Manning out ...next Brady | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning out ...next Brady

oh its sneaking up on them all right...if we could get 16 games of decent protections worth it's gonna sneak up on em a whole lot more...of course the d blows now so he's gonna have to shoulder more load...but he's capable...if we can keep him upright

Hoops, If Miami ever gave Tannehill at least consistently OK pass blocking for an entire season, the Brady/ Tannehill comparison would quickly take a quick about face, and some that hate Tannehill would probably jump back.

Hoops, If Miami ever gave Tannehill at least consistently OK pass blocking for an entire season, the Brady/ Tannehill comparison would quickly take a quick about face, and some that hate Tannehill would probably jump back.

Tom Brady is a top 5 all time great QB. I don't think people "hate" Tannehill by laughing at that comparison. Ryan may develop into a good QB someday, he's not going to be a Hall of Famer or top 5 all time QB. No one outside of this board will EVER compare Ryan Tannehill with Tom Brady.

No QB - throws well with blindside hits and defenders in face just ask Marino (bruce smith) and Tom (ny giants)

Improve the Line

i doubt many people have studied our qb the way i have either thru 3 years...like short of inside that dolphins building i doubt many have...cause i've done it all...every bit of tape he has i've gone thru as in depth as you can...and no i dont use numbers or stats or any of that other stuff...i use what i know and this kid is legit

from week 3 on he was the best thing going for this team by a mile in 2014...it is not a fluke...i dont throw out things just to hear myself talk...

in the last 2 meaningless reg season games Ryan was sacked 8 times. through 14 games he was sacked 2.7 times per game. In Ryan's first season he was sacked 2.2 per game. Brady's first season he was sacked 2.9 per game.

One positive note on the Game winning drives.

When Aaron Rodgers beat the Cowboys on Sunday it was only his 12th game winning drive. After 3 years of starting AROD only had 5. So RT is pretty close to him already and he has been successful.

35 sacks 3 seasons...that's all that matters...it's a seasons extra worth on average pretty much...it matters...we arent even counting all the hits...

One positive note on the Game winning drives.

When Aaron Rodgers beat the Cowboys on Sunday it was only his 12th game winning drive. After 3 years AROD only had 5. So RT is pretty close to him already and he has been successful.

Rodgers gets his teams big leads, Ryan does not.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

i doubt many people have studied our qb the way i have either thru 3 years...like short of inside that dolphins building i doubt many have...cause i've done it all...every bit of tape he has i've gone thru as in depth as you can...and no i dont use numbers or stats or any of that other stuff...i use what i know and this kid is legit

from week 3 on he was the best thing going for this team by a mile in 2014...it is not a fluke...i dont throw out things just to hear myself talk...
I doubt it too and there's no doubt he has improved. Putting all our other BS btw us aside, don't you think it's a little crazy to compare him to a top 5 all time QB? If it ever happens I'll tip my cap to you.

So-called "fly by the pants" analysis is a common fault. Equally pathetic is failing to grasp the likelihood of upward adjustment, especially when the asserted ceiling is ultra top tier.

Tannehill will never be an elite quarterback based on attrition elsewhere. That's ultimate ignorance. I've seen it from the Bar Stool crowd for 40+ years. Every time that theme is adopted, it screams that the person has no idea what he's doing, of basic normalcy. If it happens it's minor and very brief. There are always legit top tier guys showing up, even if seemingly out of nowhere.

Tannehill has opportunity to become a good NFL quarterback. Right now he has a moderate W/L record and moderate YPA becuse that's exactly the level he's been playing at. Very familiar from his Texas A&M days, where he guided an exceptionally talented team with a huge power rating to 7-6 record as a senior. During that senior season Texas A&M was underdog only once, at Oklahoma. I'm not sure many fans realize that. Favored 12 times. Tannehill lost 5 times as favorite in one season, to Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State and Texas. Blown leads were the staple of those games. Frankly, I found them somewhat amusing, because I'm primarily a first half bettor in regular season college football. I didn't mind this kid named Ryan Tannehill tensing up and surrendering leads when he had already covered my bet in the first half. It's comforting, actually, like you stole a victory from an alliance that virtually every other Texas A&M bettor cursed and lost.

I had no idea we'd be drafting that kid with all the blown leads, and certainly not high in the first round.

So when we lose so often as favorite around here, including critical games late in the season, it's nothing new for Ryan Tannehill. He botched the vital game against Texas to end the 2011 regular season. That game carried frenzied significance for both teams because Texas A&M was bolting to the SEC beginning in 2012. That was already known. No more meetings for the forseeable. Bragging rights for who knows long were at stake. Texas fans stormed the field at College Station when Justin Tucker won that game with a last second field goal. Tannehill blew a 9 point halftime lead, including a pick six early in the third quarter that got Texas back into the game when their offense was doing nothing. Again, I remember it well because I already won the first half wager on Aggies -3.5.

Sigs mean nothing to me. I know the true odds. Once in a while the miracle shot is pulled off successfully, like Bubba Watson out of the trees at Augusta. Just don't kid yourself regarding the probability. That's what I have no respect for. Adjustments are fine as long as they are recognized for the percentage attached. Ever since I joined this forum in 2005 it's stood out to me that the sharpest guys have an understanding of real world probability, but the larger slice just finds a happy number in the wind, like 7000 yards for Dan Marino in today's NFL, and generally makes a parody of themselves without realizing it.

Tom Brady is a top 5 all time great QB. I don't think people "hate" Tannehill by laughing at that comparison. Ryan may develop into a good QB someday, he's not going to be a Hall of Famer or top 5 all time QB. No one outside of this board will EVER compare Ryan Tannehill with Tom Brady.

Actually according to you Brady is not a top 5 QB, considering he is doing it in a different era...can't have it both ways.

35 sacks 3 seasons...that's all that matters...it's a seasons extra worth on average pretty much...it matters...we arent even counting all the hits...

that gets skewed b/c of one high sack season in 2013 when the OL was pretty good 2nd half of season and wasn't the reason he struggled late- at least against us.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Actually according to you Brady is not a top 5 QB, considering he is doing it in a different era...can't have it both ways.

what are you talking about?

Rodgers gets his teams big leads, Ryan does not.

Ryan was doing it this year before the injuries set in. At one point we were leading the league in double digit victories.

Just like last night Championship game, The finese (short passing) team need to get ahead so that the 4th quarter doesn't matter.
If they don't then they can be in trouble as the physical team will eventually take over.

So-called "fly by the pants" analysis is a common fault. Equally pathetic is failing to grasp the likelihood of upward adjustment, especially when the asserted ceiling is ultra top tier.

Tannehill will never be an elite quarterback based on attrition elsewhere. That's ultimate ignorance. I've seen it from the Bar Stool crowd for 40+ years. Every time that theme is adopted, it screams that the person has no idea what he's doing, of basic normalcy. If it happens it's minor and very brief. There are always legit top tier guys showing up, even if seemingly out of nowhere.

Tannehill has opportunity to become a good NFL quarterback. Right now he has a moderate W/L record and moderate YPA becuse that's exactly the level he's been playing at. Very familiar from his Texas A&M days, where he guided an exceptionally talented team with a huge power rating to 7-6 record as a senior. During that senior season Texas A&M was underdog only once, at Oklahoma. I'm not sure many fans realize that. Favored 12 times. Tannehill lost 5 times as favorite in one season, to Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State and Texas. Blown leads were the staple of those games. Frankly, I found them somewhat amusing, because I'm primarily a first half bettor in regular season college football. I didn't mind this kid named Ryan Tannehill tensing up and surrendering leads when he had already covered my bet in the first half. It's comforting, actually, like you stole a victory from an alliance that virtually every other Texas A&M bettor cursed and lost.

I had no idea we'd be drafting that kid with all the blown leads, and certainly not high in the first round.

So when we lose so often as favorite around here, including critical games late in the season, it's nothing new for Ryan Tannehill. He botched the vital game against Texas to end the 2011 regular season. That game carried frenzied significance for both teams because Texas A&M was bolting to the SEC beginning in 2012. That was already known. No more meetings for the forseeable. Bragging rights for who knows long were at stake. Texas fans stormed the field at College Station when Justin Tucker won that game with a last second field goal. Tannehill blew a 9 point halftime lead, including a pick six early in the third quarter that got Texas back into the game when their offense was doing nothing. Again, I remember it well because I already won the first half wager on Aggies -3.5.

Sigs mean nothing to me. I know the true odds. Once in a while the miracle shot is pulled off successfully, like Bubba Watson out of the trees at Augusta. Just don't kid yourself regarding the probability. That's what I have no respect for. Adjustments are fine as long as they are recognized for the percentage attached. Ever since I joined this forum in 2005 it's stood out to me that the sharpest guys have an understanding of real world probability, but the larger slice just finds a happy number in the wind, like 7000 yards for Dan Marino in today's NFL, and generally makes a parody of themselves without realizing it.

awsi did russell wilson play in the national championship game and win one and i just dont know about it or something??? did he light up the scoreboard at nc state or wisconsin and i miss it???

there's exceptions to all your rules...odds are slim...i get it...there arent many tom bradys that's why he's an all time great...but they do happen...

Ryan was doing it this year before the injuries set in. At one point we were leading the league in double digit victories.

Just like last night Championship game, The finese (short passing) team need to get ahead so that the 4th quarter doesn't matter.
If they don't then they can be in trouble as the physical team will eventually take over.

the D was huge in that too, scoring, setting up scores, holding opps down. 0 2nd half pts for NE, Oak 14, Chi 14, SD 0, Jax 13(plus scoring 2 TDs).

Not trying to take away credit from Ryan but DD wins are easier when the opps don't score. I am not anti-Ryan Tannehill. I like many parts of his game but I just disagree w/ this elite talk and Brady talk.

Back
Top Bottom