Mandich has the skinny on Dolphins draft thinking......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandich has the skinny on Dolphins draft thinking.........

and another thing, just becasue they tell ya they "love this guy" or whatever, doesnt mean thats who we are drafting. It means they love that guy. but one thing is for sure, opinions change.

Originally posted by Dolfan954
If Mandich or Hank tells you something, you can take it to the bank.

They said the 'Fins were definitely going to draft a receiver or an O-lineman with their first pick in the second round last year. I don't know what bank you're going to but I'd check for fruad if I were you. :rolleyes:

I hope its not a WR, and I do hope it is a QB or lineman. If we take a WR and leave Rivers there I will be pissed.

With Spellman as the last word...I know it will be a O guy, either QB or WR...Only if a great T falls that far will they draft a lineman first. First they will try to secure Ogun, redo contracts on the people we've heard about..out of the O side who ever don't play ball, we cut and then we draft accordingly. Our D don't need many draft picks, our O do. We don't have a 2nd rounder right now. If that don't change, we will see the 3rd round look like the third round of last year. Heavy OL pickup's. We will try for a QB in the 3rd if we don't get him in the first. In the 4th, again with OL and WR's Then in the final 5-7th rounds, I see CB's, Safety, WR's, and maybe one more QB. FA draftees, will have a lot of OL, DT's, Of course as always, we'll trade down for more draft picks if what we want isn't there when we want them. But I think our 1st round pick will be better with Speilman having the last word. From there on it's a craps shoot.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I hope its not a WR, and I do hope it is a QB or lineman. If we take a WR and leave Rivers there I will be pissed.

Unless Fitzgerald is available, unlikely but you never know.

Fitz, if he makes it into the draft, will most certainly be a top 10 pick. Now that's something you can take to the bank!

Originally posted by rafael

I disagree. I've been on these boards about 5 years and have been following the draft much longer and if you're good enough at wading through the bs you can get some good insights. Obviously, at this point the teams don't "know" who the pick will be, but they do have players they like and don't like. If they already don't like Woods then that's not likely to change. If you can guess at the positions they are targeting and then eliminate a few players you can often make a good guess. I nailed the Mckinney pick a few years back and that was in the 3rd. So, it is possible. Of course, I was way off on the Fletcher pick and the Moore pick last year.

How could this be if you are member 920 and he is member 395 when he has only been here 3 years and you 5? I didn't know these boards were 5 years old.

Sorry this is so off topic, I am just playing devils advocate. You don't have to answer... ;)

Miami likes to throw names out there of who they like but really they are not looking at.. There were many articles last year saying Miami really liked Brett Williams and some other tackle in the draft and when they were there for Miami to take, Miami went elsewhere..

Now that Miami has been said to love Reggie Williams, I'm almost positive they will not draft him at all.. Which would be a shame if he was on the board..

They could very well be saying they love Reggie Williams or other WR's so that those WR's could be taken away while they have a different WR in mind... Or maybe they are naming WR's but maybe having a QB in mind to draft.. These articles are all mind games and Spielman will try to keep his list as secret as possible and may have some writers write about some big name college players as possible picks for Miami but in reality it will not go that way to throw people off.. Aiming at teams who draft ahead of them..

The thing with drafting an offensive lineman is that the area Miami needs is an area that typically isn't drafted high.

Miami needs guards. The only way a tackle comes into the equation is if they can't resign Todd Wade. If that is the case, then you may see them take a tackle like Nat Dorsey or Vernon Carey in the 1st round.

Taking a guard that high may be a reach though. IMO, the best guard in the draft is Justin Smiley, and I think that is a bit high for him.

Everyone keeps talking about the O-line. I just CAN'T see them taking an O-Lineman with the first pick. Do they need help on the OL. No doubt! But there are some very good players who will be UFA this year. That's where they'll get their OL help.
Now Speilman wanted to take Drew Breeze a few years ago and Wanny took Fletcher. Speilman personally to went to scout Phillip Rivers in his bowl game. And while he is more likely to draft a QB than Wanny would have, I still can't see him taking Rivers with the 20th pick.
Which leads us to WR. This is another NEED position. It is also the deepest in the draft. If there was ever a time the Fins should move down in the draft it's now. I could see them packaging the 20th and a 3rd next year for someone's first and second this year. That would allow them to address the need at WR and still get a very good player there and also use the 2nd on Rivers, which is a more appropriate spot than 20th to take him .

problem with that is i would not be at all surprised if green bay uses their first rounder on rivers, meaning no matter what, he wouldnt fall to the second rounder that wed have, therefore wed either have to take him early, or probably lose him

Nobody knows who we'll take till after free agency. You're all talking WR,QB and O-line and those are areas of need as of right now. But we could get a free agent or 2 and that would change what we do with the draft.Till we see what free agents we get(if any) we won't know anything imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom