grant are gone.

I don’t want grant at wideout but I love him as returner. Plus I don’t want to use waddle or Holland as returner because I don’t want to expose to injury.

hurms prob is gone.

but injuries could always change things.

I would love to see

parker Williams fuller waddle and Wilson all on field if line can hold up In protection.
Trent differ says tua is very good in 4 or 5 wides

sprinkle in some Bowden.

I just hope Bowden doesn’t get frustrated with lack of playing time early. He will have a role. Seems like great kid who overcame a lot.
I grew up hour away from Youngstown . He really overcame a lot. I never knew he was from there.

Id bet anything he isn’t getting cut..

he will have to compete for reps in the slot, gadget plays and some short yardage wildcat I can see.

This dude is one of the most competitive players on the team..he ain’t going anywhere Imo.

Waddle equals Wilson
Williams equals Parker
Hollins equals Hurns
Fuller equals Grant
Bowden equals Perry
Parker is best chance to stick then Wilson and Perry to PT

Back
Top Bottom