Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/15/2021

Really.... not at all?

I'm a little worried. As I think we should all be a little worried. Let us not forget we are the franchise that hasn't found a QB in 25 years.
Let me clarify, I will be worried if this is a pattern but the first day of mini camp when he’s asked to pretty much push himself to the limits in a driving rain storm Nah I’m not worried

During the Shula years, that would have only been the first of 3 practices and the players would have had to open their mouths wide to catch some rain water if they wanted a water break.
Lol...Exactly.

I have been a Miami Hurricane fan since 1960. So I have definitely seen the best and worse when it comes to Miami Hurricane football.

Obviously I was referring to the storms but unfortunately I have to agree that the football team would have a tough time beating Utah at this time. Hopefully that will change over the next few years.
I was a Canes fan until I went to UF in 2004. So I got to experience consistent greatness throughout my entire youth without being a front runner. I was so spoiled that I didn't get how much it sucks to not be a perennial contender.

I actually got no hate for the Canes. My whole family is Canes and we all root for each other.

Just giving UM fans are hard time.

Tua was tied for 3rd most dropped interception (8) in the league in 2020, and with fewer games. Rothisberger lead the league with 10 dropped INTs and threw 608 pass attempts. Tua had 8 with 287 pass attempts.

Wouldn't be surprising if he threw a lot of picks if they let him "gunsling it" more. Possibly why Gailey didn't let him throw more, he saw what he was doing in practice. He doesn't have the arm strength for deep curls and out routes. They'll hopefully have time to figure that out and determine what works best.
Look at the names around him for adj. int rate - Darnold...Trubisky...Jackson...lol damn.

So far he's had an underwhelming rookie season and first impression year two he's handing out INTs like santa claus in 7 on 7s to a list of guys that don't add up to 1 NFL starting corner.

People were calling this kid a generational talent. Looks more like a project with very average everything physically.

Look at the names around him for adj. int rate - Darnold...Trubisky...Jackson...lol damn.

So far he's had an underwhelming rookie season and first impression year two he's handing out INTs like santa claus in 7 on 7s to a list of guys that don't add up to 1 NFL starting corner.

People were calling this kid a generational talent. Looks more like a project with very average everything physically.
If you are going to look at the names around him at the QB position. Perhaps you have to look at the practice squad caliber WR’s he was forced to throw the ball to. While he certainly made some bad throws, like all QB’s do over the course of a football game. Perhaps some of those possible interceptions were caused by the WR’s running the wrong routes.

Tua certainly isn’t the type of individual who will call out other players. So I’ll wait to see how he plays once he actually has some NFL quality WR’s to throw to before I judge his ability as an NFL QB.

My Take:

Do you ever want your NFL starting QB to throw 5 interceptions in a practice or even a flag football game? Easy Answer…No

Is it the end of the world that Tua threw 5 picks in the first OTA practice in a monsoon? Easy Answer…No

Should we be concerned that we might have used the #5 overall draft choice in 2020 on a bust? Easy Answer…No

It’s the first practice and it didn’t go perfectly for Tua. It really doesn’t matter. Its ****ing OTA’s for **** sake.

HOWEVER, I’ll say this. If Tua has another bad practice and throws 3+ picks tomorrow…..I’ll be mildly concerned.

If Tua is throwing picks all over the place during training camp….. I’ll become a little more concerned.

If we lose one of our games this season because Tue threw 3 or more picks….I’ll be a lot more concerned.

Let’s be clear….There are no more excuses for Tua. No more “he didn’t have an off season” or “he was still rehabbing” or “he had no receivers to throw to and his OL was awful”.

Tua needs to produce at a high level this year. Period. The good news is that it isn’t “this year” yet. It’s only an OTA

There is no reason to be concerned…..Not right now anyway.

My Take:

Do you ever want your NFL starting QB to throw 5 interceptions in a practice or even a flag football game? Easy Answer…No

Is it the end of the world that Tua threw 5 picks in the first OTA practice in a monsoon? Easy Answer…No

Should we be concerned that we might have used the #5 overall draft choice in 2020 on a bust? Easy Answer…No

It’s the first practice and it didn’t go perfectly for Tua. It really doesn’t matter. Its ****ing OTA’s for **** sake.

HOWEVER, I’ll say this. If Tua has another bad practice and throws 3+ picks tomorrow…..I’ll be mildly concerned.

If Tua is throwing picks all over the place during training camp….. I’ll become a little more concerned.

If we lose one of our games this season because Tue threw 3 or more picks….I’ll be a lot more concerned.

Let’s be clear….There are no more excuses for Tua. No more “he didn’t have an off season” or “he was still rehabbing” or “he had no receivers to throw to and his OL was awful”
I'm never concerned about picks in practice if I don't know what they are working on in a particular drill.

I'm never concerned about picks in practice if I don't know what they are working on in a particular drill.
Exactly. People putting too much stock in an int filled practice when no one knows what they were trying to do on offense are grasping at straws looking for reasons to nit pick. Tua himself said they were being aggressive pushing the ball down the field and trying to throw in small windows in that type of weather so they could get it on film to study it. I’d be worried if this was a real live game with real live bullets firing but not in a fricken practice, the first one of the year for crying out loud.

****, Lawrence another “generational talent” threw 2 picks as well. I don’t see anyone screaming him as being a bust.

Last edited:
Exactly. People putting too much stock in an int filled practice when no one knows what they were trying to do on offense are grasping at straws looking for reasons to nit pick. Tua himself said they were being aggressive pushing the ball down the field and trying to throw in small windows in that type of weather so they could get it on film to study it. I’d be worried if this was a real live game with real live bullets firing but not in a fricken practice.

****, Lawrence another “generational talent” threw 2 picks as well. I don’t see anyone screaming him as being a bust.
Not the great HOF Lawrence?

Tua was tied for 3rd most dropped interception (8) in the league in 2020, and with fewer games. Rothisberger lead the league with 10 dropped INTs and threw 608 pass attempts. Tua had 8 with 287 pass attempts.

Wouldn't be surprising if he threw a lot of picks if they let him "gunsling it" more. Possibly why Gailey didn't let him throw more, he saw what he was doing in practice. He doesn't have the arm strength for deep curls and out routes. They'll hopefully have time to figure that out and determine what works best.
Almost interceptions are stats we’re concerned with now? Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom