Madden 2004 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden 2004

It has been out...alot of people have it. Go to The Lounge then Gaming Forum, that is where you need to be. As does this thread.

Originally posted by Prime Time
It has been out...alot of people have it. Go to The Lounge then Gaming Forum, that is where you need to be. As does this thread.

oops...thanks

LOL, I have a friend who swore up and down for 3 years that Madden was better then the 2K series. He got Madden 2004 for and hates it for the piece of crap it is. This isn't (and never has been) a strategic football simulation. From the crappy run game and the way every single player from linemen to kickers look EXACTLY alike. Sorry to resond to this Primetime, but this needs to be said. haha.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
LOL, I have a friend who swore up and down for 3 years that Madden was better then the 2K series. He got Madden 2004 for and hates it for the piece of crap it is. This isn't (and never has been) a strategic football simulation. From the crappy run game and the way every single player from linemen to kickers look EXACTLY alike. Sorry to resond to this Primetime, but this needs to be said. haha.

Sounds like your friend just can't play :D

What's wrong with the running game exactly?

Nothing is wrong with the running game.....some people just suck :D

Considering that this game is ten times the accurate simulation that the arcadish 2K series was it sounds like some folks just don't enjoy a true simulation that tests a persons knowledge as well as their fingerspeed.

Okay, I have owned 01, 03, and 04 (played 02 a little) and I have to say that 03 and 04 are justa bout the same, except with new tackle animations, ownership features, and menu design, if he liked 03 than why does he hate 04, i played NFL 2K3 since my roommate had it, i played it one time and turned off the PS2 in disgust, the gameplay is terrible, especially the menu design, the only thing that the game has going for it is the ESPN theme...

Your friend either A) sucks at the game or B) is on drugs....this game is awesome and NFL2k3 or ESPN football or whatever its called is still scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Tampa has a letheal running game with the new package switching...they gave ricky madd props he is hard to stop

I've had a lot of succes with Ricky, Lewis, and Portis.

Never used the Chiefs for Holmes or the Rams with Faulk.

Whats wrong with Maddens run game? EVERYTHING. The way u can push back on the controls and have the guy turn like a robot is completely embarassing to the sport of football. You could set up the perfect defense and plug the right gap and the guy would "robot" his way out. The passing game- you can throw deep EVERY SINGLE PLAY and score, completely unrealistic. Player models- Since when does Olindo Mare look EXACTLY like Jason Sehorn (or any other white guy in the NFL)? To answer the question of why does my friend hate 04....he told me you can't tackle anyone, even on easy. He's not the first I've had tell me that. In the 2K series the players look like they do in real life (Ricky complete with his dreads). The run game is realistic, if the block isn't you have to make a legitimate juke or tackled. The passing is extremely realistic, its set to mock the true NFL. You will rarely see Gannon leave the pocket in 2K3, and it is difficult to contain Vick. If the QB is hit while releasing, the pass is in-accurate. I honestly don't see why people like Madden, I played it for two seconds and killed the other team, to me thats no fun, i like to put together drives that are realistically conducted.

Whats wrong with Maddens run game? EVERYTHING. The way u can push back on the controls and have the guy turn like a robot is completely embarassing to the sport of football. You could set up the perfect defense and plug the right gap and the guy would robot his way out.

That explains why my D averages less than 50 yards rushing per game. Sorry, but movement is pretty realistic.

The passing game- you can throw deep EVERY SINGLE PLAY and score, completely unrealistic.

That is why Surtain has 9 picks and Knight has 7 and Madison has 6 and marion has 5 in my first season. Because temas are able to constantly throw deep and score every time. (okay, 5 of those scores were my DB's taking it back to the promised land ;) )

Player models- Since when does Olindo Mare look EXACTLY like Jason Sehorn (or any other white guy in the NFL)?

Since people stopped really looking at the fact that there are about a dozen different facial shapes and another dozen different faces to place on those shapes, and thats not even including the different colors of hair creating somethign like 4-500 different combinations.

To answer the question of why does my friend hate 04....he told me you can't tackle anyone, even on easy.

Funny, I have no trouble tackling people... in droves.

He's not the first I've had tell me that.

Its the first time I have heard that.

In the 2K series the players look like they do in real life (Ricky complete with his dreads).

No more so than in madden.

The run game is realistic, if the block isn't you have to make a legitimate juke or tackled.

Just like madden.

The passing is extremely realistic, its set to mock the true NFL.

Just like madden.

You will rarely see Gannon leave the pocket in 2K3, and it is difficult to contain Vick.

In madden Gannon runs about as often as he does in real life. (he had 185 yards rushing my 1st season and in real life rushed for 156 last year)

and as far as vick being hard to contain, there is a thread listed here asking how to contain running QB's, so we know that Vick and McNair and guys like that are tough to keep a lid on in madden, just like real life.

If the QB is hit while releasing, the pass is in-accurate.

Just like those dozen or so passes that Feidler has put in the turf about 10 yards short of the reciever when he gets hit while passing in my game.

I honestly don't see why people like Madden, I played it for two seconds and killed the other team, to me thats no fun, i like to put together drives that are realistically conducted.

Try it for a little longer than 2 seconds (it gets better after the coin flip.) and try it on an actually semi difficult level instead of easy, whip up on the other team in all-pro and then talk smak. In pro and all-pro, if you don't put together realistic drives the opponent is going to maul you.

I am guessing your just beeing difficult for kicks or have never played madden, only have the 2K game and decided to slam what you don't have to compensate for having the inferior of the 2 titles, but thats just a guess. :)

Originally posted by Barbarian

That explains why my D averages less than 50 yards rushing per game. Sorry, but movement is pretty realistic.

That is why Surtain has 9 picks and Knight has 7 and Madison has 6 and marion has 5 in my first season. Because temas are able to constantly throw deep and score every time. (okay, 5 of those scores were my DB's taking it back to the promised land ;) )

Since people stopped really looking at the fact that there are about a dozen different facial shapes and another dozen different faces to place on those shapes, and thats not even including the different colors of hair creating somethign like 4-500 different combinations.

Funny, I have no trouble tackling people... in droves.

Its the first time I have heard that.

No more so than in madden.

Just like madden.

Just like madden.

In madden Gannon runs about as often as he does in real life. (he had 185 yards rushing my 1st season and in real life rushed for 156 last year)

and as far as vick being hard to contain, there is a thread listed here asking how to contain running QB's, so we know that Vick and McNair and guys like that are tough to keep a lid on in madden, just like real life.

Just like those dozen or so passes that Feidler has put in the turf about 10 yards short of the reciever when he gets hit while passing in my game.

Try it for a little longer than 2 seconds (it gets better after the coin flip.) and try it on an actually semi difficult level instead of easy, whip up on the other team in all-pro and then talk smak. In pro and all-pro, if you don't put together realistic drives the opponent is going to maul you.

I am guessing your just beeing difficult for kicks or have never played madden, only have the 2K game and decided to slam what you don't have to compensate for having the inferior of the 2 titles, but thats just a guess. :)

yea...what he said:cool:

When your in the open field on Madden you can use the unrealistic running movements to get around the guy, how can anyone who thinks they know football deny this? Its as plain as day, its a terrible feature that makes Madden worse then Gameday. In Madden, Ricky looks nothing even remotely like he does in 2K3 or in real life, the only thing Madden Ricky has going is that hes black and has a visor, that doesn't cut it. Your comment (excuse) as to why Mare looks like Sehorn, that just shows EA Sports lack of attention to detail, if Sega Sports could do it why can't they? I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should like the 2K series, I couldn't care less, however I just do not, in any way, see how you could like Madden. The game is the same as they guy, repetitive, annoying and completely off the mark in everything football. Madden maybe used to be a good coach, fine, but now he's just a rambling old guy who makes me wish Dennis Miller was back in the booth. SOOOOO, ESPN NFL Football (2K4) is the game to have, IMO...and thats all I have to say.
Madden 2004 ~~~>:samurai: <~~~~NFL 2K4 :dance:

When your in the open field on Madden you can use the unrealistic running movements to get around the guy, how can anyone who thinks they know football deny this? Its as plain as day, its a terrible feature that makes Madden worse then Gameday.

Sorry, but the movement is very realistic. No player on the field in Madden pulls off moves that we havent seen from Barry Sanders, or Charlie Garner, or Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, or Clinton Portis. And most guys in the game arent capable of pulling off those moves even. Movement is realistic, thus why your first claim is bogus.

In Madden, Ricky looks nothing even remotely like he does in 2K3 or in real life, the only thing Madden Ricky has going is that hes black and has a visor, that doesn't cut it. Your comment (excuse) as to why Mare looks like Sehorn, that just shows EA Sports lack of attention to detail, if Sega Sports could do it why can't they?

No excuses here, I flat out said you were wrong. Thats not an excuse, the players in Madden look every bit as much like themselves in Madden as when Sega makes them. Exactly why your 2nd reason is bogus.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should like the 2K series, I couldn't care less,

Coulda fooled me. You sure seem to be putting alot of effort into doing just that.

however I just do not, in any way, see how you could like Madden.

It might have something to do with it being the superior game in nearly every facet of gameplay from Strategy to AI to variety of options, to realistic simulations over ESPN NFL and only being on par graphically with the Sega title.

The game is the same as they guy, repetitive, annoying and completely off the mark in everything football. Madden maybe used to be a good coach, fine, but now he's just a rambling old guy who makes me wish Dennis Miller was back in the booth.

Well, I can't defend Madden himself, the only good thing about the guy is that he put his name on the best Football simulation on the market. As an announcer... well, I'll agree, I prefer Miller was back in the booth instead of him as well. :D

SOOOOO, ESPN NFL Football (2K4) is the game to have, IMO...and thats all I have to say.

wellll, Madden 2004 is the best football game to have ever hit the market and is vastly superior to anything on the shelves now... and that pretty much sums up what I have to say.

Back
Top Bottom