Mando: shotgun weddings are a bad idea but looks like phins r gonna do it again | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: shotgun weddings are a bad idea but looks like phins r gonna do it again

What about this scenario?? They hire a new GM, handcuff him to stay with Philbin. Philbin in turn says that Sherman stays as OC because of his loyalty to him (ALA Shula). Would you still want to keep Philbin as the coach??

And don't forget Sherman's son-in-law.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand how we can be so casual about the way things are going... There are questions about ever facet of this team, from the top down. There needs to be accountability! Ross is not surrounding himself with people that will hold themselves and their subordinates accountable. When you read the quotes from Philbin it is clear that decisions on this team have been mutual between Philbin, Ireland, and Ross. We can't get rid of Ross so the other two must be shown the door. What is the goal of keeping one or the other... I just don't understand this concept.

What about this scenario?? They hire a new GM, handcuff him to stay with Philbin. Philbin in turn says that Sherman stays as OC because of his loyalty to him (ALA Shula). Would you still want to keep Philbin as the coach??

Only if Sherman starts calling plays that make sense in a given situation. I also believe there is a lot more than just Sherman's playcalling when it comes to offense's lack of consistent production. The OLine sucks, Tanny at times misses Wallace. When Tanny hits Wallace, Wallace drops the ball. Just to name a few.

If we continue taking and have a horrible record....Ross may very well just fire everyone. Bring in GRUDEN!!! WE NEED A COACH AND FRONT OFFICE WITH A PULSE.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

*tanking , sorry

I can not believe I am saying this, but I actually agree with Armando

Yeah...the problem with the FO for a long time now is the Parcells stench of Ireland. Forcing Philbin on a new GM will get us another yes-man clown. Half measures won't do this time. If you're going to blow it up it's megaton H-bomb time.

Yeah...the problem with the FO for a long time now is the Parcells stench of Ireland. Forcing Philbin on a new GM will get us another yes-man clown. Half measures won't do this time. If you're going to blow it up it's megaton H-bomb time.
:lol2:

If it's true, Ross is simply inept and seemingly incapable of recognizing his own mistakes. This team needs a fresh start but instead we'll bring on a new GM and tie his hands right from the beginning. Genius!

Stephen Ross is a self made man who began his career as a tax attorney and has amassed a fortune estimated at $4.8 Billion and allowed him the opportunity to purchase the Dolphins. He is currently managing the biggest real estate project in New York City. I think that you are wrong. I would not describe him as inept.

If Ross is going to keep Philbin and fire Ireland, the promote Aponte. Its pointless to try to get a good strong GM and try to tell him he's stuck with Philbin/Sherman and this staff. Tell Aponte and Philbin they better get it straightened out. Maybe bring in a former player to be on top of everyone else....

Pathetic.
Aponte doesn't know anything about football.

It will suck if we miss out on Jay Gruden so Ross can hang onto Philbin for one more year before firing him.

Back
Top Bottom