Madden 2004 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madden 2004

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
As for the whole "play it before you make comments" thing. XoPhinsoX did exactly what you are saying. He said I'm making it sound better then it is....how would he know? No one has played it, it doesn't go on sale til tomorrow. I have played Madden 2004...today in fact. As I said before, the only SINGLE thing that has changed is the player models...they still don't look like the real-life players but at least they aren't turtles anymore and maybe the player-making thing. For the most part Madden is largely the same as last year. Still sucks.

So because he did means it's okay for you to?

Oh, and I played it at the E3 expo. My cousin works for Activision and got me in. :D

And if you think the only thing changed was the player models, then nothing I can say will mean anything to you because you have no clue what your talking about.

If it still sucked, why would the Magazine that you raved was "real reviewers" give it a higher rating than ESPN in one magazine and a 9.0 in another?

or do they commonly give sucky games 9.0 ratings?

if so, then what does it say about ESPN's X-Box 9.25?

No answer for that one eh?

What I meant by saying "you are trying to make it sound better then it is" was due to you trying to convince everyone that IT IS. Almost like you are promoting it and just because people are disagreeing with you about it you get almost defensive.

I just don't understand. Your friends and everyone liked the previous Maddens, but they don't like this one? It's faster, more options, more formations, better playbooks. What's not to like exactly? I don't know what you're talking about when you say "turtle" sized players? I think you may be way picky or anti-Madden all together ;). Because if the players were much bigger they would look strange IMO.

Barbarian, it's like i've said before, just because Blitz was once popular doesn't automatically mean it was an accurate simulation...or even close to. The same holds true for Madden, it's popular from a creation options stand point..not as an NFL simulation.

Personally I think the best football game made by EA is yet to come. I'm not saying it will be accurate but I am pretty sure I will buy NFL Street when it comes out. That way i'll have my fantasy (Street) and true simulation (ESPN).

What I have been trying to show you is that the two games both received 9.25 ratings because of different reasons. Madden for creation and ESPN for gameplay true to the NFL. What I derive from ESPN (football) isn't the same as what Madden fans are going for (creation and management).

I swear to you guys, if Madden corrected the incredibly terrible running game, I would most likely own both titles. However, the inconsistency in the run game (or anytime your carrying the ball) drives me away from it. I could deal with player models just for the fact that Madden has cool creation stuff...but I would never buy it strictly for creation options.

About what XoPhinsoX said about it sucking if Madden player models were much bigger, what I said was Madden finally has the player models posture right...now I still don't understand why they have every single player at the same height and weight (regardless of what stats say). Even though it is a huge draw for me to have the players looking exactly like in real life (facial features) it is possible to do without as long as the game plays like an NFL simulation and not electronic football.

And to agree with your statement XoPhinsoX....life couldn't get any better then that (sig). :hail: :cheer:

Heh ;).

I still am thrown on what's wrong with the running game. RW destroys.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
Barbarian, it's like i've said before, just because Blitz was once popular doesn't automatically mean it was an accurate simulation...or even close to. The same holds true for Madden, it's popular from a creation options stand point..not as an NFL simulation.

I have been plying the series for over a decade now, I might think I know why it is popular, and even without the options it's still an excellent game. As an NFL simulation it remains unsurpassed, both Gamers and reviewers allmost universally agree with this.

What I have been trying to show you is that the two games both received 9.25 ratings because of different reasons. Madden for creation and ESPN for gameplay true to the NFL. What I derive from ESPN (football) isn't the same as what Madden fans are going for (creation and management).

And I am pointing out that when they broke it down Madden recieved the exact same score in Gameplay and graphics as ESPN. You still have yet to answer that one. How could such "inferior" and "crappy" gameplay recieve the exact same score as the high and mighty ESPN?

Perhaps because it's not inferior or crappy?

I swear to you guys, if Madden corrected the incredibly terrible running game,

What incredably terrable running game? The game is the most realistic simulation of rushing I have ever EVER seen. (And this is coming from an ex-college fullback, I carried the rock a few times and know the speed and feel, and Madden captures it better than anybody ever has before.

I would most likely own both titles. However, the inconsistency in the run game (or anytime your carrying the ball) drives me away from it.

See my previous point. :rolleyes:

I could deal with player models just for the fact that Madden has cool creation stuff...but I would never buy it strictly for creation options.

And neither did we, nor any of the hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) that bought Madden.

now I still don't understand why they have every single player at the same height and weight (regardless of what stats say). Even though it is a huge draw for me to have the players looking exactly like in real life (facial features) it is possible to do without as long as the game plays like an NFL simulation and not electronic football. [/B]

The same height and weight?!??!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Excuse me while I go pick up my spleen, if you are trying to tell me that Mare and Wade look the same height and weight on the game, then dude, I know a good rehab center for ya to detox in.

Back
Top Bottom