Manning out ...next Brady | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning out ...next Brady

Yes you did, but let us forget you ever put his name among the top QBs playing today...maybe everyone will for get.

No I didn't and thank you for posting meaningless #s in a different era to try to compare a mediocre QB in 2014 to a top 5 all tike great QB. This game is about much more than individual #s. Brady made plays to win, Ryan does not do that consistently. Brady took over a dead franchise going nowhere, BB was on his way out and instantly he lifted that team up. when has Ryan ever lifted a team up?

Tannehill compared to Brady...blasphemy!!! Well, let us compare, shall we?

1st year both started:

Brady
SEA…..TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG…...INT…..FUM…..RAT
2001….NE……….15……264…...413……63.9………2,843…..6.88……18…..91……..12………9………86.5

Tannehill
SEA…..TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG….. INT…..FUM…...RAT
2012…. MIA……..16……282…..484……58.3……3,294…..6.81…….12……80…….13....…..5……..76.1

*Brady had obviously a better 1st year, but was it much better? The biggest difference was more TDs, less INT, with better completion% with better talent around him by Brady, Tannehill threw for more yards, though with more attempts.

Year # 2 both started:

Brady
2002….NE……….16……373…...601……62.1………3,764…..6.26……28…..49……..14………5……85.7

Tannehill
2013…….MIA…..16…….355…..588……60.4…...3,913….6.66…….24……67……..17……..6…….81.7

*Yet again, you have to say Brady had the better year, but while Tannehill showed progress from the year before, Brady slightly declined, biggest difference was more TDs, less Ints by Brady, far more yards with less attempts by Tannehill with about the same talent around them (Give or take a little from either side).

Year #3 both starting:

Brady
2003….NE……….16……317…...527……60.2………3,620…..6.87……23…..82……..12………9………85.9

Tannehill
SEA…...TEAM…..GP…..CMP…..ATT…..CMP% …..YDS…..AVG…..TD…..LNG….. INT…..FUM…...RAT
2014…….MIA……..16…….392…..590……66.4….4,045… 6.86…….27……50……..12……..4…….92.8

*Tannehill has the a better 3rd year, and has the best statistical year of both QBs without his TE most of the year, and his go to receiver being dis-satisfied, and complaining the entire season, Brady has almost the same type of year as #2, while Tannehill takes a huge jump, with a much better 3rd year. Biggest difference of the two, Tannehill throws for more Yards, more TDs, and a better completion percentage.

Basically Brady came out of the gates quicker, but Tannehill has improved year to year much better then Brady...but let us not compare both, because that is madness.

the numbers are pretty close as are the number of tds luck has relative to manning at the same stage but the part people have a hard time grasping is that take the postseason success out of it the actual qb play has been pretty similar and because brady has admittedly become an all timer they just cant see any type of comparison as legitimate...but if you look at the way they play the game the similarites are very much there...

i will say this i'm closer to right than wrong at the year 3 point if you take the postseason success out of it and just look at the qb play over 16 games etc

and how anyone would think tannehill is done improving or has reached his ceiling already is beyond me...he's still going up...i know it's a lofty praise and of course the usual suspects will try and get after me every chance that they can on something cause they dont have the balls to ever put themselves out there but tannehills actual qb play is on schedule to be one of the best when he's reached his ceiling...the only question i have now is will he survive physically long enough to ever achieve it

1st year both started:

Brady

Tannehill

*Brady had obviously a better 1st year, but was it much better? The biggest difference was more TDs, less INT, with better completion% with better talent around him by Brady, Tannehill threw for more yards, though with more attempts.

Year # 2 both started:

Brady

Tannehill

*Yet again, you have to say Brady had the better year, but while Tannehill showed progress from the year before, Brady slightly declined, biggest difference was more TDs, less Ints by Brady, far more yards with less attempts by Tannehill with about the same talent around them (Give or take a little from either side).

Year #3 both starting:

Brady

Tannehill

*Tannehill has the a better 3rd year, and has the best statistical year of both QBs without his TE most of the year, and his go to receiver being dis-satisfied, and complaining the entire season, Brady has almost the same type of year as #2, while Tannehill takes a huge jump, with a much better 3rd year. Biggest difference of the two, Tannehill throws for more Yards, more TDs, and a better completion percentage.

Basically Brady came out of the gates quicker, but Tannehill has improved year to year much better then Brady...but let us not compare both, because that is madness.

Don't forget to factor in tannehills rushing yards and all the hurries and sacks! Look at the fumbles for year three as well. Tannehill had fumbling issues remember? Yeah I kinda forgot as well. Thats a great sign for his future! He can adapt.

Stats are pretty similar between Brady and RT in 1st 3 years. The biggest difference is the play in the 4th quarter of close games. Brady was clutch with 15 game winning /4th quarter comebacks. Ryan has 7

the numbers are pretty close as are the number of tds luck has relative to manning at the same stage but the part people have a hard time grasping is that take the postseason success out of it the actual qb play has been pretty similar and because brady has admittedly become an all timer they just cant see any type of comparison as legitimate...but if you look at the way they play the game the similarites are very much there...

i will say this i'm closer to right than wrong at the year 3 point if you take the postseason success out of it and just look at the qb play over 16 games etc

and how anyone would think tannehill is done improving or has reached his ceiling already is beyond me...he's still going up...i know it's a lofty praise and of course the usual suspects will try and get after me every chance that they can on something cause they dont have the balls to ever put themselves out there but tannehills actual qb play is on schedule to be one of the best when he's reached his ceiling...the only question i have now is will he survive physically long enough to ever achieve it

You are not closer to being right than wrong, you just aren't. you can run and report my post all you want but the facts are Ryan has been a mediocre QB and Brady lifted a franchise on his shoulders.

Has Ryan improved? absolutely but to compare him w/ a top 5 all time great QB is ludicrous.

and NY8123 I can't send PMs but I didn't bait anyone. I commented on the top[ic at hand, if I see something as silly as comparing Tannehill to Brady I will discuss it. it has nothing to do w/ who posted it.

There is absolutely nothing similar about Ryan Tannehill and a young Tom Brady.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Stats are pretty similar between Brady and RT in 1st 3 years. The biggest difference is the play in the 4th quarter of close games. Brady was clutch with 15 game winning /4th quarter comebacks. Ryan has 7

and the offensive explosion in the pass game hadn't become commonplace yet.

Indy reloaded with only the loss of one season by hiring Curtis the Painter...I think NE will do it without having to tank a year knowing the stronghold Lord Kraft has on the AFC East.

how many times has ryan tannehill failed on those for any reason other than protection??? you tell me...how many times has the qb had time to go thru progressions and flat failed in a game winning potential drive??? those 15 drives are impressive but there's a lot of things that go into that and he also had a super bowl worthy surrounding cast...hell we cant even protect the qb if we get one injury up front...

how many balls in those scenarios have you seen thrown into coverage or just a poor decision??? i mean we got 3 years now you tell me???

you can't be clutch if you dont have a chance to be...i think the tannehill doesnt or cant finish is fabricated...every year his td high has gone up from 2 in 2012 to 3 in 2013 to 4 in 2014 and you cant be more onions than he was vs minnesota when despite taking huge hits he was able to go thru his early progressions at least and get the ball out and make plays...not back foot hit and contact stuff

sure he has some things he needs to clean up like throwing the ball away at times and living for another down instead of taking losses etc but all his issues are time and rep related correctable from what i see...all of them...and he's already damn good and the best thing this current miami team has going for it...

No I didn't and thank you for posting meaningless #s in a different era to try to compare a mediocre QB in 2014 to a top 5 all tike great QB. This game is about much more than individual #s. Brady made plays to win, Ryan does not do that consistently. Brady took over a dead franchise going nowhere, BB was on his way out and instantly he lifted that team up. when has Ryan ever lifted a team up?

Ok then from here on, I NEVER WANT you to EVER compare Brady to Marino, who unlike Brady, did it at a time the rules were more slanted to the Defense.

Ok then from here on, I NEVER WANT you to EVER compare Brady to Marino, who unlike Brady, did it at a time the rules were more slanted to the Defense.

show me ONE time where I compared Brady's #s to Marino's #s? if you can do that let me know.

1st year both started:

Brady

Tannehill

Year # 2 both started:

Brady

Tannehill

Year #3 both starting:

Brady

Tannehill

Oh by the way, did I mention that on top of everything, Tannehill did this learning a new offense, and his O-line fell apart around mid-season after losing the best Linemen...Yea, everyone already knew that.

I like Tannehill, but you really cant compare stats today with stats pre-2004. 2004 started the offensive explosion with the illegal contact rule change lowering the bumping window for CBs and the league making illegal contact a point of emphasis. The game has been slanting more toward favoring offense ever since.

how many times has ryan tannehill failed on those for any reason other than protection??? you tell me...how many times has the qb had time to go thru progressions and flat failed in a game winning potential drive??? those 15 drives are impressive but there's a lot of things that go into that and he also had a super bowl worthy surrounding cast...hell we cant even protect the qb if we get one injury up front...

how many balls in those scenarios have you seen thrown into coverage or just a poor decision??? i mean we got 3 years now you tell me???

you can't be clutch if you dont have a chance to be...i think the tannehill doesnt or cant finish is fabricated...every year his td high has gone up from 2 in 2012 to 3 in 2013 to 4 in 2014 and you cant be more onions than he was vs minnesota when despite taking huge hits he was able to go thru his early progressions at least and get the ball out and make plays...not back foot hit and contact stuff

sure he has some things he needs to clean up like throwing the ball away at times and living for another down instead of taking losses etc but all his issues are time and rep related correctable from what i see...all of them...and he's already damn good and the best thing this current miami team has going for it...

People are not paying attention, and all that is happening is that Tannehill is sneaking up on them to the point one day, they will be wondering how did this happen all of a sudden, not realizing it is happening game to game, season to season.

I'm going to warn every single one of you in this thread and the board for that matter. You wanted the thread derailment to stop and it is going to, period.

Anyone calling another poster out by name to elicit a response and you are getting points.
Anyone specifically derailing a thread and you are getting points.
Anyone photo shopping bull**** to knock a poster and you're getting points.
Anyone prior that has called out another poster is going to get points.

I'm reviewing every post that was reported or implies a reference to another poster regardless of who they are. If I get to a post and it appears to be an intentional "bait", "call out", "thread re-direction" etc... your getting points.

Heed the warning because this is a staff level decision because we are frankly tired of the he said, she said bull****

:lol: Revisionist history at its finest. :lol:

completely untrue, find one example where I called him great or one of the games best QBs? find one example where I said he WILL be one of the best.

I like Tannehill, but you really cant compare stats today with stats pre-2004. 2004 started the offensive explosion with the illegal contact rule change lowering the bumping window for CBs and the league making illegal contact a point of emphasis. The game has been slanting more toward favoring offense ever since.

yeah you cant do that but you can just forget about the fact that tannehill has been sacked at a 141 clip thru his first 3 seasons and is still putting up numbers that compare with a qb who if i had to guess wasnt sacked half that much thru the same span and has become an all time greater in the process...

Back
Top Bottom