Madden 2004 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden 2004

The speed is definetely a little different.

In older Maddens you could throw into dbl and triple coverage with a lob pass and complete it. Of course it happens once in a while in 04, but most likely they are gonna pick it off. I just don't see a problem with the running game :confused: .

Only beef I have with Madden is it doesn't have lateral ;).

I know what you said, but I've talked to them and they say the thing is you can't tackle. Not the game speed and not that they suck at it, but that you can't tackle (on a large scale).

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
I know what you said, but I've talked to them and they say the thing is you can't tackle. Not the game speed and not that they suck at it, but that you can't tackle (on a large scale).

I don't know why they can't tackle... hell, I have an easier time with it in this version than in 2003.

Originally posted by Barbarian

I don't know why they can't tackle... hell, I have an easier time with it in this version than in 2003.

They must be trying to strip it all the time

Originally posted by Biggunndunn

They must be trying to strip it all the time

That could be. I found out the hard way that attempting to strip the ball can backfire with alot of missed tackles. :(

Madden blows away any other football game.

You don't truly play it unless you play all-madden. Try and score on every play. Yeah right.

Bigggunndunn is acting as if he doesn't know what I was talking about. The entire thread....anything. I was refering to the date which ESPN NFL Football goes on sale, I'm excited to get my hands on the best football simulation to date.

Dolfan, you most likely won't say anything Barbarian hasn't in trying to argue for Madden. I personally don't believe Madden touches 2K4 let alone come close to blowing it away. The only one improvement I see in Madden 2004 is that the players are finally taller. They don't look like turtles like they have in the past, they still don't have the facial features of the NFL but this is a huge upgrade.

Well, if a person just likes eye candy, then yeah ESPN is the way to go, but on the flipside gameplay and options are just better on Madden (possible exemption for X-Box due to the fact that I refuse to play the system out of hatred for the controllers) but at the E3 expo when I tried both Madden was superior then, and in a couple of day it will probably stil be the superior product, even gameinformer magazine (the one that jp used and claimed that they were "real reviewers" in their Football blowout article gave Madden slightly Higher ratings than they gave ESPN. (and gave them both much higher ratings than all the other NFL games on the market)

Well, what I have is ratings on paper-from Game Informer giving ESPN better ratings. Thats all that matters. As for gameplay, i've already stated my disgust for Madden's crappy control style. It should be called "Electric Football 2004" presented by EA Tiburon (since you didn't seem to like "robot" as my description, this one is better anyway).

Back to the whole creation options on Madden. Who gives a crap about Rocky Mountain Oysters? I saw that on one of the screenshots, whats the point? How is this relevant to a football game? This is the point i've been trying to prove, if you want to play football get ESPN. If you want to play Al Davis (for whatever reason) then Madden.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
Well, what I have is ratings on paper-from Game Informer giving ESPN better ratings. Thats all that matters.

From Game informer Magazine

ESPN
90/90/80/90

Madden
95/90/80/90

Sorry, but GI rated it higher (I have a subscription as well :p )

As for gameplay, i've already stated my disgust for Madden's crappy control style. It should be called "Electric Football 2004" presented by EA Tiburon (since you didn't seem to like "robot" as my description, this one is better anyway).

Just because you don't like it must mean that over 90% of the Game reviewers out there are wrong. :lol:

Back to the whole creation options on Madden. Who gives a crap about Rocky Mountain Oysters? I saw that on one of the screenshots, whats the point? How is this relevant to a football game?

It's an extra fun option in owning the team as well as playing with them, to those of us that enjoy a good sim along with a great football game it's an outstanding option and creates depth that you just cant find anywhere else.

This is the point i've been trying to prove, if you want to play football get ESPN. If you want to play Al Davis (for whatever reason) then Madden.

well, if you want to JUST play football, then either game is good (madden is better IMHO though) but why limit yourself to just that when you can have it all.

Lets not forget that in Graphics, sound, and gameplay Madden was rated exactly the same as ESPN by Game Informer Magazine, but in Frontend (AKA: options and presentation) it scored higher.

So even the reviewers that you like said that Madden was the gameplay match to ESPN and had the extras on top of it. :)

Madden owns all, end it ;).

I'm about to go play some myself. I'll try to find all these problems you keep mentioning though with the tackles and what not :tongue:

I agree to end it. I guarantee that if Madden didn't have such creation options it wouldn't sell as well. I know for a fact that if creation buffs didn't have this leisure they wouldn't play Madden. The gameplay in Madden is below standard. NFL Blitz was/is popular, it is in no way an accurate NFL simulation. The same holds true for Madden.

Have fun play with yourself...i meany BY yourself. :lol:

The sum of Madden from 2001 to present: :lastyr:

Back
Top Bottom