Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

If Dez Bryant is gone my hope would be that we have an opportunity to trade down- my best guess as to a trading partner would be a LT starved team trading up for Anthony Davis or Bryan Bulaga. If Bryant isn't there after a trade down I'd be fine with picking up Benn with a late 1st or early 2nd. Maybe he lasts until our 2nd rd pick, who knows. He's still the 2nd best WR to me, after Bryant and just before Tate. I'd be comfortable with sliding down to Green bay's #23 slot and picking up their 2nd- I could see them making a move for Bulaga, they have to protect Rodgers better.

i agree...

as for the attacking the op i've stayed out of that...don't really see it as productive and i'm all ears for anyones opinions on players we may have interest in...i'll make my own decisions on if i think they carry validity...

guess you could say i'll take all the information i can get...lol

i agree...

as for the attacking the op i've stayed out of that...don't really see it as productive and i'm all ears for anyones opinions on players we may have interest in...i'll make my own decisions on if i think they carry validity...

guess you could say i'll take all the information i can get...lol

Colin Linsday of GBN had Benn rated the #7 overall prospect in Sept 2009, before the college season began. I believe that he was the pre season favorite for Big 12 player of the year as well. It's the same old argument, but I choose to not overly penalize him for a lack of production in his senior year- I'd rather factor in what I believe weighed him down, Juice Williams and a Ron Zook offense that was plodding and didn't play into his strengths.

Gilyard looked good late in the year and in the Senior Bowl, but I can't escape Benn's size, speed and yac ability. Lafell, as I've said about 20 times, remains somewhat of a mystery to me, but I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd rd- a good receiver could very well fall to us there, but I'd rather slide down in the 1st and make it happen, then go defense with the 2nd and 3rd rd picks- and the extra 2nd or 3rd if we trade down. I like Dan Williams quite a bit, but #12? Not so sure about that. Bryant falling to #12 solves a lot of problems in my mind, as does a trade down- it's a matter of getting value for #12. I'd still like to see us take a flyer on Jimmy Graham or Mike Williams in the 4th.

i think benn would be a guy who would make a smooth transition into our offense...i really do

the lack of production doesn't bother me all that much with him when i look at the total package...the route running needs work but there are ways with that guys skillset to get production out of him from the get go imo...

and man do i like when he turns his shoulders square and heads downhill...dez bryant and benn are pile movers...

as far as some other thoughts if bryant or mcclain are there at #12 i take them without hesitation if not i look into maybe trading down a bit...

Like many you, I read stuff on here and take the "truth" of it with a grain of salt. No need to attack him, because if it proves to be false there will be plenty of people on here that will remind him. I will say this however, though I like the kid personally, if the pick is Tim Tebow, Talent Scout you need to use your "inside influence" and everything else in your power to stop them.

i think benn would be a guy who would make a smooth transition into our offense...i really do

the lack of production doesn't bother me all that much with him when i look at the total package...the route running needs work but there are ways with that guys skillset to get production out of him from the get go imo...

and man do i like when he turns his shoulders square and heads downhill...dez bryant and benn are pile movers...

as far as some other thoughts if bryant or mcclain are there at #12 i take them without hesitation if not i look into maybe trading down a bit...

For me it would be Bryant hands down. I'm not as high on McClain at #12 as most on this board, I'd rather go for a more impact position with the high pick and draft my old stand by, Sean Lee, in the 3rd. or better yet trade down in the 1st if Bryant isn't there at #12. And it still wouldn't shock me if brandon Spikes slips into the 2nd rd- we'll see what he runs the 40 in at the combine. But still, the rule changes have made the NFL a passing league, and the WR position has to be fixed, then go crazy on the defense. We have to be able to stetch a defense vertically, and that keeps Jermaine Gresham in the back of my mind, too.

