Lynn Bowden Article-really good | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lynn Bowden Article-really good

Not to sound negative but he should be fighting for the 6th WR spot on the team unless they keep 7. Nothing against him but the WR is pretty loaded now IF everybody stays healthy.

if its between Hurns and Bowden then its not even close, give me Bowden. I actually would rather have Bowden over Albert Wilson as well. And Grant can go kick rocks elsewhere already.

what similarities do you see between wilson, hurns and grant (other than all being WR on the dolphins) that you can just ask a question like that about the three of them as a group?
All 3 are different imo. Hurns is a bigger guy. Wilson has the speed and quickness. Grant has speed but bad hands plus he's such a small target that it's hard to get him the ball, specially since he doesn't have good hands. Some people think we should keep him as a return man. I'm not one of those. He'll make one or two plays a year but he also makes bad decisions plus you gotta hold your breath every time he's going to catch a punt.

All 3 are different imo. Hurns is a bigger guy. Wilson has the speed and quickness. Grant has speed but bad hands plus he's such a small target that it's hard to get him the ball, specially since he doesn't have good hands. Some people think we should keep him as a return man. I'm not one of those. He'll make one or two plays a year but he also makes bad decisions plus you gotta hold your breath every time he's going to catch a punt.
My main point was that healthy Wilson is a really good player.

The other two, not so much.

Discussing the three of them as a group does not make that distinction.

That was an outstanding article... very well written.

Now, this does not mean that it was all true, but it sure made me hope that it was... and is.

If Bowden can make the jump and become a bonified NFL threat, we'll be absolutely stacked.

We invested draft capital in him, you think we're gonna cut him one year later? I'm having a hard time seeing that, but maybe I'm missing something.

He's a tough footballer, always fought for YAC, and strong hands with contested balls. You can move the chains with him and want to see him develop further. Tua certainly feels comfortable with him and that factors too.

We invested draft capital in him, you think we're gonna cut him one year later? I'm having a hard time seeing that, but maybe I'm missing something.

He's a tough footballer, always fought for YAC, and strong hands with contested balls. You can move the chains with him and want to see him develop further. Tua certainly feels comfortable with him and that factors too.
Agreed... even though we didn't give up a whole lot, I think we need to give him every opportunity to make the team. And if Bowden is the guy portrayed in this article, it sounds like he is more than doing his part of the deal.
Bowden, backing up Waddle... and giving us 75% of what Waddle gives us, while replacing Grant as our primary Punt Returner would be an absolute steal for what we are paying him.

Very nice article. Bowden could very well make this team, just depends on how they want to shape that offense IMO. Parker is on the team 95%, both Fuller and Waddle are 100% so that leaves Wilson, Bowden, Williams and Grant for the final spots IMO.

Out of those 4, Wilson is clearly the better WR right now but getting Waddle in the picture sort of made him expendable just as Williams being a less skilled version of Parker makes him expendable too. Grant I think is just not reliable enough to keep going foward.

What I think happens: Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams, Bowden
What I would do: Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Wilson, Bowden
Crazy **** that will not happen: Fuller, Waddle, Williams, Wilson, Bowden

Keep in mind I havent put Grant in any of those scenarios because, well its a ****ing Bowden article(a very nice one at that) so feel free to add Grant as an additional competition for him in those. Also, If Williams has a great camp, its not out of this world for this regime to trade Parker for draft picks if a good offer is thrown at them... Though absolutely not likely.

I have said all along that Williams is a potentially better Parker.

The folks here at FH are down on him mostly because of his injuries, and it may be that the second injury was, in fact, caused by Christian Wilkins jumping on him... and if so, he was injured in a non-football move and it's hard to really blame him for that.

If (note the italics) Williams remains healthy this year, his youth, height, and speed may displace Devante, and then Parker goes the way of Van Noy and McCain--displaced by a younger, cheaper version. Obviously, one more serious injury and we'll let Williams walk. He MUST remain healthy to earn this job. Just as Bowden needs to remain trouble-free and show us that he can return punts, in order to win his position.

If (note the italics) Williams remains healthy this year, his youth, height, and speed may displace Devante, and then Parker goes the way of Van Noy and McCain--displaced by a younger, cheaper version. Obviously, one more serious injury and we'll let Williams walk. He MUST remain healthy to earn this job. Just as Bowden needs to remain trouble-free and show us that he can return punts, in order to win his position.
I also think thats a possibility. I dont think Williams ceiling is much higher than Parker right now, but the difference in salary on top of the fact that Parker does have some kind of trade value makes this a very plausible scenario IMO.

I never posted link so I don't know if I did this correct. But great article on Bowden and the trade from Raiders.
Great read, thanks for this. I like the guy after reading it.

what similarities do you see between wilson, hurns and grant (other than all being WR on the dolphins) that you can just ask a question like that about the three of them as a group?
No real similarities except Wilson being a slot receiver. Waddle, Parker, Fuller, and Williams are locks and the other remaining WR are scrubs, imo. I see Bowden, Wilson, Grant, and Hurns as the legit competitors for the 5th and 6th receivers. Imo, Wilson and Bowden stick and Hurns and Grant are cut. The Navy kid may be Practice Squad material.

great write up. as a coach i don't understand how a coach can be narrow-minded and not develop a relationship with their players. relationships are key. you have to find a way to connect. learn from someone with a different background. just crazy.
this article reminded me of a kid I'm dealing with now. great kid but everything around him isn't good, and he has a reputation he shouldn't. sure he doesn't help himself sometimes, but he is a good kid.
I think lynn is a baller and can really help us

Great read! I hope he makes the team. Punt returner seems like a great role. Depth at the slot for now. I'd like to see some trick plays also where he throws it.

Hopefully his year 1 to 2 he develops a bit more as a receiver.

Back
Top Bottom