Mandich has the skinny on Dolphins draft thinking......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandich has the skinny on Dolphins draft thinking.........

Originally posted by muddaconch

How could this be if you are member 920 and he is member 395 when he has only been here 3 years and you 5? I didn't know these boards were 5 years old.

Sorry this is so off topic, I am just playing devils advocate. You don't have to answer... ;)

The boards are older than what the webmaster's(AJ's) join date is, which is 9-2-01, by I think about a year. I forget what exactly the problem was(server crash or whatnot) but the boards had to start from scratch & everyone had to re-register.

I'm disappointed in Spielman for crossing off Woods so soon. He has been very productive, even against the toughest CB talent.

I guess it's a sign that Thompson is staying & McKnight is gone. Seems like we're going for a WR with sub 4.45 speed.

It seems so. Maybe a trade down for Lee Evans or something like that is what is going to happen?

Originally posted by muddaconch

How could this be if you are member 920 and he is member 395 when he has only been here 3 years and you 5? I didn't know these boards were 5 years old.

Sorry this is so off topic, I am just playing devils advocate. You don't have to answer... ;)

I've been on msg boards for five years not Finheaven. I've been on this board for about two years.

I think this 1st round pick has to be a QB or WR. Its not that OL isn't a need, its that there aren't likely to be any OL available who are worthy of our 1st pick. KB mentioned it earlier in this thread. All the people who are pushing for OL in the 1st, who do you want?

I think right now looking at the precombine board a trade down is in Miami's best interest. They'd be better off trying to get a late second rounder some how.

Michael Jenkins would be ideal in a trade down situation, he should still be on the board, assuming we don't move down more then 10 spots.

of the guys who have an outside shot of falling to 20, Sean Taylor and Reggie Williams head my wish list.

Also, recent reports have Shawn Andrews the G/T from Arkansas weighing close to 400 lbs. Could he be another Aaron Gibson? who knows.

Sean Taylor HAS NO SHOT at getting out of the top 10.

Originally posted by rafael
I think this 1st round pick has to be a QB or WR. Its not that OL isn't a need, its that there aren't likely to be any OL available who are worthy of our 1st pick. KB mentioned it earlier in this thread. All the people who are pushing for OL in the 1st, who do you want?

Gallery would be the ultimate....not seeing it as a possibiity though. Aside from him and 1 or 2 other guys, I say go FA.

Does anybody have an "official" link to NFL Salary Cap Rules and NFL Draft / Free Agency Rules???

I know relatively little about both and would like to buff up.

My source involves a couple of pieces of paper thrown into a hat.

Derrick Hamilton from Clemson is a guy that will sneak up the Dolphins draft board. He has the size Rick likes in his wide receivers, plus he fills three needs. First, he has the potential to be the #2 receiver the Dolphins are looking for. Second, he is a terrific kick off return man who averaged 34 yards per return and had 1 TD on KORs this year. Third, he can return punts as well.

At that point, he's the only receiver with size that kills three birds with one stone.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I'm disappointed in Spielman for crossing off Woods so soon. He has been very productive, even against the toughest CB talent.

I guess it's a sign that Thompson is staying & McKnight is gone. Seems like we're going for a WR with sub 4.45 speed.

Sometimes speed can be decieving.. The best WR of last year's crop (Boldin) had a HORRIBLE 40 time and he wound up putting up some rookie record setting numbers for a lousy Cardinal team.

Back
Top Bottom