Manning out ...next Brady | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning out ...next Brady

eh... it was like predicting the sun would come up tomorrow. :brewskis:

Yeah...I clicked your thread completely expecting it to be a serious thread. Read a million of em over the years here. One year they'll be right :lol:

ehhh i been saying it for years...luck is manning and tannehill is the tom brady of the afc for the next decade plus...dont care how much people want to try and clown it either...these are the two top young qbs in the afc who will carry the conference

I like Tannehill but that is crazy talk... In my mind Brady is the GOAT and he was clutch from the get-go. Yes he benefited from superior coaching and a better team around him, but those early Pats offenses weren't juggernauts by any stretch. Wasn't David Givens his top target?

Brady had already won 2 SUPERBOWLS by Year 3 on his way to another one.

Tannehill may very well end up being the main rival to Luck, but it wouldn't be a Manning/Brady rivalry... More like a Brady/Flacco rivalry

I like Tannehill but that is crazy talk... In my mind Brady is the GOAT and he was clutch from the get-go. Yes he benefited from superior coaching and a better team around him, but those early Pats offenses weren't juggernauts by any stretch. Wasn't David Givens his top target?

Tannehill may very well end up being the main rival to Luck, but it wouldn't be a Manning/Brady rivalry... More like a Brady/Flacco rivalry

yeah its crazy alright...just like everything else...people jump from he's a career backup to an average starter to top 10 type ceiling around here in one freaking season...like i'm gonna put any stock in that fly by the pants analysis...i know the way it works...the arrows pointing up...luck and tannehill will carry the afc...obviously i dont know that tannehill is destined for brady like postseason success or games played etc in fact the way things are going right now i kinda doubt it but he's also one of the top level 3 years or less in the league qbs in football and only gonna get better

so whatever call it what you want...i stand by anything until i see reason not to...and i havent seen any yet...

How long before Thomas becomes a noodle arm, a year, two ? Soon AFC is going to be Tannehill-Luck's conference.

This is becoming the old Indy-Miami rivalry. When Dan was getting there in age and Manning was just getting good. What a sad sad day it was to see "old age" caught up to Dan. I believe it was Jan of 2000. Dude couldn't even pass gas without interception.

Tannehill jumped Ben and Flacco already?? that's awesome I didn't get the memo

One thing, that great coach was on his way out until Brady rescued that franchise and BB's HC career. NE was a sinking ship that instantly turned around the second Brady stepped on the field. There is no comparison in any way btw Ryan and Brady and that's not an insult to Ryan. He's closer to a younger, more athletic Bledsoe than he is Brady.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."

is this being adjusted to 2015 or 2016 now?

Tannehill jumped Ben and Flacco already?? that's awesome I didn't get the memo

pay attention, Ben and Flacco are now old. It's Luck and Ryan's world in the AFC for the next 10-15 years. Between them they have 3 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins and AFC Championship Game appearance.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair he did say and continues to believe Mark Sanchez is a top QB, and one of the few real franchise QBs.

To be fair he did say and continues to believe Mark Sanchez is a top QB, and one of the few real franchise QBs.

at no point have I EVER said Mark Sanchez is a top QB, elite, great, etc... Keep making stuff up though.

27th ranked but top 10 best.

27th ranked but top 10 best.

top 10 and a top QB or elite QB are very different things. He was a top 10ish QB in 2010, he was not elite or great. Never has been, never will be. he's had great games and great moments but turns it over too much and is too inconsistent to be a top QB. If I said something as asinine as he will be the next Tom Brady or Joe Montana then you could bash me for it.

Please stop drinking the Kool - Aid. There are other AFC quarterbacks that may be up there with Brady/Luck besides Tannehill. Man the homerism around here makes me sick. Luck is special, Wilson is special. We don't know what we have with Tanny except an average-above average quarterback. Let's just wait and see before we start crowning our QB top of the conference when we are literally usually in the middle of the pack. Sorry if I don't believe much until I see it proven.

top 10 and a top QB or elite QB are very different things. He was a top 10ish QB in 2010, he was not elite or great. Never has been, never will be. he's had great games and great moments but turns it over too much and is too inconsistent to be a top QB. If I said something as asinine as he will be the next Tom Brady or Joe Montana then you could bash me for it.

How about that you wouldn't accept 2 first round picks for him, that you wouldn't trade him for any league QB outside of the top 5 and that includes not trading him for Flacco, Romo, Melty, and Rivers. Or those don't qualify as "assinine"?

How about that you wouldn't accept 2 first round picks for him, that you wouldn't trade him for any league QB outside of the top 5 and that includes not trading him for Flacco, Romo, Melty, and Rivers. Or those don't qualify as "assinine"?

still would prefer him over Rivers, Ryan and Romo but Flacco has jumped up. Mark was throwing to Chaz Schilens not Dez Bryant, Gates, Jones, Wallace, Boldin, Smith, etc... and while that statement may be a bit asinine it's nothing like calling a guy who can't elevate his team to even a WC berth the next Tom Brady- the same guy that took over a 5-11 team and won a SB his first year starting(after they started 0-2).

Tannehill compared to Brady...blasphemy!!! Well, let us compare, shall we?

1st year both started:

Brady
SEA…..TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG…...INT…..FUM…..RAT
2001….NE……….15……264…...413……63.9………2,843…..6.88……18…..91……..12………9………86.5

Tannehill
SEA…..TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG….. INT…..FUM…...RAT
2012…. MIA……..16……282…..484……58.3……3,294…..6.81…….12……80…….13....…..5……..76.1

*Brady had obviously a better 1st year, but was it much better? The biggest difference was more TDs, less INT, with better completion% with better talent around him by Brady, Tannehill threw for more yards, though with more attempts.

Year # 2 both started:

Brady
2002….NE……….16……373…...601……62.1………3,764…..6.26……28…..49……..14………5……85.7

Tannehill
2013…….MIA…..16…….355…..588……60.4…...3,913….6.66…….24……67……..17……..6…….81.7

*Yet again, you have to say Brady had the better year, but while Tannehill showed progress from the year before, Brady slightly declined, biggest difference was more TDs, less Ints by Brady, far more yards with less attempts by Tannehill with about the same talent around them (Give or take a little from either side).

Year #3 both starting:

Brady
2003….NE……….16……317…...527……60.2………3,620…..6.87……23…..82……..12………9………85.9

Tannehill
SEA…...TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG….. INT…..FUM…...RAT
2014…….MIA……..16…….392…..590……66.4….4,045… 6.86…….27……50……..12……..4…….92.8

*Tannehill has the a better 3rd year, and has the best statistical year of both QBs without his TE most of the year, and his go to receiver being dis-satisfied, and complaining the entire season, Brady has almost the same type of year as #2, while Tannehill takes a huge jump, with a much better 3rd year. Biggest difference of the two, Tannehill throws for more Yards, more TDs, and a better completion percentage.

Oh by the way, did I mention that on top of everything, Tannehill did this learning a new offense, and his O-line fell apart around mid-season after losing the best Linemen...Yea, everyone already knew that.

Basically Brady came out of the gates quicker, but Tannehill has improved year to year much better then Brady...but let us not compare both, because that is madness.

at no point have I EVER said Mark Sanchez is a top QB, elite, great, etc... Keep making stuff up though.

Yes you did, but let us forget you ever put his name among the top QBs playing today...maybe everyone will for get.

Back
Top Bottom