Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

wow, there's more than a few questionable remarks about men in that post...

Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. This is why I come to Fins forums, always had a high opinion of Miami fans. Have been a life-long Redskins fan, but in my business you can't play favorites. I research, I work out in the community, I measure, and I try to get an overall feeling of an athlete before I make a grade.

The information I shared yesterday still holds true. There are some major adjustments going on amongst Dolphin Brass as we speak. Had an excellent dinner last night with a colleague from the Vikings circle. Had a nice ribeye roast with mashed potatoes, 3-4 dinner rolls and house salad with extra croutons. Finished the meal off with Apple Pie and some sweet tea. As for our discussion, he mentioned a few very interesting ideas about where the Dolphins are going: speed, speed, speed he said. While the Tuna is known to like bigger and stronger, there is a realization amongst the staff that the Fins must get faster, especially on defense. Looking for explosive, fast twitch muscle guys, with a good gluteal base. I rewatched some Fins games today, and was looking at Merling and Starks specifically. Starks had an impressive year, but Merling needs to develop his pop from the core-strap (an insiders term to measure pelvic and hip explosion).

Someone mentioned that I concentrate alot of pelvic areas and buttocks, but the reason why is that is a big measure for me when I grade a gut out. Pelvic/hip snap is an under discussed aspect of explosive football speed/power. Big glutes, well defined hammies, and lean muscle through the pelvis is the 3rd most important indicator I use when calculating "the method." This is 17 variable composition of numerical variables that I developed with my uncle. I will put "the method" against any talent evaluator out there.

I will explain "the method" in more detail soon and share some of my expereinces in war rooms around this time of year in the near future. Slow day on the news front, sending this via a Dell from the bus station. Making a quick trip down to Charlottesville tonight to see if I can get some personal measuring sessions with Nate Collins and Denzell Burrell tomorow. This is the unglamorous side of this business. Long bus trips at times, bad fast food, showing up on a campus in the dead of winter at 2am with an overnight back, a stop watch, and an Accu Measure Fat Caliper. But I do love it, watching these young guys run fast and explode in the weightroom in front of me with 225 racked and pinned, all for a chance at a dream. I once had that dream, that fire, but now I just hope to find that diamond in the rough. That guy that everyone always told no. Livestrong boys.

Yes, because recent history shows that going with speed over all other tools in the draft is the smart way to go. Ted Ginn, Pat White...

Oh, nvm. :boohoo:

And, I should add, I bet your mommy and daddy are VERY proud of you. Instead of going out and getting a job, you sit inside their basement all day and watch mindless video of draft prospects and post about it on a blog or message board. Seems like a much better way to spend your time than, well, I don't know...living life?

Anyway, in all likelihood your a very well (or very poorly) disguised troll, but I don't care enough to take too much of an interest in it. If you want to post all your "inside" information, sure, go ahead. Feel free to waste server space. It's your right.

Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. This is why I come to Fins forums, always had a high opinion of Miami fans. Have been a life-long Redskins fan, but in my business you can't play favorites. I research, I work out in the community, I measure, and I try to get an overall feeling of an athlete before I make a grade.

The information I shared yesterday still holds true. There are some major adjustments going on amongst Dolphin Brass as we speak. Had an excellent dinner last night with a colleague from the Vikings circle. Had a nice ribeye roast with mashed potatoes, 3-4 dinner rolls and house salad with extra croutons. Finished the meal off with Apple Pie and some sweet tea. As for our discussion, he mentioned a few very interesting ideas about where the Dolphins are going: speed, speed, speed he said. While the Tuna is known to like bigger and stronger, there is a realization amongst the staff that the Fins must get faster, especially on defense. Looking for explosive, fast twitch muscle guys, with a good gluteal base. I rewatched some Fins games today, and was looking at Merling and Starks specifically. Starks had an impressive year, but Merling needs to develop his pop from the core-strap (an insiders term to measure pelvic and hip explosion).

Someone mentioned that I concentrate alot of pelvic areas and buttocks, but the reason why is that is a big measure for me when I grade a gut out. Pelvic/hip snap is an under discussed aspect of explosive football speed/power. Big glutes, well defined hammies, and lean muscle through the pelvis is the 3rd most important indicator I use when calculating "the method." This is 17 variable composition of numerical variables that I developed with my uncle. I will put "the method" against any talent evaluator out there.

I will explain "the method" in more detail soon and share some of my expereinces in war rooms around this time of year in the near future. Slow day on the news front, sending this via a Dell from the bus station. Making a quick trip down to Charlottesville tonight to see if I can get some personal measuring sessions with Nate Collins and Denzell Burrell tomorow. This is the unglamorous side of this business. Long bus trips at times, bad fast food, showing up on a campus in the dead of winter at 2am with an overnight back, a stop watch, and an Accu Measure Fat Caliper. But I do love it, watching these young guys run fast and explode in the weightroom in front of me with 225 racked and pinned, all for a chance at a dream. I once had that dream, that fire, but now I just hope to find that diamond in the rough. That guy that everyone always told no. Livestrong boys.

Wow. It's so refreshing to hear an inside perspective from a real NFL scout.
Sounds like you know your stuff...

Keep it coming.......I can't get enough...

Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to. I never flaunt my connections, as you know, but I have some very interesting information coming out of the Fins organization:

In the last week, the Fins have undergone a major direction change in who they were targeting for their first round pick. There was a about an 80% chance they would go with a certain player; however, according my insider information, it looks as if this player has slid considerably. Not off the radar, but another player has emerged as "that dude." Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

Cotdamn-1.gif

He's right, we need major speed upgrades, especially at WR and LB.

I want to place my vote for best thread of the year so far. This keeps getting better and better. Please, talent_scout, tell us more about your love for college guys butts and how their hips move.

I find all this amusing mostly because talent_scout is right on many levels.

If you eliminate his self promoting and just absorbe his "opinions" he's not out there, he's accurate.

Read where Phil Savage while working for the Ravens did a study to determine the quality's needed to succeed at the NFL and he determined that a player must have 1 of these 3 qualitys to make it in the NFL....

1-Speed
2-Toughness
3-Intelligence

if a player has all 3 or 2 of the 3 they most likely will make it, 1 of the three they have a fighting chance, a player that doesnt have any of these qualitys will not make it..."no chance".

The one quality that Savage determined is essential to survive in the NFL...speed

So Talent_Scout atleast gets that :)

But you know the more I read this the more I get this creepy feeling about the guy,its his use of odd words, really creepy, kinda like reading some kinda seriel killers letter to the police, same kinda uneasy feelings :ohno:

if this guy even has a 20% of being right.we will not draft mcclain.at 260 and running almost a 4.7 40.crowder and mcclain would expose us to every te in the nfl.

EVERYBODY:

lets stop this thread now before we all become drained into stupidity.

there isn't even a conversation really, or any intellectual discussion coming from it all. this topic died a long time ago (which really should not of really even of started)

EVERYBODY:

lets stop this thread now before we all become drained into stupidity.

there isn't even a conversation really, or any intellectual discussion coming from it all. this topic died a long time ago (which really should not of really even of started)

no way! this thread is great!

Back
Top Bottom