For me it would be Bryant hands down. I'm not as high on McClain at #12 as most on this board, I'd rather go for a more impact position with the high pick and draft my old stand by, Sean Lee, in the 3rd. or better yet trade down in the 1st if Bryant isn't there at #12. And it still wouldn't shock me if brandon Spikes slips into the 2nd rd- we'll see what he runs the 40 in at the combine. But still, the rule changes have made the NFL a passing league, and the WR position has to be fixed, then go crazy on the defense. We have to be able to stetch a defense vertically, and that keeps Jermaine Gresham in the back of my mind, too.

bryant and gresham would both fix some things...no doubt

Arrelious Benn can catch anything and he can use his power to get yards after the catch. I'm just not sure he can consistently get open against man coverage.

Hello guys. I just wanted to alert you to some very close-hold information I have been receiving from my sources. I think my credentials speak for themselves on this board, and I have often tried to bring you information that the rest of you do not have access to. I never flaunt my connections, as you know, but I have some very interesting information coming out of the Fins organization:

In the last week, the Fins have undergone a major direction change in who they were targeting for their first round pick. There was a about an 80% chance they would go with a certain player; however, according my insider information, it looks as if this player has slid considerably. Not off the radar, but another player has emerged as "that dude." Now, I am not at liberty to divulge the names of these players, but I can assure you something big is going down and if nothing changes between now and the draft, you will hear a name that has been on NOBODY's radar as a likely Fin pick. I will fill you in more as more information comes to me. Moves are being made and the Trifecta is way outside the box on this one. I didn't see it coming at all, and I am the most experienced talent evaluator on this site. Godspeed. More to come, hold your hoses, this is going to be a crazy ride.

I call BS!

Far to early for any team to have their minds made up on 'the guy'.

You must take Fin fans as idiots.

Let us know why you can't report the prospects names, we would understand sources but everyone in the league is looking at every prospect so why hide!

I'm sure by your 10th post your cred will be through the roof around here, good luck and thanks for sharing your professional inside info. I know if I were a pro I'd be on a fan board pumping my own intelligence for all to learn, thanks again.

Enjoy your McDonald's happy meal.
this guy is playing with everyone if you read his posts he keeps saying i gotta go now and scout this guy or that guy etc. plus twice he has made statements that are not very heterosexual ! "his pelvis is tight" etc. ...too funny !

I still love the references to his having challenged Mel Kiper to a mock draft showdown but not having received a reply yet, his having contacted C.J. Spiller on Facebook but not getting a reply, but this time he'll do a better job explaining that he wants to talk to him on behalf of Dol-Fans so he should reply this team...and of course the king of them all, his having invited C.J. Spiller to do a personal Combine with him. Also funny referencing watching hundreds of hours of film on C.J. Spiller during the month of November, and then making up a "KD Koleosho fiasco".

You must take Fin fans as idiots.

Uh, and this isn't directed at you, but some are................

- start of the season I was told the wr core was good
- prevailing w/l record on here was 11-5
- Ted Ginn just needs more time, the right offense, a qb with an arm blah blah blah
- Cam Wake is a joke because hes from the CFL
- The FO really does like John Beck
- Greg Camarillo is a solid #2 ( my personal fav)
- Chad Pennington was holding Ted Ginn back
- people still take this regime at face value when they speak, no matter how many times they purposely mislead
- this team is only a wr away from contending ( that has to be my all time fav during the season, classic stuff)

all I have for now................

and for the record, I really like talentscout. he scouts talent, whats not to like?

There was no KD koleosho fiasco. I just wanted to see if you would take the bait - and you did hook, line , and sinker. I dont mean to be rude, but now you are guilty of laughing at something that did not exist, but you were willing to take this risk due to the fact that I set it up for you to sound like an insider.

Epic mistake. And for yours and other's information, there was no "fiasco." KDK was a pretty good RB in the late 1990's out of SE Missou. Good kid, didn't have the juice to make it to the league, but enjoyed my measurement session with him. Wow, time flys! Ok, off to dinner. Will have more info in a few days, will report back by Friday when I return from a private work out at Pro Potential.

What school did he play for? Was it Oklahoma under John Blake? And how big was he when he was there?

Back
Top Bottom